West Ham bid for Dyer

NSG

I don't have much doubt that Allardyce wants to keep Dyer. The big question is whether Dyer wants a move. He may prefer the brighter lights of London, and he'll be conscious that he's not the most popular player with our fans. I think he feels a bit under-appreciated, and that's at least partly justified. He may be pushing for this move, I don't know, in which case that could sway the decision.

I don't want him to go. I'd like to see Barton and Dyer given a good try out in centre mid.

i liek how everyone KNOWS what Allardyce wants. All of the "dyer is a greta player" brigade have exceptionally short memories, and typical black and white tinted glasses.

They're talking about £4m on the radio. I'd snap thier hands off for that, for a player with Dyer's limitations.

Every fkn paper this morning is going on Anal's story from last night Chron, shocking that the whole media listens to that prick!!

Even mroe shocking that they all seem to think a low bid will get them Dyer.

NO QUOTES JUST UTTER SPECULATION..

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2785412.ece

West Ham look to Dyer after Faubert injury blow

By Jason Burt

Published: 20 July 2007

West Ham United are considering a move for Newcastle United's Kieron Dyer after learning that their £6.1m signing Julien Faubert will be out for at least six months with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

However, given the England international's injury record - and his £80,000-a-week wages - West Ham would be unwilling to pay the £6m Newcastle are likely to hope to gain for the 28-year-old, who has two years left on his present contract.

Despite public statements that he wants Dyer to stay, it is understood that the Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce is willing to listen to offers for the midfielder, who has previously attracted interest from Tottenham. However, Newcastle's inertia in the transfer market has made it less likely that Allardyce will sell.

Faubert, who was bought as a replacement for Yossi Benayoun, was injured during West Ham's 1-0 friendly defeat against Czech side Sigma Olomouc. The 23-year-old, who arrived from Bordeaux less than three weeks ago, is due to undergo surgery today with manager Alan Curbishley describing the injury as a "devastating blow".

West Ham have had to reassess their transfer targets and if they did buy Dyer, he would become the fourth former Newcastle player on their books following the arrival of Scott Parker for £7m and Craig Bellamy for £7.5m to add to Lee Bowyer.

Journal reporting he's not leaving.

Not surprised. Man U are asking for £6m for Smith and £10m for Rossi. For anything less than £5m, we'd be better off keeping him here. £4m doesn't buy you a championship player these days.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=i-don-8217-t-want-to-leave-8211-kieron%26method=full%26objectid=19482827%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

I don't get this bit like...

"The Hammers – who could see Dyer as a replacement for Manchester United-bound Carlos Tevez"

Dunno why Edwards thinks that when for now, Malouda is out for 6 months.

Oh, and this bit, "In turn, while Newcastle are adamant they are not interested in selling one of their star players so close to the start of the season, every player has his price and an offer of more than £8m might test their resolve."

Hahahahaaha! We should be so lucky!!!

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=i-don-8217-t-want-to-leave-8211-kieron%26method=full%26objectid=19482827%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

I don’t want to leave – Kieron

Jul 20 2007

by Luke Edwards, The Journal

SAM Allardyce will resist any attempt by West Ham United to sign Kieron Dyer after the England international assured the Newcastle manager yesterday that he does not want to leave the club.

Dyer’s future on Tyneside has been the subject of much speculation this summer, but the midfielder has told team-mates he is not thinking about a move as he gears up for the start of his ninth season at St James’s Park.

In return, Allardyce has promised the 28-year-old a pivotal role in his new-look side as he attempts to put the final touches to his squad before the close of the transfer window next season. Allardyce is still looking to sign at least four new defenders and is not interested in selling Dyer.

The Journal understands that, despite rumoured interest from West Ham, both men have been greatly impressed with each other and that any bid will be rejected.

A source close to Dyer said: “Kieron does not know anything about a move to West Ham, it is not something which concerns him at the moment. There have been stories linking him with a number of clubs this summer, but he is only thinking about Newcastle United.

