Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Sam never said he wasnt getting Smith today when some kid asked at the training ground

he said who told you he was coming and the kid said someone who works for nufc and SA said oh well we will see... maybe its true

How often do you go up the training ground, Kev?

once or twice a week in the holidays

why?

sad c***. tbh

Villareal have signed Rossi for an undisclosed fee.

I would have definitely preferred Rossi.

Guiseppe Rossi?

yep.

Ridiculous comment in that case then.

Rossi couldn't get a game here last season when we had hardly any strikers, how exactly would he contribute at all now that we have Viduka, Owen, Shola and possibly Luque in the fold? Not to mention Carroll if he isn't loaned out.

Smith can play a few positions and will get plenty of games so he's a worthwhile, if underwhelming, signing.

Signing Rossi would have been pointless in the extreme.

Rossi prefers attacking midfield to up front, and can play on the left.

He prefers to play off the front man.

When has he ever played out on the left?

For us versus Chelsea. Did well.

Did well as in he looked out of place but worked hard?

Saying he can play left wing is like saying Ameobi can play there tbh, it should be a last resort only.

What gets me is,how come we can find 6m for a midfielder/striker but nothing for a defender.

And according to some of todays papers,we are going to have to consider selling our best players,Martins and N'Zogbia.

Makes us sound like some shit low league club who have to sell players in order to bring some new in.

Ashley out !

Big Sam never said he wasnt getting Smith today when some kid asked at the training ground

he said who told you he was coming and the kid said someone who works for nufc and SA said oh well we will see... maybe its true

why?

sad c***. tbh

Why's that?

He's only a young un' in fairness, nowt wrong with it.

Guiseppe Rossi?

yep.

Rossi couldn't get a game here last season when we had hardly any strikers, how exactly would he contribute at all now that we have Viduka, Owen, Shola and possibly Luque in the fold? Not to mention Carroll if he isn't loaned out.

Smith can play a few positions and will get plenty of games so he's a worthwhile, if underwhelming, signing.

Saying he can play left wing is like saying Ameobi can play there tbh, it should be a last resort only.

Was the only player to get in good attacking positions, and didn't give the ball up too easily.

What gets me is,how come we can find 6m for a midfielder/striker but nothing for a defender.

And according to some of todays papers,we are going to have to consider selling our best players,Martins and N'Zogbia.

Makes us sound like some s*** low league club who have to sell players in order to bring some new in.

Ashley out !

Because he's a replacement for Dyer?

Guiseppe Rossi?

yep.

Was the only player to get in good attacking positions, and didn't give the ball up too easily.

Hardly, the whole team worked hard but nobody done anything of note, I only remember one shot from him from distance and he was in field at the time.

As I've said, to say he can play left wing after one average performance there because we were desperate is like saying Shola can play on the wing.

why?

sad c***. tbh

Why's that?

Aye, we've all done it.

why?

sad c***. tbh

Why's that?

Aye, we've all done it.

Not me!

I see the sig has gone from one extreme to the other? :lol:

If he's a direct replacement for Dyer then i will be happy. If he and Dyer leaving aren't connected then i will be worried with how Big Sam is utilising his transfer funds. Time will tell i suppose but i'm not against signing Smith.

why?

sad c***. tbh

Why's that?

Aye, we've all done it.

Not me!

I see the sig has gone from one extreme to the other? :lol:

Am not really a sig person, but its nearly time for a new season and no doubt this proper bastard is out to ruin a fair few games.

Am not really a sig person, but its nearly time for a new season and no doubt this proper b****** is out to ruin a fair few games.

Aye, God knows how he still gets to ref in the Premiership.

Must be something different about him to all the other refs, a reason for him to still be reffing in the Premiership that I'm not seeing. Seems to just escape me at the moment as to what it could be...

Am not really a sig person, but its nearly time for a new season and no doubt this proper b****** is out to ruin a fair few games.

Aye, God knows how he still gets to ref in the Premiership.

Must be something different about him to all the other refs, a reason for him to still be reffing in the Premiership that I'm not seeing. Seems to just escape me at the moment as to what it could be...

:lol:

I'm a bit confused by the double negative in what you said there.

Did he say that Smith isn't coming?

Or did he say wait and see?

wait and see

or you could say, why have rennie in your sig, when there's plenty of other refs who are incompetant morons who haven't got a clue. must be something that makes rennie stand out....

:razz:

Never seen a ref in the Premiership as consistently shit as Rennie though, he's head and shoulders above the others.

or you could say, why have rennie in your sig, when there's plenty of other refs who are incompetant morons who haven't got a clue. must be something that makes rennie stand out....

:razz:

Never seen a ref in the Premiership as consistently shit as Rennie though, he's head and shoulders above the others.

Neither have I. Considering they get paid now, he's a joke to the profession.