José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Enjoy what we get off him for these last few months.

Obviously gone in the summer, but I love the guy and need to make the most of him. It's gonna be a shock when we have some shitty left back like Konchesky, and not our brilliant Jose.

He'll be sold in the summer.

Thanks. For. That.

No problem.

I'm guessing that is just your opinion?

What else would it be? Foresight?!

Just the way it was so blunt as if you knew it was going to be taking place, wasn't sure if you heard something or just opinion.

Apologies. I think we all know that it almost certainly will happen. However, qualification for Europe and investment into the squad (without further sales) are some things that may keep him here, in my opinion.

I could tell his body language is rather poor right now.  Selling AC and the talk of Man Utd and other large clubs will no doubt have him looking elsewhere. 

Patrick Van Aanholt please if we do have to sell Jose. 

Won't be good enough to be first choice LB. Should be looking at someone like Paulo De Ceglie of Juventus, in my opinion.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Jose under a progressive regime would stay I have no doubt about that.

His body language has changed. At blues on tuesday his claps were half hearted as were his celebrations. I have never seen him argue with jonas as much either.

If we show ambition early in the window he may sign on. If not he is gone and I wouldn't begrudge it!

What about just last Sunday against Blackburn? He was Man of the Match by a million millions and produced one of the best Left Back displays we've seen in a Black and White shirt...was this Enrique looking unhappy? half hearted?

Playing well is in HIS interests as well!

Ran it through my Miami Spanglish translator:

How would you analyze the season that Newcastle is having?

The Premier League is tight and is difficult to place towards the top of the table. We have won several important games and are now ninth. Our position is good and the next two games we play in St. James Park. With three more games we will be safe, which is the main objective.

Do you think this team can get into the Europa League?

You never know but it is very difficult. That was the first goal of the season, but the reality is different. Today it is very difficult to get into the Europa League. The playing squad has been left short with the lossess we've had.

Do you think losing Andy Carroll to Liverpool will affect the team's progress?

Yes, but not only because of Carroll. He was a great striker for us, won all the aerial balls and was a key player for Newcastle. But other players are gone and we have a small squad. There are colleagues who made their debut in the Premiership this year and we have positions that have no back up. We all know that we have a small squad and if we want to play with "top" teams ... If we have any injuries to an important player, we will have problems. They have promised me that all of the Carroll money will be used to sign players. I hope that's the way it will be.

Speaking of Liverpool, the 'reds' have looked at you for next season ...

I have read in English newspapers that teams like Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa want me and that is flattering. They are big teams in England. Right now I'm happy at Newcastle but I do not close the door to anything. I love the fans here and the city. I have suffered with the team, with the relegation two years ago and have to be realistic. Newcastle is not acting right, they have made promises they have not kept and I am ambitious. I want to play in the Champions League, major competitions and to go to the Spanish team.

You have 16 months to complete your contract, Do you intend to stay in Newcastle?

I've always said I'm fine in this team. It is true that they have promised things and have not followed through. Like any player, I want to win titles not just stay up. I want to say to my children in the future I've played the Champions League or for the Spanish team. I am ambitious and I do not close the doors to anything.

Little by little, you are knocking on the door of the National Team, are you able to make the jump to "La Roja"?

I absolutely have the illusion of debuting for the senior national team. I work to get the chance someday. I want to be prepared to do well with La Roja. Right now it is complicated because they are staying with the team from the World Cup. That's fair. But I'm ready to jump in and have a good performance. I am one who thinks that through hard work, everything comes.

Some of you people are emotionally unbalanced. These comments mean very little other than Jose Enrique is a footballer who aspires to win medals. Like every other footballer.

Come the Summer anything could happen. We could have a great end to the season and show some ambition in the transfer market, which could make him consider a few more years at SJP, or, yes, he COULD be sold. We'll have to wait and see.

This isn't even remotely close to being as cut and dry as people make out.

Chillax.

