Mark Delaney retires

Alberto2005

Guest firetotheworks

About on a par with Hughes & Griffin. We're past that stage now surely.

This is way, way off the mark, he is an infinitely better player than Aaron Hughes.

But that doesn't matter, he can be Ronaldinho for all the difference it makes if he is never, ever fit.

I think they meant the newcastle era Hughes, but I get what you mean.

This is way, way off the mark, he is an infinitely better player than Aaron Hughes.

But that doesn't matter, he can be Ronaldinho for all the difference it makes if he is never, ever fit.

He's better than any era Aaron Hughes. When fit

;)

Guest David Kelly

Surprised to hear someone saying this.  I always got the impression he was just shite.  Never watched much of Villa in recent years though tbf.

Guest Guinness

If there actually is any truth in this rumour at all I'd prefer it if we looked at Trabelsi instead. Like Delaney he's injured a lot, but when fit is a class player and perhaps could be back up on a pay as you play deal.

I have to say, even though Delaney is a free agent, if this move went through, I would be genuinely astonished, for two reasons.

Firstly, we haven't got a RB at the club. So, if we're letting Delaney go and not getting him ona longer contract, then that suggests that he is properly fucked.

Secondly, if you are taking him, that suggests he is not properly fucked. But if that is the case, why are Villa letting him go when we have no RB at all?

I have to say, even though Delaney is a free agent, if this move went through, I would be genuinely astonished, for two reasons.

Firstly, we haven't got a RB at the club. So, if we're letting Delaney go and not getting him ona longer contract, then that suggests that he is properly f*****.

Secondly, if you are taking him, that suggests he is not properly f*****. But if that is the case, why are Villa letting him go when we have no RB at all?

The obvious answer is that O'Neill has someone lined up to replace him.

He's out of contract isn't he so he's free to do as he likes.

Indeed, but if there were any chance he'd recover, we'd have offered him a longer contract. We still need a new RB, but we also need cover. If Delaney is fit and leaves, we still need 2 RBs.

I can't believe he has two lined up.

He's better than any era Aaron Hughes. When fit

;)

Think thats a bit harsh on Hughes. As a Northern Ireland supporter i prob tend to notice his performances from a more bias few but at international level, his performances are usually great. And we haven't been playing too badly lately!

His injuries have all been knee related and he has seen Dicky Steadman and has been recovering from his operation. Hopefully Steadman has sorted him out. Worth a punt and a long medical IMO (Villa fans rate him!)

Firstly, we haven't got a RB at the club. So, if we're letting Delaney go and not getting him ona longer contract, then that suggests that he is properly f*****.

Secondly, if you are taking him, that suggests he is not properly f*****. But if that is the case, why are Villa letting him go when we have no RB at all?

There are two possible answers to the second question:-

1 - You've already got someone to replace him

2 - You aren't letting him go, he just chose to go

He's out of contract isn't he so he's free to do as he likes.

Indeed, but if there were any chance he'd recover, we'd have offered him a longer contract.

How do you know you haven't though?  He may want a fresh start at another club..

You'll be getting Carr!