Newcastle 3 - 2 Everton - 07/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 16

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest eyeball_tickler

sell owen asap. hope he breaks his leg etc etc.

by my estimation, his goals have got us 6 points so far. thats 6 points out of 14.

Guest Hodgson09

Well Martins should have done better for his first attempt, he could have made it round the keeper. Did well to get into the position though.

Guest Chris P

by my estimation, his goals have got us 6 points so far. thats 6 points out of 14.

your an f..ing goon :rant:

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Great game today I thought.  So relieving when we scored the 2nd and 3rd goals.  Emre looked canny when he came on, brought something different to the party, and obviously scored the goal of the game.  Thought Nicky Butt was again superb, as was Abdolououaeuou (sp) Faye.

Just seen the goals - absolute cracker from Emre!

Two poor goals to concede though, the 2nd one was extremely bizarre you'd have expected Given to deal with that.

except it was he third time he cocked up massively this afternoon

Just seen the goals - absolute cracker from Emre!

Two poor goals to concede though, the 2nd one was extremely bizarre you'd have expected Given to deal with that.

except it was he third time he cocked up massively this afternoon

GET HIM OUT

ROBINSON IN !!

Winning having played poor and been dominated. Fantastic. We're f****** difficult to beat at home - which was one of Sam's chief aims.

Result.

I don't think we were dominated at all and could have had at least a couple before Butt scored.

Guest eyeball_tickler

your an f..ing goon :rant:

im only offended by the horrific grammar.

ps. what did i say?

I found that strange as well Keefaz they were ineffective before and after the switch in sides. They look a bit knackered tbh.

I hope Sam gets asked about the Milner substitution. Seems a bit odd that he'd play the lad out of position for most of the match then sub him. Maybe he is tired.

Shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place. Played like he wasn't. Faye was MoM. Cacapa's challenge on Anichebe (iirc) was the turning point. Superb.

Given - Bizarre performance. Looked partly at fault for first goal, completely at fault for second. Did he attempt to save a clearance away from his line, or did I dream that? Wont believe it until I see MOTD.

Faye was a colossus in the air, but he's not so good with the ball at his feet.

Wasted numerous crosses and free-kicks, then Emre comes on and makes it look simple.

Enrique impressive, Beye suspect.

Cacapa, cool as.

Milner anonymous. N'Zogbia not much better.

Butt's passing not as accurate as his shooting, his tackling not often as timely as his goal. Lucky to stay on the field.

Smith looked better in the middle, and better using the ball rather than chasing it. Created umpteen chances in the first 20 minutes.

Martins dangerous but wasteful.

Wasted numerous crosses and free-kicks, then Emre makes it look simple.

Also witnessed the world's shortest throw in.

I found that strange as well Keefaz they were ineffective before and after the switch in sides. They look a bit knackered tbh.

I hope Sam gets asked about the Milner substitution. Seems a bit odd that he'd play the lad out of position for most of the match then sub him. Maybe he is tired.

Shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place. Played like he wasn't. Faye was MoM. Cacapa's challenge on Anichebe (iirc) was the turning point. Superb.

Faye wasn't man of the match, he must have gave away half of our free kicks for his constant use of his arms, the bloke was like an octopus, I agree with Cacapa getting it, he didn't put a foot wrong.

just got back, enrique was solid enough, looks hard to beat, although he had a few 'continental' moments where he wanted to much time but thats to be expected. faye was fucking class, i dont care what people say about free kicks, it was 50-50 all day and he won more of them, smith had a good game, put himself about and held the ball up well at times, most importantly, if owen is fit, owen plays, i'm a fan of martins but i'm sorry like, they are worlds apart in quality, owen created more in 15 minutes than oba did in 75, his build up play is superb and i just cant understand people who say anything else, i can only comment on what i see on the pitch and consistently that is owen finding good positions, keeping the ball and finding an opponent, fuck the haters

Given - Bizarre performance. Looked partly at fault for first goal, completely at fault for second. Did he attempt to save a clearance away from his line, or did I dream that? Wont believe it until I see MOTD.

Faye was a colossus in the air, but he's not so good with the ball at his feet.

Wasted numerous crosses and free-kicks, then Emre comes on and makes it look simple.

Enrique impressive, Beye suspect.

Cacapa, cool as.

Milner anonymous. N'Zogbia not much better.

Butt's passing not as accurate as his shooting, his tackling not often as timely as his goal. Lucky to stay on the field.

Smith looked better in the middle, and better using the ball rather than chasing it. Created umpteen chances in the first 20 minutes.

Martins dangerous but wasteful.

Wasted numerous crosses and free-kicks, then Emre makes it look simple.

Also witnessed the world's shortest throw in.

Given could have cost us a goal as early as the third minute when he appeared to drop the ball in his 5 yard box, he flapped at the first goal and God knows what he was doing for the 2nd.

Faye was good in the air but his jumping technique looked weird, I think he ended up on the ground after winning most balls in the air.  His holding of players gave away far too many free kicks, he was actually getting whistled for nothing at times because the ref expected him to be holding.

I agree about Enrique, I thought he defended well for most of the game and only made a couple of mistakes and that was poor passing.

Capaca was my man of the match, that tackle when covering Enrique was a match winner, he worked really well today.  I thought we had 4 good defenders playing today, they just need to learn to play as a unit and make some improvements individually and they could become a very good defence, Beye was out of position a couple of times but he still did some good stuff, Faye must keep his hands off the opposition.

Agreed about Butt, he could have been off minutes before scoring for a late tackle which just missed taking out one of the Everton players, his passing was terrible but the goal made up for that.

I agree about Smith having a good 20 minutes but thought he was the one who should have come off instead of Martins as he was offering nothing and on the rare occasion when he managed to get the ball after the first 20 minutes lost it.  It's no good winning the ball if it goes straight back to the opposition and that's what happened today as our players hadn't a clue where to go to pick up the 2nd ball.

I also agree with the last two lines.

How many freekicks did Faye give away because I didn't think he gave away that many at all, the only one that springs to mind was in the first half which was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I thought he was excellent.

How many freekicks did Faye give away because I didn't think he gave away that many at all, the only one that springs to mind was in the first half which was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I thought he was excellent.

yep