Chronicle: £7m bid made for defender (as yet unnamed)

Guest hindu times

Plus he'll be 35 then...

He's 30 now and the next World Cup in 2010 is in 3 years...... do the math.

Born July 10, 1976.. so he will be entering his 35th year on the planet during the world cup.

Anyone have any updates on who the £7m man is ?

Riise, Lahm, Heinze, Baines, Shorey, Barzalgi, Ferdinand or Mertesacker.

First two being mentioned on skunkers.

what has been mentioned on Skunkers?

That Mort and others caught an early morning flight from Stansted to Munich today and the target is lahm

Is Lahm a better LB or RB?

Can't see why Bayern would sell him for £7m though, seems a little cheap from someone who's highly rated, German and plays for Bayern.

That Mort and others caught an early morning flight from Stansted to Munich today and the target is lahm

Can't see why Bayern would sell him for £7m though, seems a little cheap from someone who's highly rated, German and plays for Bayern.

RB

Unless they were getting a player on top. :kasper:

I'd value Lahm at around £12m.

Lahm though the mind boggles.

No idea, i'd never heard of him until 15 minutes ago.

No idea, i'd never heard of him until 15 minutes ago.

He's the kid that scored the first goal of the last World Cup, screamer into the top corner cutting in on his right foot, which I believe is one of the reasons why he plays left back. Don't know too much apart from that like.

Guest firetotheworks

Ive never seem Lahm play at right back, only at left back. Considering he's right footed he's very good at left back. Always cuts inside though, without fail.

Steve Austin

Just shows the amount of money's gone mad in the game, he's worth 6 mill tops

Lahm would be brilliant. But come on... £7m for him :lol:

But with that said, if we want to buy Lahm, now would be the time. Bayern aren't in Europe next season I think. Neither are we though... It seems like every germans dream to play for Bayern too. Plus there is a lot bigger chance to play in the CL after next season there than for us.

Seems strange that he'd be a left-back if he's right footed. Not seen him much, anyone know if his preffered position is definitely LB?

Got a decent left foot on him as well I would hope.

Be a very big coup to attract a player from Bayern though, I reckon he'd take a fair bit of convincing to come here.

Steve Austin

6 million dollars as well, apparently we're going to pay the equivalent of $14 million for him?.. crazy!

Seems strange that he'd be a left-back if he's right footed. Not seen him much, anyone know if his preffered position is definitely LB?

Be a very big coup to attract a player from Bayern though, I reckon he'd take a fair bit of convincing to come here.

He can play either side and he is two footed ish...

Weren't Bayern instersted in Emre? Seem to remember summat like that.

Maldini springs to mind Shak my darling. :)

Guest firetotheworks

Ive never seen him use it tbh. Bit like what nobby would be like at left back. Very very right footed, but at the same time can do a lot with his right foot and has a good shot on him.

He was alright, I suppose.

Ya poofta.  :razz:

He was alright, I suppose.

Ya poofta.  :razz:

Maldini has a fair left foot on him.

I always thought he was left back, not sure what footed he is (seen him use both- so both?) but from what I have seen he is very attacking, has a good cross on him and is able to get up and down the wing no bother.

Would rather Lahm than Riise tbf. Never been convinced by Riise definsively.

Steve Austin

At todays exchange rates thats only really worth £3Million though.

Guest the_guv_nor

Found in the rumours section on skysports.com:-

Newcastle will bid for Bayern Munich full-back Phillip Lahm and if their bid is unsuccessful they will go for Leighton Baines. They are also on the verge of a treble swoop of Barcelona with Deco arriving for 13.5 Million, Edmilson for 1.75 Million and Eidur Gudjohnsen for 7.5 Million. Ronaldinho is unlikely to arrive at SJP but Real Madrid Centre-Back Fabio Cannavaro may arrive on a 2 year contract for a fee of around 4 Million. Mike Ashley wants to mark his arrival at SJP with a 25 Million pound plus signing, Ronaldinho or Robinho etc...

must be true!