Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Really feel we need a new back up keeper. Rob Elliott fills me with no confidence at all.

Harps?

His reactions are horrible these days and he won't travel for away matches unless he starts now.

Really feel we need a new back up keeper. Rob Elliott fills me with no confidence at all.

Too early to judge Elliott for me but we could do with another keeper with Sodeberg going and Harper getting on.

Too early to judge Elliott for me but we could do with another keeper with Sodeberg going and Harper getting on.

I'm basing this on nothing but think Harper has just about enough left to do a decent enough job as a number 2...

Looks shit when he warms up pre-match IMO.

Good luck lad!

Clean sheet all matches next year :lol:

Forster Signs For Celtic

By Dan King - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Goalkeeper Fraser Forster has joined Celtic on a permanent basis after two successful loan spells with the Scottish champions.

He spent each of the last two seasons on loan with the Bhoys, who have now agreed an undisclosed fee with Newcastle after he kept 26 clean sheets last term.

Forster, 24, joined United from Wallsend Boys Club and rose through the Academy ranks before being loaned out to Stockport, Bristol Rovers and Norwich.

Joining Celtic for the 2010/11 campaign, the Hexham-born former Royal Grammar School pupil kept a clean sheet on his debut and helped them to win the Scottish Cup. Then last season, he won a Scottish Premier League winners medal as the Hoops stormed to the title.

Guest neesy111

Rob Elliott is absolute dross.  Was to blame for at least 1 goal in the cup game v Forest and looks out of place when I've watched him for the reserves.

Perhaps our scouts weak point is goalkeepers.

I don't think the problem is finding a decent second choice keeper. Its keeping them happy that is the problem.

Its quite hard finding good keepers with no ambition, that's why we should be looking to our youth ranks for back ups.

Guest Roger Kint

Perhaps our scouts weak point is goalkeepers.

Graham Carr doesnt do domestic scouting does he? Maybe Elliott was just a cheap stopgap signing, in fact didnt someone at our place know him from a previous job or am i making that up?

Rob Elliott is absolute dross.  Was to blame for at least 1 goal in the cup game v Forest and looks out of place when I've watched him for the reserves.

Have only seen him once admittedly (at the Forest game), and you're absolutely right, he looked bereft of quality. Who's to say though, he might have another Pards-inspired turnaround.

I can totally imagine Ashley being unwilling to pay a decent fee or wages for someone that is on the bench for 90%+ of the season barring serious injury. As pointed out, let's hope Krul stays fit.

My mate's a Charlton fan and thought Elliott was a good 'keeper. Although, this is the opinion of someone that rates Ameobi...

I think a couple of people who live round my way used to go out on the piss with Elliott, apparently he loves a drink.