David Beckham

NSG

Plenty of British former athletes deserve it far more.

I know you could argue that he didn't need it; but donating the entirety of his £3.5m salary to charity? Awesome generosity, that.

As good as that is it's really just another incredibly rich person donating to charity. There's normal people that work all week and don't earn a great deal, but still either find time to volunteer, or find some spare money to donate, which is more impressive to me.

Being knighted now.  Fuck my life. 

Bloke does fuck all but premote his shit underpants and wank smelling perfume and people sup it up.  He is now to be knighted for doing fuckall.  Well done spackers

Plenty of British former athletes deserve it far more.

I know you could argue that he didn't need it; but donating the entirety of his £3.5m salary to charity? Awesome generosity, that.

As good as that is it's really just another incredibly rich person donating to charity. There's normal people that work all week and don't earn a great deal, but still either find time to volunteer, or find some spare money to donate, which is more impressive to me.

Can we not just say, 'aye quality that becks'. Do we always have to fucking pick at things?

• 1 month later...

Sam Kelly ‏@HEGS_com 2m

Apparently Bolívar owner Marcelo Claure is a friend of Beckham's. Idea is to get him to play at least 2 matches in the Copa.

Sam Kelly ‏@HEGS_com 4m

Temptation of the Libertadores might bring David Beckham out of retirement. Apparently his people are talking to Bolívar, of Bolivia.

http://www.la-razon.com/marcas/Ingles-David-Beckham-camiseta-Bolivar_LRZIMA20130628_0150_11.jpg

Guest coalminer

Got to hand it to him - he took a slightly above average talent and made himself a shitload of cash without letting small things like class or loyalty getting in the way.

Got to hand it to him - he took a slightly above average talent and made himself a shitload of cash without letting small things like class or loyalty getting in the way.

Gave his entire salary from PSG to a local kids' charity, the classless cunt.

Lost any semblance of respect for him when he became a 'brand' rather than a footballer.

Why though? I honestly don't get the grief. He still racked up over 700 career appearances so it's definitely a case of 'as well as', as opposed to 'rather than'.

Lost any semblance of respect for him when he became a 'brand' rather than a footballer.

Why though? I honestly don't get the grief. He still racked up over 700 career appearances so it's definitely a case of 'as well as', as opposed to 'rather than'.

I just prefer footballers to keep themselves to themselves and go about trying to be the very best footballer they can be. To become famous for doing what they do better than almost everyone else.

He's always come across as far too desperate for publicity and fame. I always compare him to Paul Scholes, about the same age, same team, same training, same managers etc. One will go down as one of the best midfielders of his generation and the other married a spice girl, became a walking clothes-horse and hawked his brand at every possible opportunity to maximise his status/fame.

I know which one I've got the respect for.