Mark Delaney retires

Alberto2005

So who is this Swiss player meant to be then?

Who would you like him to be?

Swisstoni

Bingo, that's him. Just saw him trying to strike a deal at Fenwicks chocolate counter.

He was just on SSN telling the reporter how "Signing for Newcastle is.. very much like making love to a beautiful woman".

So who is this Swiss player meant to be then?

Who would you like him to be?

Swisstoni

Bingo, that's him. Just saw him trying to strike a deal at Fenwicks chocolate counter.

He was just on SSN telling the reporter how "Signing for Newcastle is.. very much like making love to a beautiful woman".

"You get over-excited and the sense of disappointment is embarrasing"

?

Just a thought, perhaps Roddy MacDonald arranged for Delaney to be sent down here to provide the player with a second opinion before deciding whether or not to continue playing.

Don't do it again.

Just a thought, perhaps Roddy MacDonald arranged for Delaney to be sent down here to provide the player with a second opinion before deciding whether or not to continue playing.

Don't do it again.

I was going to say earlier, before I got distracted by something, that this wasn't the daftest thing I've heard T27 say.

Makes sense to me, at least. Except the "sent down here" bit, from Birmingham. Unless he took the long route.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnson293

Not given a squad number at Villa, and MON said on Friday that there was news re Delaney, but it was best to come from the player himself.

Which suggests he is going to retire.

Breaking news on SSN - Delaney has indeed announced his retirement.