Dyer given permission to talk to West Ham, fee agreed

iklgizmo

Article

Dyer quit fearsJul 25 2007

Evening Chronicle

Kieron Dyer may be forced to leave Newcastle United because of "family problems".

United boss Sam Allardyce, speaking at a press conference ahead of the friendly at home to Celtic tomorrow night, revealed that the England midfielder's future was in the balance.

"At this time Kieron hasn't handed in an official transfer request, but if these problems cannot be resolved we will have to let him go," he said.

The news is bound to alert West Ham, whose interest in Dyer was revealed in the Chronicle last week and who could offer the player the chance to move to a club nearer to his family home in Ipswich.

BSA saying ''we will have to let him go'' may mean that clubs will try to get him on the cheap if the know that he will deffo be going.

Anyone think of any players they would in interested in who we could get in a part exchange from either Spurs, West Ham or Man City, realistically? Defenders or midfielders.

Be worth saying to Spurs, either cough up £5m or so, or swap him for Malbranque, either way we're guarenteed something decent out of the deal.

Can't think of someone I'd really want from the other two that is realistic.

EDIT: Just thought.  Get £4-5m and go in for Alan Smith?  Play him in midfield like he did at Man Utd.  Could also play up front when Martins goes to African Nations?  He's been allowed to speak to the smogs supposedly.  Given the chance, surely he'd pick the smogs over us...

It's an idea and will have it's critics.  Opinion?

Anyone think of any players they would in interested in who we could get in a part exchange from either Spurs, West Ham or Man City, realistically? Defenders or midfielders.

Be worth saying to Spurs, either cough up £5m or so, or swap him for Malbranque, either way we're guarenteed something decent out of the deal.

Can't think of someone I'd really want from the other two that is realistic.

EDIT: Just thought.  Get £4-5m and go in for Alan Smith?  Play him in midfield like he did at Man Utd.  Could also play up front when Martins goes to African Nations?  He's been allowed to speak to the smogs supposedly.  Given the chance, surely he'd pick the smogs over us...

It's an idea and will have it's critics.  Opinion?

Yep, definitely going to have it's critics! He's w*nk.

Did he set up all three goals against Hartlepool? I saw the goals very briefly.

Dyer? Troisi set up Owen...

Aye, I meant the run though the centre of midfield prior to that.

Did he set up all three goals against Hartlepool? I saw the goals very briefly.

Dyer? Troisi set up Owen...

Trosi had a hand in two of the goals didn't he?

Anyway, glad this cunt is off. Everything that's been wrong with the club over the last few years seems to be getting flushed down the toilet.

Dyer, Carr & Babayaro, with Terry Mac & Anal are the only real issues i have left at the club, once they've gone it truly will be a new era.

Whoo, just read this and please god let it be true... Whilst I appreciate we are a little bit short on squad numbers the sooner that little useless piece of s*** is out of the club the better.

Happy to see Dyer go, ultimately.

But it's another hole in the squad as, despite his faults, he's still one of our best midfielders at present.

Agreed. It's someone else Sam has to replace, especially given Barton's injury.

For all his faults, he's our only "speedy" option in central-midfield.

(and no, that's not Freddie Shepherd code for who I think we should replace him with)

Id ask for money plus Lee young-pyo from spurs.

Dont fancy Smith at all. SWP's certainly, but depends where you class Dyer as leaving a hole in our squad.

He is one of the worst players I've ever had the misfortune of seeing live. Seriously, you're taking the piss right? Please tell me you're taking the piss  :weep:

He's never been that bad when I have watched him.

He was alot better at PSV than Spuds granted, but I didnt think he was close to being as bad as Carr or Baba. Thought he would be decent cover for either flank personally.