Time to show your hand Mr. Ashley

Guest Guinness

enjoy the moment instead of being too impatient. Things could be alot worse like in the earlier years. Im really optimistic about everthing that is new in this club atm. Finally i can see a longterm plan instead of hoofing the cash around, There is still time to sign a few more players.

Thrust me, i also want to see quality players coming in soon but rather being patient about it than the club throwing money around just for the case of it. Im trying to see everything that is so much more positive around this club now and for the future . It makes it easier to be patient about things.

I was so f****** tired of the rollercoast ride that the club has been in for the last years. Spending money without getting anywhere.

Now im just happy that if the club/team can move in the right direction slowly but steadily for once.

Oo Err..

enjoy the moment instead of being too impatient. Things could be alot worse like in the earlier years. Im really optimistic about everthing that is new in this club atm. Finally i can see a longterm plan instead of hoofing the cash around, There is still time to sign a few more players.

Thrust me, i also want to see quality players coming in soon but rather being patient about it than the club throwing money around just for the case of it. Im trying to see everything that is so much more positive around this club now and for the future . It makes it easier to be patient about things.

I was so f****** tired of the rollercoast ride that the club has been in for the last years. Spending money without getting anywhere.

Now im just happy that if the club/team can move in the right direction slowly but steadily for once.

Oo Err..

??

Guest Verlaine

We are in pole position to get Queudrue & perhaps Fanni (the new Thuram but is now 28 years old).

From 2 weeks ago being linked with Deco, Gudjohnsen, Edmilson & Beye we are being touted with an average PL full back & one from France who is 28, hasn't won a cap, is being touted around europe for 3.5M & yet is the new Thuram.

Why are people being so defensive of MA? He may be fantastic for us & we all hope he is. I'd be a lot happier if he did come out & actually say & do something & we should be asking him to do this.

He has every right to do what he wants but he needs to engage the fans.

Typical behaviour on these boards- choose to disbelieve the good newspaper talk, but take the negative as gospel.

Fanni is 26, FYI.

Here's something for you to mull over- Mike Ashley has no obligation to come out and appease hysterical old women fans because they have their knickers knotted.

Also, Ashley's mouthpiece, and the guy actually running the club, Chris Mort, conducted an interview just last week, where he adressed your concerns. What's your problem?

We are in pole position to get Queudrue & perhaps Fanni (the new Thuram but is now 28 years old).

From 2 weeks ago being linked with Deco, Gudjohnsen, Edmilson & Beye we are being touted with an average PL full back & one from France who is 28, hasn't won a cap, is being touted around europe for 3.5M & yet is the new Thuram.

Why are people being so defensive of MA? He may be fantastic for us & we all hope he is. I'd be a lot happier if he did come out & actually say & do something & we should be asking him to do this.

Ashley or Mort may come out and say something when they have a better idea about the state of the club and what needs to be done to move us forwards.

Guest guinness_fiend

In a climate where players are going for silly money, the *last* thing Mike Ashley should do is come out and make a statement of intent in regards to the financial position-slash-transfer policy of the club.  When teams are aware of what would, in any other business, be private information, they tend to exploit it.  All one has to do is look at the ridiculous transfers that Chelsea have made over the last few years and, currently, the ones that West Ham are making.

Furthermore, Mike Ashley is without a doubt an excellent businessman.  It would make precious little sense for him to invest tens of millions of pounds into what remains an unknown quantity.  I would be happy with a bit more transfer activity along the same lines as what has been happening thus far and (hopefully) a UEFA cup spot, or at the very least consistency in our performances over the course of the season.  Then... once Ashley is satisfied that (1) Big Sam is the man to lead us forward; and (2) that he finally has a comprehensive business-slash-investment strategy, THEN he should open his chequebook.

Ultimately, Big Sam worked wonders at Bolton and got them into the UEFA cup by spending very little.  He should be given time to do that here and then be given extra funds to push us into contention for the Champions League places.  Sometimes, I think that some people honestly believe that throwing money at a manager, alerting other clubs that we have loads to spend and thus they can rip us off (and accordingly attracting mercenary players) and parading his support for the club left, right and centre is the thing to do.  Mike Ashley invested in us.  He invested a hell of a lot of money and is sure as hell not using it as a handy tax break.  He will have invested in us because he saw something he can work with.  Give him time to be proven right and then expect some exciting investments.

Typical behaviour on these boards- choose to disbelieve the good newspaper talk, but take the negative as gospel.

Fanni is 26, FYI.

Here's something for you to mull over- Mike Ashley has no obligation to come out and appease hysterical old women fans because they have their knickers knotted.

Also, Ashley's mouthpiece, and the guy actually running the club, Chris Mort, conducted an interview just last week, where he adressed your concerns. What's your problem?

If Wiki is correct he is 25, will be 26 in December.

Oo Err..

??

Thrust sounds a bit rude to me :)

My over active imagination i guess.

Oo Err..

??

Thrust sounds a bit rude to me :)

My over active imagination i guess.

Well "Believe" might been a better choice?  ;)

Guest nufc_geordie

A good chairman should be seen but not heard. Do you want another interfereing mong like Freddy Shepherd running the club? We now have a proffessional outfit in charge who have very good business sense and are very shrewd in their operations. As has been mentioned previously, Chris Mort gave an interview last week explaining the current situation. Leave Sam with the football side and let the money men deal with the coin. That is how it should be. Now grow up and grow a brain!

