Newcastle 3 - 2 Everton - 07/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 16

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Synthespian

Enrique? 

I thought he looked fantastic for what he did.

Was alert.  And covered when he needed to as well.

Oh, Oba, what was with that first miss!  Shows he's under pressure and that's having its effect.

Nicky Butt was almost off the pitch a few times.

Emre - sublime goal.

Smith - played so well up front that it should hopefully stop Sam playing him in midfield! :p

just got back, enrique was solid enough, looks hard to beat, although he had a few 'continental' moments where he wanted to much time but thats to be expected. faye was f****** class, i dont care what people say about free kicks, it was 50-50 all day and he won more of them, smith had a good game, put himself about and held the ball up well at times, most importantly, if owen is fit, owen plays, i'm a fan of martins but i'm sorry like, they are worlds apart in quality, owen created more in 15 minutes than oba did in 75, his build up play is superb and i just cant understand people who say anything else, i can only comment on what i see on the pitch and consistently that is owen finding good positions, keeping the ball and finding an opponent, f*** the haters

Its been the total opposite the last few games though, Owen had been s*** all game then oba came on and set up winners and scored goals, but i don't agree with the statement as oba was dangerous today.

As for Owen today he was ok but he made no effort to run had sokme dodgy touches etc, he is good but his intentions are questionnable, for me it was all emre when he came on. But oba was a danger all game, and they didn't really have much of an answer to his pace, (what was with the booing when he came off???)

That's a bizarre statement really. Dodgy touches??? You must be some player. I thought oba was decent today but owen is/was on a different plane. He looks a 17m pound player and i'm for one is pleased he's here.

yep, unfortunately this sort of attitude towards owen is becoming rampant among our fans, its just blind criticism and from what i can tell it has very little to do with what actually happens on the pitch. i'll repeat, i'm a fan of martins, and no i dont think its about owen vs martins, but lets face it sam's not gonna play them together and for me of the two owen has to play when fit, martins as a super sub

Aye, I had bought me mate ticket on me card last week, I was picking it up for him. You see me, obviously?  :thup:

Baggio was going to shout of you but thought better of shouting Pegasus.

I recognised your tattoo on your forearm first but I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before, it wasn't until I'd gone on down the road that I remembered where I'd seen it previously.

Ah right  :thup: :thup:

Nick, you didnt seat in my seat today and say ' this seat is fucking class' like you normally do, it was becoming a good luck ritual!

Anyone think that the hulkamania ear cupping gesture from Owen was in response to the boo's which may or not have been  directed at him?

Smith was class today up front as a supporting striker in terms of his linkup play. Thought hed be a shit signing, but im happy to eat my words - this has been the second game in a row where hes looked very bright in attacking areas. Dont think hes going to score many goals even as a forward, but if others around him are doing the business in that particular category, then it really doesnt matter, because his one-touch-passing and intelligence in his linkup play is arguably considerably better than that of Viduka's, Owen's or Martins'.

If were playing a 4-4-2, from what weve seen thus far, it should be Smith + other up front (until Martins improves his basic play anyway), especially once Barton and Emre get fully fit, simply because were going to be playing better possession football with a frontman who is capable of recieving the ball comfortably and consistently finding a teamate. Viduka has had some good moments for us up front, but the rest of the time hes been chasing shadows, fouling defenders, and having a tug-of-war competition with his marker, which ultimately results in us wasting possession or doing little with it.

Hes shit in comparison, and maybe its too early to call, but Smith could possibly be the closest thing to a Beardsley replacement weve had since Pedro was sold to Bolton - that link between the midfield and attack, someone bright enough and capable enough to consistently play other players in when in good attacking positions. Needs more games in that position at the very least.

Just his general demeanor. He's all furrowed brow and defensive, like he's got a cob on.

He was getting all arsey with the interviewer after the Wigan game about what 'Match fit' is supposed to mean.

This time, he says how this should show how committed he was to the club, but in an antagonistic way, as if to say "Was that good enough for you, you ungrateful bastards."

His 'celebration' after the goal was a bit ominous. We've give him his excuse to fuck off without any guilt now.

Just his general demeanor. He's all furrowed brow and defensive, like he's got a cob on.

He was getting all Darsey with the interviewer after the Wigan game about what 'Match fit' is supposed to mean.

This time, he says how this should show how committed he was to the club, but in an atagonistic way, as if to say "Was that good enough for you, you ungrateful bastards."

"No, it came off your shoulder." :laugh:

He was getting all Darsey with the interviewer after the Wigan game about what 'Match fit' is supposed to mean.

This time, he says how this should show how committed he was to the club, but in an atagonistic way, as if to say "Was that good enough for you, you ungrateful bastards."

To be fair to Owen, he does get a lot of shit from people although he did seem to be saying what he thought people wanted to hear.

8 for Enrique get real man, bloody hell he was at fault for the first goal because he scored it. If that was Baba he would have got -2, I'd give Enrique a 5 he was middle of the road average. Why do people try to big up players?

Bollocks. How the fuck was he at fault for the first goal? :lol: Because he might have got a touch on a goal that Johnson would have 100% scored anyway?

Enrique was our best player today. Not sure what game you were watching.

Guest optimistic nit

saw football first. butts finish was sublime and emre's strike superb. very embarrassed by the booing of oba whenhe can off though.even if he was poor today. just shows how fairweather we are i suppose.

enrique looked very solid from the highlights, smith looked good, oba was poor, faye was very good, cacapa less so, i have been less than impressed with him so far, but i have the feeling he'll shine in the second half of the season in a big way. given was very dodgy, but i'll put that down to an off day. our cm pairing looked a bit shaky, the zog seems to get better with every game.

I find it very very hard to believe the booing was for Oba. I haven't got a clue who or what it was for though.

Thought it might be the Everton fans booing either Owen or Emre, but it did seem to be for Oba, perhaps the decision to bring him off, but that didn't seem to make sense either when you're replacing him with Michael Owen. Very odd.

If anyone did boo Obafemi Martins for today's performance (he didn't even play badly ffs), I wouldn't let them back in the ground tbh.