José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

FWIW I don't think Nicky Shorey is a bad player,though didn't he join WBA in January? The relegation day at Villa, I actually thought he was the best player on the pitch. Pardew would've probably managed him at Reading too,though I may be errant there.

FWIW I don't think Nicky Shorey is a bad player,though didn't he join WBA in January? The relegation day at Villa, I actually thought he was the best player on the pitch. Pardew would've probably managed him at Reading too,though I may be errant there.

He's very slow mind.

Aye, I honestly don't think Shorey is that bad of a player.

Guest bimpy474

He's very slow mind.

Forrest Gump slow or Benny from Crossroads ?

Guest PhilB

PhilB, we totally understand. We're Newcastle fans, you don't need to tell us about unrealistic expectations. I still expect us to win the league next year and Champions League will be a piece of cake next year. And when it doesn't happen, SACK THE BOARD!

Been there, done that lots of times.  You'll enjoy it.

We'll have this episode again this time next year with Coloccini. Because there is no way he'll be offered anything like he is on now. If he's offered anything at all, that is.

Yeah, I fear we will, unless we end up making a lot more money this season. And even then we still might.

Will there be people kicking off at Ashley when Colo goes? We obviously shouldn't be paying those wages again in the near future so it'll be interesting to see the reaction.

If we're liable to be posting not a loss now (as the finance thread informs me we might), why not?

Bearing in mind Smith, Lovenkrands, Harper and a few others are likely to all leave.

Will there be people kicking off at Ashley when Colo goes? We obviously shouldn't be paying those wages again in the near future so it'll be interesting to see the reaction.

If we're liable to be posting not a loss now (as the finance thread informs me we might), why not?

Bearing in mind Smith, Lovenkrands, Harper and a few others are likely to all leave.

Aye, there has to come a point where we do start paying those wages again, surely? If we consistently maintain our PL status there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to in the very near future.

Aye, there has to come a point where we do start paying those wages again, surely? If we consistently maintain our PL status there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to in the very near future.

Well there is one reason...

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jun2009/0/1/mike-ashley-501607702.jpg

We do/did pay a lot in wages though tbf. The likes of Colo, Barton, Jose and even xisco, smith will be at the top end if not earning more than their counterparts at the clubs around us.

Isn't Colo on close to £90k a week? That sort of wage most clubs would struggle to pay without cl football, isn't that the reason spurs have to sell to buy this summer?

Guest sicko2ndbest

People are torn it's as simple as

On the one hand if they knew they were partaking in an orchestrated mass boycott/protest that would make a difference believe me to a man everyone would be in

However, a lot of fans are apathetic seeing previous demonstrations fall on deaf ears and be generally counter productive therefore they don't bother

Brian McNally said it tonight on twitter we ate not a militant bunch, noone cares enough to orchestrate a mass protest so until this moment arrives we need to either stop whining or do something about it

People are torn it's as simple as

On the one hand if they knew they were partaking in an orchestrated mass boycott/protest that would make a difference believe me to a man everyone would be in

However, a lot of fans are apathetic seeing previous demonstrations fall on deaf ears and be generally counter productive therefore they don't http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=post;quote=3111757;topic=43659.10875;num_replies=10885;sesc=4a187adf7863fc594547bc2cef3713dbbother

Brian McNally said it tonight on twitter we ate not a militant bunch, noone cares enough to orchestrate a mass protest so until this moment arrives we need to either stop whining or do something about it

Only demo that would work would be an empty stadium, but it will never happen. An empty SJP would have them gone in a few weeks.

We do/did pay a lot in wages though tbf. The likes of Colo, Barton, Jose and even xisco, smith will be at the top end if not earning more than their counterparts at the clubs around us.

Isn't Colo on close to £90k a week? That sort of wage most clubs would struggle to pay without cl football, isn't that the reason spurs have to sell to buy this summer?

Ashley signed off on all of the contracts you mention. It's not an excuse. Like buying us, the contracts are a mistake he should live with and make the best of.

He can't expect them to take fucking wage cuts when wages in the game are still rising everywhere else. It's not like Colo, Jose, Nolan or Barton got any worse since we first signed them, if anything they are/were at their most valuable at the end of this season.