Chronicle: £7m bid made for defender (as yet unnamed)

Guest hindu times

Surely it is Heinze? The scousers are suppossedly have also bid 7M so we would be matching the bet & Manure would allow him to talk to us. Thing is, he doesn't seem to want to come.

wouldnt it therfore be crazy to bid for heinze as he seems to have his heart set on a move to liverpool?

Bid to nothing; also looks good that we are actually bidding on someone. I found it a bit of strange article.

Would love it to be Lahm one lad on skunkers says it is the other says its Riise

Cant see us getting either however both clubs have spent big this summer and may need to recoup money.

Would prefer Lahm out of any other LB in the world.

Would believe Albert before this Ikey fella.

ikey is just taking the piss, Albert doesn't post shite and lives in Newmarket which is of course near Stansted.

Surely it is Heinze? The scousers are suppossedly have also bid 7M so we would be matching the bet & Manure would allow him to talk to us. Thing is, he doesn't seem to want to come.

wouldnt it therfore be crazy to bid for heinze as he seems to have his heart set on a move to liverpool?

Ferguson seemed pretty clear that he didn't want him going to Merseyside.

Guest Toon83

I've got a feeling we have been struck by the "paying over the odds for players in the premiership this season curse", and it may well be that we have bid £7m for Nicky Shorey from Reading, or maybe it could be Bayern Munich and Germany full back Philip Lahm which is another rumour i've heard.

Both would be quality signings

Im pretty sure Heinze has a £6million release clause not £7million

How can Man U stop Liverpool then? aren't the club powerless if a bid matches the release clause?

The release clause is apparently higher, but Man Utd sent a letter to his agent saying they would listen to offers over £6M

Im pretty sure Heinze has a £6million release clause not £7million

I think it's bridge or baines!

Why do people keep mentioning Bridge, hes out for the start of the season, whats the point?

I don't think it is Ujfalusi, because it is one year left before his contract expires, so I think he maybe would be cheaper.

I think the whole bid-thing is bullshit, and that Alan Oliver will write that we got the bid rejected and will try other options instead soon...

Guest Bramble OG

most realistic is Baines surely?...Wigan have rejected bids of 6m so a 7m bid would maybe be acceptable, No way will we have bid 7m for a injured Bridge, Cant see it being Heinze unless his agents have told us he's intrested...

most realistic is Baines surely?...Wigan have rejected bids of 6m so a 7m bid would maybe be acceptable, No way will we have bid 7m for a injured Bridge, Cant see it being Heinze unless his agents have told us he's intrested...

Unless he wants to hike his wages up by using us ;)

Ive said all year id be very happy with Baines.

He isnt in the same league as Heinze or Bridge but he is eager to play for us and will come here hungry and ready to improve.

I dont think he is the player the article is talking about though, he is a long way from top class at the moment, but with the right guidance and players around him will be quality.

Ive said all year id be very happy with Baines.

He isnt in the same league as Heinze or Bridge but he is eager to play for us and will come here hungry and ready to improve.

I dont think he is the player the article is talking about though, he is a long way from top class at the moment, but with the right guidance and players around him will be quality.

I agree, we haven't made enough signings like this in recent years. Players on the up, in good form, who want to play for us and who will develop with the team. If we really are serious about patiently building a team we need to look at youth as well as experience.