Newcastle 3 - 2 Everton - 07/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 16

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Alex20

We needed the three points today and we got them. Glad to see Emre on the score sheet, hopefully we'll see him back in the squad after the international break.

Fixed.

anybody watch the match? sounded like emre ran riot

anybody watch the match? sounded like emre ran riot

Not literally as he didn't do a lot of aggressive running, but he was always calm and content on the ball, slowing the hectic pace down and controlling play.

Yeah he was just what we needed going forward, even though he looked a little rusty with a few passes going astray, he looked very assured and confident and above all extremely keen to get the ball and direct play in attack.

Just what we've been missing. Good work to Sam bringing him on, our attack was floundering really, no real ball getting to our forwards that wasn't immediately sent straight back by Evertons back 4, but as soon as Emre came on we started advancing with much more purpose.

Incidentally, Given was again pretty suspect today, apart from the og looked close to getting caught on a couple of back passes, major blunder in the first half almost gifted them a goal. Showed for mine the folly of benching an in form keeper for one (only) just coming back from injury. Shay seems to be feeling the pressure.

Difference between Owen and Martins is one plays the game with his mind & body,

the other just likes to run around like a chicken whose head got cut off, running around clueless.

A headless chicken who's shit fast and has a rocket shot.

Difference between Owen and Martins is one plays the game with his mind & body,

the other just likes to run around like a chicken whose head got cut off, running around clueless.

Not really that simple. They just take it in turns to play well or be decisive.

One week the Oba haters are out the next it's the Owen ones.

Its great having Emre back, with Barton back will be a serious force IMO, we are defending the best with done in years and years all we need to do is score more goals and with Emre and Owen on we ran riot, with Barton thinks WILL get better :)

How did our full backs get on?

Couldn't really tell, but both looked fucking fast to me. Towards the end of the game, Owen played this poor ball from inside our half, fairly central, to just over the half way line. It was going to be a fifty-fifty but Enrique got to the ball before the opposing player was within five yards of him, just stopping it from going out of play aswell.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Don't get carried away boys! Keep your pants on.

We won by the grace of God.

We were largely poor throughout.

Thought we played well first half?

That's the thing though - we won.

It's not about what you can do at your best, it's what you can do at your worst.

Pretty well, Beye and Geremi seemed to link well down the right, shut down an awful lot of Everton movement there before it got going. Enrique also seemed confident defending, his passing was at times hit and miss though.

Guest JamesD

Thought we played well first half?

I wouldn't say we were poor throughout. Each team had periods when they were on top, but overall i think we were the better team.

I wonder which mod is being a mong?

Been thinking it was James myself like

It was Indi if you are talking about the Invicta thread start.

I haven't needed to do much today.

Nah someone locked the thread for ages after full time.

Geremi --- Butt --- Emre --- N'Zogbia

... for Spurs, from what i saw. Rest Milner ffs, he's doing nowt - been saying it for a while now. He's so obviously fucked.

Emre/Barton would be even better like. ;)

Guest Shibby

It's not about what you can do at your best, it's what you can do at your worst.

Which is why I'll sleep happy tonight. :)

CHEERS GUYS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Hodgson09

Emre changed the game for us from the monet he came on, Smith actually played well, but he has no place in midfield withdrawn striker yes but not midfield. N'Zogbia was quiet. Given well what has happened to him, shocking own goal it wasn't even going in the net he tapped it in, thank the surgeon for little mickey because we needed the third.

Why was Given given Harpers spot, IMO Harper didn't deserve to lose the shirt. Looking forward to Emre and Barton being in the team together.

I watched the game live on tele, and thought that 85 minutes of it was as boring as hell, the last 5 minutes were exciting though. Butts goal was class, pity about Enriques own goal it wasn't johnsons though he did put Enrique under pressure, i'm positive it came of Enrique. Givens own goal still cannot believe that, he was troubled by high balls all day nearly scored one earlier too. He just seems to be lacking any form of presence in the box. Bring back Harper.

Enrique looked f****** class all day both in defence and going forward, Beye on the other hand wasn't that good, both Everton goals came from the right flank.

To be fair the second goal was just a fluke, and Everton did a lot more running down that flank. Beye made a lot of challenges and did well I think, imagine Carr being put though such an examination!

exactly how many times have we lost while playing better than the other team.. reallly happy now, i was having a terrible day

Well, I'd hardly call it the worst performance we've had this season... but it shows you how much of a difference having a fit squad makes. (re emre and owen) Everton were for the most part, just as bad as we were.

Its great having Emre back, with Barton back will be a serious force IMO, we are defending the best with done in years and years all we need to do is score more goals and with Emre and Owen on we ran riot, with Barton thinks WILL get better :)

I must say that our backline is much more solid than previous years, but our whole team tends to 'switch' off after scoring a goal. I think Big Sam's strategy is to slow the pace of the game down after scoring a goal before building momentum up again, however our team is yet to master this as when we try to slow the pace down, we tend to get pressured into defence and go on long periods of being dominated.

We're defending much better as a team, but this all breaks down after we score a goal.

We need to work on this transision between gameflow, to be honest when we're in good flow we were the better team, but our transition was the weakness and led to us being dominated for large amounts of time. Enrique had a good game I think, it's great to see that we actually have fullbacks now, okay, he should have been on Johnson faster, and he left Anichebe wide open late in the second half, but once he gets more premierleague experience he'll be a class player. He's another ballplayer, very calm on the ball as we've seen in Rozenahl.

Guest Hodgson09

The whole back four looked like cracking like eggs once johnson came on. Enrique isn't quick Johnson must have been 15 metres behind him and caught him in like 3 seconds. Though Johnson is very quick.

Guest Hodgson09

I must have been watching a different game because Enrique didn't look class, Average really, but thats to be expected it's his first start. Fucking class is getting a bit carried away.