José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

My guess is by "being awkward" he means that Dekka and Ashley are trying to a large sum up front instead of the usual nonsense that agents have cooked up over the years. Such as: "2M every year for the next four years, unless relegated, with a 27.5% sell on clause and 5% image rights with 500K per 40 appearances, 1m per year contingent on UEFA Cup participation... etc"

Wouldn't be surprised if Ashley is being difficult so that Jose gets frustrated and ends up handing in a transfer request so that Ashley does not have to pay the loyalty bonus.  Ashley certainly has form for doing that.

I'd have taken his twitter rant as a transfer request. If he wants a loyalty bonus he can get fucked!

I have no problem with the club holding out for what they think he's worth or the amount they've decided makes it worth cashing in on him. It's not the club's fault there isn't as much interest as he may have anticipated (same as Barton).

Though it will be their fault if they panic on the last day of the window and we haven't time to get an adequate replacement

I have no problem with the club holding out for what they think he's worth or the amount they've decided makes it worth cashing in on him. It's not the club's fault there isn't as much interest as he may have anticipated (same as Barton).

Though it will be their fault if they panic on the last day of the window and we haven't time to get an adequate replacement

Agreed. If they are holding to certain terms now they need to be willing to keep him and see him go for nothing next summer.

Can't believe they'd even try and spin this line. I don't know why Pardews even prattling on about them smiling at each other. Hes had 8 months to sign a contract and obviously doesnt want to - the situations been crystal clear for months so it would take an as yet unattained level of incompetence for them not to have a replacement lined up.

Would Liverpool risk waiting until the last day of the transfer window to put a bid in? NUFC could turn their bid down.

:iamatwat:

Liverpool went from bidding £20m to £35m in one day for Carroll. If they really want Enrique they may end up having to pay more than they expect by waiting until the last day.

Would Liverpool risk waiting until the last day of the transfer window to put a bid in? NUFC could turn their bid down.

:iamatwat:

Liverpool went from bidding £20m to £35m in one day for Carroll. If they really want Enrique they may end up having to pay more than they expect by waiting until the last day.

Money and no replacement. The perfect Mike Ashley scenario :fwap:

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Movement on both Enrique to #LFC front & Pieters to #NUFC this evening. Wrote earlier this week Pardew desperate for Pieters in before w/e.

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@alantkayll Alan Kayll

Just signed Enrique

57 minutes ago via web

@TonyEvansTimes Tony Evans

Enrique close

14 minutes ago

dinabass Dina Bass

@TonyEvansTimes Of course you've been scooped by @alantkayll :)

14 minutes ago

@TonyEvansTimes Tony Evans

@dinabass @alantkayll Well Alan knows his stuff. Can't argue with that

13 minutes ago

Bye José again. Said it a hundred times this summer. Hurts like hell to see such a brilliant player leave.

It does but if he's hell bent on leaving I'd rather he went now and we got his replacement in before the season kicks off.

Bye José again. Said it a hundred times this summer. Hurts like hell to see such a brilliant player leave.

be interesting to see him (if true) without jonas's support defensivly and the easy two yard pass to same. (not saying he can't do it by the way)

@RhysLFC1495 Rhys

@CaulkinTheTimes What's happening with Enrique? Few people saying its done.

5 minutes ago

@CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

@RhysLFC1495 sounds like it.

3 minutes ago

Fucking prick

Wanted champions league football

Goes to non champions league club

Fuck off

Went to a club with ambition, can't blame him.

Massive shame and massive loss.

Bye Jose. Great full back.