Newcastle 1 - 0 Sampdoria (friendly) - post match reaction from page 24

NSG

TBF we looked quite good with a front three. Normally i wince at the idea but it seemed quite fluid and with Geremi and Butt protecting the back four it was solid too.

I know its only a few friendlies but Geremi has been superb, His 1st touch, Passing and vision has impressed me. Next to Butt (who was also very good today) they have been very solid and when Barton and Emre comes back we will have 4 very good CM players.

Guest LucaAltieri

Looks like Luque is in a huff again though, fkd off straight after the match, passed us as we were walking through the car park, shirt in hand face like an arse, went to his car and then fkd off up Barrick road.

Dont blame him to be honest.

What DID Smith say, then?

Just that he'd had little pre-season games so it was good to get 90mins, willing to play anywhere for us though obviously he prefers being up front.

Think he thought Sir Les was trying it on with him aswell. Definitely wanted to know if the rumours about Oba "Tripod" Martins were true aswell, couldn't wait to get into the shower!

Another clean sheet is good news, Rose played well again, Smith looked very bright, Geremi looks as though he will be a great player for us, I thought Martins showed great dedication to be played out of position and put in the effort he did today.

Looks like Luque is in a huff again though, fkd off straight after the match, passed us as we were walking through the car park, shirt in hand face like an arse, went to his car and then fkd off up Barrick road.

Was impressed by Rozza, although Taylor needs to work on his positioning a bit more!

Still clean sheet, and still Cacapa and Enrique to come in!

I really hope we get Drago though! Would love to see how he deals with Ronaldo and his boring stepover routines!

For them to take him off with only 7 mins to go in the 1st half does not look good. :(

It was precautionary. He was hardly f****** stretchered off.

:lol:

Still not good news!!!

But on a brighter note did anyone notice Enrique?  he was on the pitch infront of the tunnel getting his photo taken before KO.

Stop having a go at Skirge you bastards.

I can take it, its only part time fkn TV watchers.

:D

what was the attendance?

Thought it would be about that to be honest.

Only season I've stayed at home (apart from the Carlise game). Too many charvers at these friendlies to enjoy them.

I knew i would get some smart arse haha.

Couldn't work out if was just using that in place of his headset. If not it would be reasonable to assume he was doing other deals.

Couldn't see him making a personal phone call while mort was next to him.

IIRC he said at the talk in that when sat in the stand he constantly calls the bench and his other staff. No reason to think he's not working on deals at the same time though if necessary.