The expectations for this club has always been high,

But now we have a great manager in charge and the full backing of  MA,

then we need to show patience,

Just look at how fergie started out with manure

if I remeber he was one game short of being fired,

The newcastle united upsurge will not happen over night,

Leeds united tried that and look where they are now,

Just have some patience,  :frantic:

Is that you Stevie?!

We know nothing about this guy's intentions and it is healthy and normal to question his motives, his moves. He's just taken over the club we all love and support, of course we should be asking questions and I worry about those who don't care who he is.

These are exciting times but this guy may or may not be good news for us, time will tell. We're all in the dark at the moment so I find a lot of the blind faith in Ashley a bit curious to say the least. I'm delighted Shepherd's gone and my gut feeling is we're heading in the right direction, but until I know who this guy is and what his intentions are I'm not going to get carried away or whinge at people who have constructive views.

Haven't been so happy to be a Newcastle fan in ages. I absolutely love what we are doing right now. For once we are flying under the radar and arguably have been the most sensible spenders in the transfer market so far. I would be ecstatic if we continued in the same vein as we have been for the rest of the summer. We will shock a lot of teams next season.

We know nothing about this guy's intentions and it is healthy and normal to question his motives, his moves. He's just taken over the club we all love and support, of course we should be asking questions and I worry about those who don't care who he is.

These are exciting times but this guy may or may not be good news for us, time will tell. We're all in the dark at the moment so I find a lot of the blind faith in Ashley a bit curious to say the least. I'm delighted Shepherd's gone and my gut feeling is we're heading in the right direction, but until I know who this guy is and what his intentions are I'm not going to get carried away or whinge at people who have constructive views.

Top post. That's exactly the point. People were duely concerned when there was talk of Belgravia, Polygon, hedge funds and the likes, but now it seems you get lambasted for questionning or even being curious as to the new owners´ motives..

Guest microbar

The expectations for this club has always been high,

But now we have a great manager in charge and the full backing of  MA,

then we need to show patience,

Just look at how fergie started out with manure

if I remeber he was one game short of being fired,

The newcastle united upsurge will not happen over night,

Leeds united tried that and look where they are now,

Just have some patience,  :frantic:

Is that you Stevie?!

No Just a newbie  here at  newcastle-online, A magpie fanatic who has watched the mags from the 70s to present

A good chairman should be seen but not heard. Do you want another interfereing mong like Freddy Shepherd running the club? We now have a proffessional outfit in charge who have very good business sense and are very shrewd in their operations. As has been mentioned previously, Chris Mort gave an interview last week explaining the current situation. Leave Sam with the football side and let the money men deal with the coin. That is how it should be. Now grow up and grow a brain!

You carry on with blind faith; I'll ask questions. Know which side turns out better on that basis.

Are some fans really that fickle? Jesus man, there's some knee-jerk reactions on the board to every single piece of news atm. Just calm the fuck down. We're a month away from the beginning of the season, a full fucking month man! We're over a month and a half away from the close of the transfer window, so ffs, relax.

We have good players at the club, and most of them are now in training and getting better preparation than they've had in the past couple of years. We've signed 4 players in about two weeks, and we need to sign about 4 or 5 more in the next 6 weeks, which honestly will happen. Allardyce isn't Roeder. He has shown he doesn't take long to wrap up signings (Geremi being a prime example). So please, relax and be excited for the new season. It's gonna be a good one.

Guest Ridzuan

Time to show your face rather.Havnt heard or seen him since the news about the takeover.He must be so secretive.

I don´t think the `fans being fickle` argument is really valid seeing as we are in the aftermath of a major event in our club´s history with Mr Ashley taking over and taking us off the stock market. The club is (almost) completely his now. He can do whatever he wants with it. It's amazing that so little fans have been asking questions about his motives and plans for us. Everybody seems happy enough without much to base that optimism on. Some people are now seeing us target the type and level of player that would have got everybody up in arms when Roeder and Sounness were here. This is leading some of us to ask questions as to what is happening as these players will essentially be tomorrow's dead wood holding us back if we have as ambitious plans as everybody seems to believe.. I don't think this is being fickle, it's being cautious and sensible rather than just joining the party and putting complete faith in people we hardly know..

Thats how I feel, but the people who are saying they were unhappy last year when we spent a bit of money, but are happy this year at spending less - so far - are giving me a laugh if nothing else.

Basically, you need quality players and they cost money. You can't ask Ashley to spend his own money, he may choose not to. And then if he doesn't back his managers as much as the Halls and Shepherd did, they will soon start harping on about buying quality trophy players ..... people are simply giving him time because they think he will throw in his own money. He may not.

However grand a "plan" they have, if you appoint the wrong manager or make the wrong conclusions, the planning won't matter a jot.

I think the problem may be at Sam's end. We know Sam was looking at David Rozenthal when he was at Bolton, so he knew what he was buying. The other players he has brought in are well known premiership bods. He is bringing in backroom staff, trying to upgrade the "Badminton Court" in Benton & evaluate the playing staff he has kept on. I don't think he has got round to scouting overseas players & doing the homework on players in the price / wage bracket that some people want us to be bringing players in at.