I have read in English newspapers that teams like Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa want me and that is flattering. They are big teams in England. Right now I'm happy at Newcastle but I do not close the door to anything. I love the fans here and the city. I have suffered with the team, with the relegation two years ago and have to be realistic. Newcastle is not acting right, they have made promises they have not kept and I am ambitious. I want to play in the Champions League, major competitions and to go to the Spanish team.

You have 16 months to complete your contract, Do you intend to stay in Newcastle?

I've always said I'm fine in this team. It is true that they have promised things and have not followed through. Like any player, I want to win titles not just stay up. I want to say to my children in the future I've played the Champions League or for the Spanish team. I am ambitious and I do not close the doors to anything.

Source please, important points here ...

Guest palnese

Ran it through my Miami Spanglish translator:

Source please, important points here ...

http://www.marca.com/2011/02/17/futbol/futbol_internacional/premier_league/1297928544.html

I'm pretty sure that the failure to break into the national squad will have a big bearing on Enrique's future. Players in England tend to get ignored unless they are playing CL football so if Ma U or Liverpool are interested that will be a big lure. Can't see Villa being in the race though, just because they are interested doesn't mean he wants to go there. How we end the season and how we spend the Carroll money will be the deciding factor in keeping him here.

Some of you people are emotionally unbalanced. These comments mean very little other than Jose Enrique is a footballer who aspires to win medals. Like every other footballer.

Come the Summer anything could happen. We could have a great end to the season and show some ambition in the transfer market, which could make him consider a few more years at SJP, or, yes, he COULD be sold. We'll have to wait and see.

This isn't even remotely close to being as cut and dry as people make out.

Chillax.

:clap:

I wonder how it would affect him if he was called up before the end of the season. Would he be convinced that he can stay here and get recognition, or would a taste of it (and possible influence from others in the Spanish camp) make him want to move upwards even more strongly than before?

I wonder how it would affect him if he was called up before the end of the season. Would he be convinced that he  can stay here and get recognition, or would a taste of it (and influence from others in the Spanish camp) make him want to move upwards even more strongly than before?

Interesting point, not sure the Spain thing is even that important for him yet. They have an amazing squad and he's still young.

I guess trophies with his club side might be more the issue, for some reason every decent footballer seems to believe they should be playing for a top 4 team. N'Zogbia and Bernard have both recently proved that that doesn't always happen.

Not saying Enrique will be like them obviously, he's clearly the best LB outside Chelsea.

I wonder how it would affect him if he was called up before the end of the season. Would he be convinced that he  can stay here and get recognition, or would a taste of it (and influence from others in the Spanish camp) make him want to move upwards even more strongly than before?

I think the Spanish camp would influence him. Just look at Fabregas saga with Barcelona players publicly saying he belongs with them.

I wonder how it would affect him if he was called up before the end of the season. Would he be convinced that he  can stay here and get recognition, or would a taste of it (and influence from others in the Spanish camp) make him want to move upwards even more strongly than before?

Interesting point, not sure the Spain thing is even that important for him yet. They have an amazing squad and he's still young.

I guess trophies with his club side might be more the issue, for some reason every decent footballer seems to believe they should be playing for a top 4 team. N'Zogbia and Bernard have both recently proved that that doesn't always happen.

Not saying Enrique will be like them obviously, he's clearly the best LB outside Chelsea.

Baines, tbh.

I wonder how it would affect him if he was called up before the end of the season. Would he be convinced that he can stay here and get recognition, or would a taste of it (and possible influence from others in the Spanish camp) make him want to move upwards even more strongly than before?

Like any player of ability Enrique will have ambitions, both personal and with his club. He's been one of the best settled foreign players we've ever had here and if we finished the season fighting for Europe, showed our intent in the transfer market and gave him a contract close to what he could get elsewhere I think he'd want to stay. The only thing we can't do is get his national team to give him a cap, but we could give him hope that next season we'll be a team the rest of Europe can't ignore.

I wonder if given the choice Man U would go for Baines ahead of Enrique? Baines is fantastic going forward but I would hold that Enrique is the better defender and not far behind in getting forward either.