Newcastle 3 - 2 Everton - 07/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 16

Guest Invicta_Toon

Martins priovides something totally different to owen, although there both small, ther quite different players and we need to keep them both, and keep them both happy.

good point, when owen has been poor in matches Martins has came on and given us something different, and vice versa. we need to keep both rather than either/or, especially as owen is so fragile, and martins so inconsistent.

just got back, enrique was solid enough, looks hard to beat, although he had a few 'continental' moments where he wanted to much time but thats to be expected. faye was f****** class, i dont care what people say about free kicks, it was 50-50 all day and he won more of them, smith had a good game, put himself about and held the ball up well at times, most importantly, if owen is fit, owen plays, i'm a fan of martins but i'm sorry like, they are worlds apart in quality, owen created more in 15 minutes than oba did in 75, his build up play is superb and i just cant understand people who say anything else, i can only comment on what i see on the pitch and consistently that is owen finding good positions, keeping the ball and finding an opponent, f*** the haters

Its been the total opposite the last few games though, Owen had been s*** all game then oba came on and set up winners and scored goals, but i don't agree with the statement as oba was dangerous today.

As for Owen today he was ok but he made no effort to run had sokme dodgy touches etc, he is good but his intentions are questionnable, for me it was all emre when he came on. But oba was a danger all game, and they didn't really have much of an answer to his pace, (what was with the booing when he came off???)

no effort to run? what on earth does that mean? are you suggesting that he never moved quicker than a walking pace? what about when he chased hard into the corner to prevent a goal kick, doesnt that count? his movement looked great to me, he'd only been on 2 minutes before he'd slotted a lovely ball in for milner on the left and linked up well with emre and put him through on goal. and martins, a danger, you reckon? in my book a bloke that misses three 1 on 1's in 3 games is anything but a danger, as i've already said i'm a fan of martins but as an all round player he's nowhere near owen.

He was jogging around for alot of the time doesn't harry very much, yeah he's missed three one one ones, i think a player that can get into those situations at any level as many times as Martins does is classed as a danger, how could it not be?

Also i was massively impressed by Lescott today an absolute jugernaught, he was absolutely birlliant for everton, he is alot like Faye just alot more subtle about his holding and shirt pulling.

Just watched the game. Thought Faye looked great, and some of his conceded free-kicks seemed harsh to me.

Enrique impressed me as well, looked strong and a proper defender.

Emre was a handful, lovely touches, wonderful goal and a brilliant free-kick to set Owen up.

Martins is hit and miss, we know this, today he was mostly miss.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

The way Faye picked up Owen like he was a little kid after he scored was funny :lol:

Aye, well done Faye. Put your octo-arms round his stomach - that he's just had operated on - and hoist him up.

;D

Just watched the game. Thought Faye looked great, and some of his conceded free-kicks seemed harsh to me.

Enrique impressed me as well, looked strong and a proper defender.

Emre was a handful, lovely touches, wonderful goal and a brilliant free-kick to set Owen up.

Martins is hit and miss, we know this, today he was mostly miss.

where did you watch the game???cant find it.

please help

On TV.

Don't know why people can't get their heads round the idea that it's not Owen v Martins at Newcastle. They are both here and doing a good job when available. Owen is world calss but he's not fit for large parts of the season, and while Martins isn't as clinical, he opens teams up with his pace and running. Oh, and he does score a few goals as well despite all his 'faults'.

Guest jimmy1982

Don't know why people can't get their heads round the idea that it's not Owen v Martins at Newcastle. They are both here and doing a good job when available. Owen is world calss but he's not fit for large parts of the season, and while Martins isn't as clinical, he opens teams up with his pace and running. Oh, and he does score a few goals as well despite all his 'faults'.

this town ain't big enough for the both of em...

The Everton fans were s*** today, ours were too but you expect that from home fans, the Everton lot didn't make any noise until they scored and were even quiet when it was 0-0, as soon as Emre scored they all left. Worst fans we've had at SJP this season.

Yup, they were fucking terrible.

Guest mobiius

^Martins won most aerial balls today, and did well when we played to his feet as well. everton generally stood off martins as they knew Smith didn't have the pace to benefit from Martins' knock-ons or through passes. i thought the pair of them were the main creative force in the 1st half, most of our attacking play coming from those two having a good understanding, holding it up well and bringing others into the game. 2nd half both of them faded out of the game and we needed owen and emre to bring a fresh impetus to the side. he should've scored today but that's the part of his game i'd criticise today, the lack of finesse in his game, rather than his general play which was good.

I think that is exactly why Martins and Owen should be given a go together. I wish Allardyce would see this. He is better in the air than he is given credit for. He has the pace, and Owen has the footballing brain and gets into the right places. I'd love to see it.

agree totally. i think that by playing them together, oba would learn a hell of a lot from owen, if oba was as clinical as owenthen i think he would be good for 20+ a season.

Loved the Emre chant at the game today 'Emre Emre Emre Emre, Emre Emre, Emre Emre Emre Emre, Emre Emre'

* To the 'ole ole ole ole' tune.

Should do it the same way Manure sing "ROONEY, ROONEY, ROONEY"

Guest Jungle Barry

just got back, enrique was solid enough, looks hard to beat, although he had a few 'continental' moments where he wanted to much time but thats to be expected. faye was f****** class, i dont care what people say about free kicks, it was 50-50 all day and he won more of them, smith had a good game, put himself about and held the ball up well at times, most importantly, if owen is fit, owen plays, i'm a fan of martins but i'm sorry like, they are worlds apart in quality, owen created more in 15 minutes than oba did in 75, his build up play is superb and i just cant understand people who say anything else, i can only comment on what i see on the pitch and consistently that is owen finding good positions, keeping the ball and finding an opponent, f*** the haters

Its been the total opposite the last few games though, Owen had been s*** all game then oba came on and set up winners and scored goals, but i don't agree with the statement as oba was dangerous today.

As for Owen today he was ok but he made no effort to run had sokme dodgy touches etc, he is good but his intentions are questionnable, for me it was all emre when he came on. But oba was a danger all game, and they didn't really have much of an answer to his pace, (what was with the booing when he came off???)

That's a bizarre statement really. Dodgy touches??? You must be some player. I thought oba was decent today but owen is/was on a different plane. He looks a 17m pound player and i'm for one is pleased he's here.

Enrique was excellent today, very impressive.

Yet some think he didn't have a good game, I also thought he had an excellent game.  The only thing he did wrong was probably miss a couple of passes, not bad as he had as much of the ball as anybody.

He had a good game today, especially as nearly all of their attacks went through Arteta, a few sloppy passes and he wanted too much time on the ball on occasions but nothing to worry about, his link up play with N'Zogbia was good too.

Loved the Emre chant at the game today 'Emre Emre Emre Emre, Emre Emre, Emre Emre Emre Emre, Emre Emre'

* To the 'ole ole ole ole' tune.

Should do it the same way Manure sing "ROONEY, ROONEY, ROONEY"

The best one is the "Emre....Emre, de le le le le" to the Stingray theme tune :lol: