Left-Back

Guest jamesmartinsmith
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Bridge is too injury prone

Seems to be a bit fragile.

He's crocked again, go for Baines

Bridge is not injury prone. Two of the injuries he had were serious injuries, not niggly injuries what he could avoid.

Thing is, how far back do you look into a persons injury record?

Overall or in the last couple of seasons?

Were they lucky to begin with? Are they unlucky now?

It's now too late for Heinze to buy himself out of his contract. That rules Liverpool out then, leaving us his best option in England. Chances are still very slim, we're basically waiting to see what happens with Real, Juventus etc. With a bit of luck Real will go for Drenthe, the Italians will turn elsewhere and his options will look very slim.

It's not impossible that he runs out of options - that's how we got Michael Owen when everyone thought "no chance".

Regarding Bridge, it's obviously more worrying if the injury is recurring, such as a hamstring injury. Yet people don't seem to apply the same to bone injuries. Djibril Cisse for example has had two leg breaks, some would say he's just unlucky but I'd say there's a chance it'll go again. Then again we have seen with Bellamy that a player once considered a lost cause can totally turn his fitness around. There was once a time when most Newcastle fans had given up on Bellamy, it looked like hamstrings/knees were f*****, but now he's hardly ever injured.

Guest Triglett

I reckon you could do a lot worse than Lee, who seems to be open to other options after our signing of Bale. As our best LB and one of our most consisent performers, I'd love to see him stay at Spurs - but he was on the brink of a move to Roma last season, and I can see the management selling him if we can get our money back. £3-4m for a proven Prem player with a wealth of international and European experience really is nothing in today's market. He's a solid defender first and foremost, with the ability to stretch teams going forward at the very least. His crossing stinks, but with the wingers you have at the club, you wouldn't expect him to run your entire left side. I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in him TBH, especially with the number of teams who are looking to tap into the Asian market. Probably one of the most popular players out there. 

I reckon you could do a lot worse than Lee, who seems to be open to other options after our signing of Bale. As our best LB and one of our most consisent performers, I'd love to see him stay at Spurs - but he was on the brink of a move to Roma last season, and I can see the management selling him if we can get our money back. £3-4m for a proven Prem player with a wealth of international and European experience really is nothing in today's market. He's a solid defender first and foremost, with the ability to stretch teams going forward at the very least. His crossing stinks, but with the wingers you have at the club, you wouldn't expect him to run your entire left side. I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in him TBH, especially with the number of teams who are looking to tap into the Asian market. Probably one of the most popular players out there. 

Lee would do as a cheap fallback option, like Queudrue, though I'd rather have Queudrue in all honesty in the hope we could bring out his form of a couple of seasons ago. Hopefully we can find something better than those two though, I'm tired of average/poor defenders at this club and false promises to sort it out.

Matty Taylor is as much a left back as Thierry Henry is a left winger.

No thanks to Lee either, didn't Spurs pay about £1.5m for him? so £3-4m is a little more than getting your money back :lol:

Bridge is not injury prone. Two of the injuries he had were serious injuries, not niggly injuries what he could avoid.

He is out for at least 3 months,isn't he? (Broken pelvis -I think)

matthew taylor from portsmouth

Taylor would be a great choice but dont think portsmouth would sell and doubt if he would leave anyways!

Increasingly long ago now, but Taylor was close friends with Ambrose, didnt want to come here when we were interested before.

Good player but is Leighton Baines in 5 years time without any development. Rather have the Bainester, and he would rather be here than Taylor, who is pretty happy down on the South Coast.

He is out for at least 3 months,isn't he? (Broken pelvis -I think)

Pelvis is a bitch, did mine in a car accident. 3 months is very optimistic if it is that injury.

Guest SwissMagpie

I think we need to put all out efforts to bring Taiwo.even if we need to pay 10 million.they guy also said in the past that his dream is to play in the EPL.and i forgot to tell that he also can play as CB.this was his natrual position when he came to OM.