José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I want to know why Enrique shouldn't stay with us. Show some loyalty Enrique nevermind telling the truth, who's he going to go to that are actually better then us? Liverpool seem to be the only ones and their little bubble has already started to burst with the Wigan match. Stay put Enrique we're a young squad  beating teams like Villa 6-0.

There's a lot of truth to this, we have a lot of potential to improve and push on. The trick is convincing him that we will, and part of that is investing in the right players in the summer.

So we should let Jonas & Colo pick the team, why have a manager? Can't remember Rob Lee wanting away and thinking the club was beneath him.

Has Enrique said that the club is beneath him?

If you told your lass 'I aspire to more' than her, you think you'd have a head left on your body?

I can't see how dropping him will do anything for our prospects at all. He won't sign, and squad morale will be negatively affected.

How will it put anyone but him on a downer? If anythIng it'll boost that of a young player replacIng him and give them some

Prem experience. His performances have dropped anyway

Why on Earth would you want to put him on a "downer"?

And have they? He's been outstanding in our last two games.

I don't want him on a downer but Dave reckons the morale would drop for the team, i simply said it wouldn't effect anyone else bar him.

Aye righto, Coloccini and Jonas will be over the moon when they see their mate dropped without reason, not to mention all his other friends at the club.

Did wonders for Ruud Gullit when he made Rob Lee train with the reserves, Shearer was well chuffed. Give over man.

So we should let Jonas & Colo pick the team, why have a manager? Can't remember Rob Lee wanting away and thinking the club was beneath him.

Did I say they should pick the team? We're talking about squad morale.

Once we are secure in the league we should think about dropping him, at least until he signs a deal. If he doesn't at least we've looked at our options within the squad ie ferguson & kadar.

Terrible idea. Sounds like something Souness would do.

O0

I want to know why Enrique shouldn't stay with us. Show some loyalty Enrique nevermind telling the truth, who's he going to go to that are actually better then us? Liverpool seem to be the only ones and their little bubble has already started to burst with the Wigan match. Stay put Enrique we're a young squad  beating teams like Villa 6-0.

There's a lot of truth to this, we have a lot of potential to improve and push on. The trick is convincing him that we will, and part of that is investing in the right players in the summer.

As far as I can tell it's not the team he's got no faith in, it's the chairman allowing the potential to be fulfilled that he doesn't have faith in. And who can blame him?

If your told your lass 'I aspire to more' than her, you think you'd have a head left on your body?

:lol: How can you compare telling your lass you hope to trade up the same as a footballer saying he wants to play for a team in Europe?

If your told your lass 'I aspire to more' than her, you think you'd have a head left on your body?

:lol: How can you compare telling your lass you hope to trade up the same as a footballer saying he wants to play for a team in Europe?

:lol:

Guest EastEndGeordie

Yes totally agree that we should be investing which would show players that we're ambitious. The thing is that we shouldn't actually have to prove anything to any players. They're under contract and shouldn't speak out regardless, instead they should go to the gaffa and discuss their problems in private. It's a bit like if you were working in an office and starting posting and shouting out that this company is too small for you and that your going to go work for a better company, it just wouldn't happen and you wouldn't be the most popular fella in then workplace.

As far as I can tell it's not the team he's got no faith in, it's the chairman allowing the potential to be fulfilled that he doesn't have faith in. And who can blame him?

I know, that's what I meant. We need to demonstrate we can at least build on our current position by bringing in the right players.

Guest elbee909

Clearly noises about wanting an improved contract, which is what will happen if you bring in a big wedge of money and don't bloody spend it.

I want to know why Enrique shouldn't stay with us. Show some loyalty Enrique nevermind telling the truth, who's he going to go to that are actually better then us? Liverpool seem to be the only ones and their little bubble has already started to burst with the Wigan match. Stay put Enrique we're a young squad  beating teams like Villa 6-0.

I know, that's what I meant. We need to demonstrate we can at least build on our current position by bringing in the right players.

