Newcastle 3 - 2 Everton - 07/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 16

Guest Invicta_Toon

Credit to Big Sam for making the positive changes when required (unlike previous matches), but what was all the wing switching all about? Seemed to do nowt other than fuck up the natural games of Zog and Milner.

Given 3 - Almost gave away a goal in the first-half and then scored an own goal in the second... if it was Harper in the goal today then Given would surely start the next game

Enrique 7 8 - Was impressed with him, kept Arteta calm and made some decent runs up the wing

Cacapa 8 - rock+solid

Faye 7 - Good, just kept giving way too many needless free-kicks

Beye 7

Butt 8 - Worked hard and won many balls, scored a great goal. His passing is still s***

Geremi 6

Milner 5 - was he playing?

N'Zogbia 5 - some poor delivery, at fault for their first goal.

Smith 8/6 - Great first half, battled for every ball and made some good passes. Faded in the second-half

Martins 6 - should have scored

subs

Emre 10 - on for 18 mintes, scores one and makes another one, gogo supersub

Owen 10 - Made the pass in the box that lead to the Emre's goal, scored  one

Roz N/a - no time

Guest Hodgson09

I found that strange as well Keefaz they were ineffective before and after the switch in sides. They look a bit knackered tbh.

Guest Hodgson09

8 for Enrique get real man, bloody hell he was at fault for the first goal because he scored it. If that was Baba he would have got -2, I'd give Enrique a 5 he was middle of the road average. Why do people try to big up players?

Without picking on Enrique who overall IMO did quite well, he was miles out of position chasing a player towards the right when the ball was passed to an unmarked Anichebe in acres of space at the edge of the box, should have been their 2nd if not for a great couple of blocks.

Emre made the difference in the 2nd half before that it was just long ball stuff.

Barton's return should make a difference to the team.

I found that strange as well Keefaz they were ineffective before and after the switch in sides. They look a bit knackered tbh.

I hope Sam gets asked about the Milner substitution. Seems a bit odd that he'd play the lad out of position for most of the match then sub him. Maybe he is tired.

Perhaps a move to overcome Milner's lack of pace? When Milner's on the right he always cuts in, slowing the game down and making our plays predictable. With the switch, Zoggy can still beat players down the right and Milner can naturally cut in without wasting time. Maybe that was the idea...not too sure though.

Guest Hodgson09

Faye looks a strong boy but he uses his arms a bit much, and hence gives away silly free kicks, he then looks like he will kill the Ref, looks a means bugger lol, just what we need.

Guest eyeball_tickler

"As a manager you take credit for your substitution and I will there. It was a double header for me with Emre scoring with a great goal low in the corner and Michael Owen with a terrific header."

from sam.

"As a manager you take credit for your substitution and I will there. It was a double header for me with Emre scoring with a great goal low in the corner and Michael Owen with a terrific header."

from sam.

:lol:

Guest Hodgson09

What ever the reason it didn't work, they both need a rest unfortunately they probably won't get one by playing for the under 21's

1st half was the best we have been all season by a mile, the link up play with Smith and Martins was class, Oba may not have scored but he caused them problems all the time he was on.

Faye was my MOTM!!! but really all four at the back had a great game, at least now we know though that Zoggy should not be played wide right, he really needs to work on helping out the fullback behind him.

We also need to sort out the bad starts we are having to the 2nd halfs, but all in all I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!

GOD BLESS EMRE!!

Guest JamesyJazz

Didn't get to see or hear the game,but from what I've read we played not too badly and the tactical substitutions by S.A seem to have swung the game in our favour by resulting in the decisive goal.

3 points and an uplifting win against decent opposition,onwards and upwards!

Guest Hodgson09

We were quite poor today Skirge, I know we won and you are obviously excited but best performance by a mile give me a break. The back four looked shaky, and Martins wasn't on form, Smith did play well though.

It is looking promising but we need Barton and Emre in the team because we didn't look like scoring for quite some time after the first.

Guest Hodgson09

My MOTM match would be Emre he showed more promise in 18 minutes than any other player showed in the entire 97 minutes and 14 seconds.

Guest jimmy1982

Everton are one of the toughest teams to play well against in the league and have been for last few years, this is an absolutely great result! Everton is a club that have had stability (on-field at least) for a good few seasons and their team know eachother back to front. We are still embryonic as a team and our totally new back 4 (including rookie left back) seems, from all accounts, to have done just about well enough against on of the league's highest quality playmakers and quickest strikers. Loads of improvement still to come, but I think we can be conident that it will come! Emre and Owen give us valuable options and I can't wait to see how Barton will do in a winning team.

Owen on FiveLive now

Say anything interesting??

He can't wait to play for England.

He actually said he couldnt wait to get back for his club but wants to play both England games over the break, he also said he is feeling great after his operation which is fantastic news. Good times :D