Left-Back

Guest jamesmartinsmith
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was about to make a vote but then saw Wayne Bridge's name up there. I am only really interested in players who have a chance of coming here, and he's not even in the running at the moment. When he becomes available I'll have a look at the poll then.

Was about to make a vote but then saw Wayne Bridge's name up there. I am only really interested in players who have a chance of coming here, and he's not even in the running at the moment. When he becomes available I'll have a look at the poll then.

if rumours are true and chelsea are after drenthe,he may be available.

Most of the Drenthe rumours claim Chelsea would be loaning him back for a season so it wouldn't make any impact on Bridges situation.

Most of the Drenthe rumours claim Chelsea would be loaning him back for a season so it wouldn't make any impact on Bridges situation.

Isn't that against the rules? Or does it only apply between English clubs?

Isn't that against the rules? Or does it only apply between English clubs?

Not really sure just going off the rumours.

Actually, you can count Heinze up there as well. head and shoulders above everyone else in that list, but we don't have a hope in hell of signing him. Which makes this a pretty pointless poll. Why would I vote for a player who will be donning blue or red next season?

I voted for Wayne Bridge, because he is clearly the best player on that list, but IMO he's not a realistic chance of coming to St. James.

Out of the realistic chances it would be Leighton Baines, but I dont think he'll be coming either, and then next in line IMO is Gabby Heinze, who I also don't think will come to us.

That leaves Nicky Shorey as the best of the rest.

Why on earth have 7 people voted for Babayaro? You people want your heads lookin at.

Guest woffy_27

we need a left back who can defend and heinze does that more than the other players on the list, need to tighen up that defence

Guest woffy_27

Imo Heinze hasn't exactly set the world alight this year...

yeah thats because he was injured for most of it

Well yes, i knew about that. But the times i have seen him play he hasn't done that well imo. I think we should look at other options.

Guest woffy_27

Well yes, i knew about that. But the times i have seen him play he hasn't done that well imo. I think we should look at other options.

well yeh he got roasted off kaka but who doesnt! still a quality player someone that alladyce should consider to bolster the defence

Guest Guinness

Out of the list I would definately prefer Bridge or Heinze. But with Bridge out for 3 months and Heinze having numerous top European clubs chasing his signature I don't think there's much chance of getting either. I'd also be delighted with Baines and happy with Shorey.

Heinze looks set for Liverpool, told you there was no chance he was going to come here once they had made their interest in him known.

Bridge out for three months, so Baines or Shorey please and as soon as would be ncie..

Heinze looks set for Liverpool, told you there was no chance he was going to come here once they had made their interest in him known.

Bridge out for three months, so Baines or Shorey please and as soon as would be ncie..

I would like Baines. He's young and i think he will grow as a player if he was to sign for us. Good going forward and i think that he needs a fresh start at a new club to develope further as a player.

Guest niina

The question is "Who would you most want to have as our first choice left-back", not realistically, therefore I go for Gabriel Heinze. For me, he is slightly better than Wayne Bridge :D

The question is "Who would you most want to have as our first choice left-back"not realistically,

In which case, Philip Lahm or Carlos Puyol but for some reason they aren't on the poll.