Fair play, mate. I mainly read EastEndGeordie's post and skimmed your response tbh :lol: :thup:

He has more than done his duty through the relegation and back but a foreign player of such talent is bound to be expecting European football now at this stage of his career. Dropping him solves nothing, He will have been devastated at the transfer window capitulation.

The side will have to play beyond their capabilities until the end of the season and somehow get above Liverpool & co. and into Europe for us to keep the likes of Jose.

You never know, this has been such an unpredictable season we'll have to hope it it could happen.

Guest EastEndGeordie

He has more than done his duty through the relegation and back but a foreign player of such talent is bound to be expecting European football now at this stage of his career. Dropping him solves nothing, He will have been devastated at the transfer window capitulation.

The side will have to play beyond their capabilities until the end of the season and somehow get above Liverpool & co. and into Europe for us to keep the likes of Jose.

You never know, this has been such an unpredictable season we'll have to hope it it could happen.

Look I think really the only excuse that Enrique has for leaving is if we don't invest in the summer. We are actually a very good team who just needs a bit more depth and could easily push for europe. If he leaves even after we invest that we'll see that he's purely a money grabber however, if he leaves after we fail to invest then he's ambitious and would be totally justified. What his true personality is, we can only wait until summer to find out.

Guest Chris P

:thup:

Every player is up for sale. Surely the Carroll transfer convinced everyone of that.

If Liverpool, or anyone else, whack a £12m bid for him then he'll go. He'll only have a year left on his deal and we'll snap their hands off. It's a c*** of a situation but that's where we are.

Oh come on, Carroll went for £35 m man, if people want to pay that kind of over the top fee for all our players go for it. We are hardly having a fire sale though.

Who mentioned a fire-sale like?  ???

You're also agreeing with me btw.

I believe this is an accurate translation. Apologies if already done by someone else:

Jose Enrique is ambitious. The Spanish full-back is one of the defenders with most Premier League minutes and his great performances have provoked interest in him from teams such as Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa.

What do you think of Newcastle’s season?

The Premier League is tight and it’s difficult to get into the top places. We’ve won some important games and we’re ninth. Our position is good and we play our next few games at St. James Park. With three more wins we’ll be safe, which is the main objective.

Do you think you’ve got the team to qualify for the Europa League?

No-one can say but it’s very difficult. This was the first objective this season but reality is different. The squad has shrunk with the departures we’ve had.

Do you think Andy Carroll’s departure to Liverpool will have an impact?

Yes, but not only Carroll’s. He was a great centre-forward for us, he won everything in the air and was a very important player for Newcastle. However, others have left and we have a small squad. There are players who have had their debuts in the Premier League this year and we have positions where there is no back-up. Everybody knows we have a small squad and if we want to compete with top teams...If an important player gets injured we will have problems. They’ve promised me that all of the Carroll money will be spent on signings. I hope that’s so.

Turning to Liverpool, the ‘Reds’ want you for next season...

I’ve read in the English newspapers that clubs like Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa want me and it’s a compliment. They’re great English clubs. I’m happy to be at Newcastle now but I won’t close the door on anything. I love the fans and the city. I’ve suffered with the team, the relegation two years ago and you have be realistic. Newcastle aren’t behaving well, they’ve made promises they haven’t kept and I’m ambitious. I want to play in the Champions League, important competitions and be able to play for Spain.

It’s 16 months till the end of your contract, will you stay at Newcastle?

I’ve always said that I’m happy here. It’s true that they’ve made promises they haven’t kept. Like any player I want to win things and the objective is not staying. I want to be able to say to my children in the future that I played in the Champion’s League or for Spain. I’m ambitious and won’t close the door to anything.

You’re gradually knocking at the national side’s door, do you think you can make the step up?

I have the hope of being able to play for Spain absolutely. I work so that I have the opportunity one day. I want to be ready to do well for Spain. At the moment it’s difficult because you’re competing against the World Cup winning squad. That’s fine. But I’m ready to take the step up and give a good performance. I’m one of those who think that if you work hard anything’s possible.