Newcastle 1 - 0 Sampdoria (friendly) - post match reaction from page 24

NSG

Guest 22bnw

Am I alone thinking Martins should've had that penalty? Regardless of it being accidental or not, the keeper did clip his heel, which caused him to stumble - at least that's my take on it.

Yep should have been a penalty

Guest Johan

Butt - Geremi - Smith looked like a good central midfield. Add Barton, Emre and maybe Dyer to that and we are well covered in that department.

Guest 22bnw

Butt - Geremi - Smith looked like a good central midfield. Add Barton, Emre and maybe Dyer to that and we are well covered in that department.

Then add Enrique, Cacapa and Dragu and we're well on the way  :laugh:

Guest prestonj1989

Am I alone thinking Martins should've had that penalty? Regardless of it being accidental or not, the keeper did clip his heel, which caused him to stumble - at least that's my take on it.

I thought it was a blatant penalty. Beresford doesnt know what he is on about.

Guest Johan

Then add Enrique, Cacapa and Dragu and we're well on the way  :laugh:

Yup, things are looking really really good and you just have to love it:)

I thought it was a blatant penalty. Beresford doesnt know what he is on about.

The contact was minimal at best, Martins tripped himself.

Guest Guinness

Glad Smith settled in nicely, good to see him get a goal on his debut, hopefully we'll be seeing many more in competitive games.

Assuming the match is on the Internet, what could and couldn´t I say Dave?

It's not on the internet. And you can't say anything. Is it really that hard to understand?

How do you know it´s not on the Internet?

For fucks sake man, what part of 'no discussion' don't you get?

Moody Dave back again! Chill out mate! 

What DID Smith say, then?

Just that he'd had little pre-season games so it was good to get 90mins, willing to play anywhere for us though obviously he prefers being up front.

Im am delighted with our squad now, whatever formation, whatever system we seem to have plenty of quality options in every position. More optimistic about the new season now than I can remember for years.

Another clean sheet is good news, Rose played well again, Smith looked very bright, Geremi looks as though he will be a great player for us, I thought Martins showed great dedication to be played out of position and put in the effort he did today.

Looks like Luque is in a huff again though, fkd off straight after the match, passed us as we were walking through the car park, shirt in hand face like an arse, went to his car and then fkd off up Barrick road.