“Sam Allardyce has made a very good impression and he is happy with his plans for the side. A lot has changed behind the scenes and Kieron is convinced they will have a positive impact on the team’s fortunes.

“It is that time of year when players are always being linked with moves, but Kieron expects to be a Newcastle player next season. He is not unhappy.”

A move for Dyer would appear to be highly unlikely. While things would have perhaps been different if Glenn Roeder had remained in charge, his good relationship with the new manager suggests he is willing to stay and prove his detractors wrong. Nevertheless, nothing can be ruled out in an increasingly hectic summer of transfer activity.

West Ham have been monitoring Dyer’s situation all summer, as were Tottenham Hotspur before they were put off by the player’s wage demands. Chelsea also expressed an interest if Barcelona succeeded in prising Frank Lampard away from Stamford Bridge.

The Hammers – who could see Dyer as a replacement for Manchester United-bound Carlos Tevez – would have no problem matching the player’s wage packet at St James’s Park and can also offer him the chance of a reunion with close friend Craig Bellamy.

In turn, while Newcastle are adamant they are not interested in selling one of their star players so close to the start of the season, every player has his price and an offer of more than £8m might test their resolve.

Meanwhile, new United signing Geremi has revealed that the thought of playing in front of Magpies faithful, coupled with Allardyce’s ambition, made his decision to join the club an easy one. The Cameroon international attracted interest from a number of clubs when he became available at Chelsea, but the 28-year-old was never in any doubt about where he would be playing next season.

He said: “As soon as I heard that Newcastle were interested, I did not have to think for too long. I just said yes straight away because it’s a big club with huge ambition and amazing fans.

“I have always appreciated the Newcastle fans whenever I have played at St James’s Park. It was never easy coming here to play and I am more happy to play with the fans behind me. The fans are the 12th man and when you see them, they are always there pushing you, which is good for the player.”

He added: “Sam called me and told me about the ambition of the club and said he wanted to build a good, new team and I told him I wanted to be part of that.

“It’s a big challenge for me and I hope to help the team achieve something because I know Newcastle have not won anything for a lot of years now.

“The manager will decide if I play in midfield or defence, but the most important thing is to be part of the team.”

Sam Allardyce has made a very good impression

Thye're offerring £4m apparently....Read it somewhere today.

That would be enough to have some here on their knees in front of Magnusson. Don't think Sam will be so easy though.

“The manager will decide if I play in midfield or defence, but the most important thing is to be part of the team.”

Shame it takes him till now to realise this !!

Dont think he will go, cant see WestHam offering the type of money he is on here even if they are throwing it around at the moment.

Shame it takes him till now to realise this !!

Dont think he will go, cant see WestHam offering the type of money he is on here even if they are throwing it around at the moment.

D'oh!

Guest eyeball_tickler

quite surprised he's been here for 9 years. this could be the worst testimonial turnout ever if he gets one.

im not to sure whether i want him to leave

he was shocken last season but he looked like he meant buisness at Hartlepool and would like to see him play if he could stay fit

Not bothered either way. Suppose I wouldn't mind seeing if Sam can get anything out of him. I think Dyer is very much one of those players that play well when the rest of the team is playing well. And we haven't really been playing well or with any confidence over the past few seasons, but with the new positive era at the club I honestly think Dyer could become one of our best players. And I'm willing to give him one last chance. I also think he knows this is his last real chance to do something with his career and will with any luck get his head down and give 100% consistently.

im not to sure whether i want him to leave

he was shocken last season but he looked like he meant buisness at Hartlepool and would like to see him play if he could stay fit

Sums his talent level up.

I am beginning to wonder if this is true.

Interview with Sam on SSN.... he didnt seem to be coming out with a very convincing "Dyer isnt leaving. I want him to stay at all costs". Seemed a bit more like "if you (West Ham) call this weekend, he is yours".

I reckon he is on his way

Do we really need the money? Bit concerned at what this means for the club to be honest as I think Sam would rather keep the player if he could. It might be that we have to sell Dyer to strengthen the defence.