José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Will wish him good luck.... but fully intend to boo the tits off him when they come up here as I am sure many will.... yes loads may frown upon that but if in any way it upsets/unsettles him during the game than all the better for us.

Its not about hating hi its about trying to gain us any advantage we can.

I think we effed up with him, but the main mistake was being too wary of playing him in the relegation season and before. The net result was that we also pissed off N'Zogbia by playing him left back instead.

Once we were relegated and he played regularly, Jose really shone, but it was still only the Championship. That meant that with two years left on his contract, he was still untested in the Prem. Once he proved he was a capable Prem player, there was too little left on his contract for the club to have a strong negotiating position, leaving him free to get the deal he's been pushing for pretty much since January.

With better use and man management, I think N'Zogbia and Enrique would still be here. Its a kick in the knackers.

With better use and man management, I think N'Zogbia and Enrique would still be here. Its a kick in the knackers.

Supporting this club under its current ownership is a constant stream of kicks to the pods, we'll just end up like that martial arts guy from Kick Ass Moves or whatever programme he was on who can take it without flinching.

Guest Stephen927

Can't fault the player for having ambition. If the club had showed some of it we might still have a quality player on our books.

Hopefully we'll pick up an adequate replacement on the cheap.

I think we effed up with him, but the main mistake was being too wary of playing him in the relegation season and before. The net result was that we also pissed off N'Zogbia by playing him left back instead.

Once we were relegated and he played regularly, Jose really shone, but it was still only the Championship. That meant that with two years left on his contract, he was still untested in the Prem. Once he proved he was a capable Prem player, there was too little left on his contract for the club to have a strong negotiating position, leaving him free to get the deal he's been pushing for pretty much since January.

It should be mentioned that neither Fat Sam or Keegan really managed either player very well. It's easy to say it's the owners fault but playing Duff the Puff on left wing and using Zog at left back was a big factor in Zog leaving and obviously Enrique was frozen out despite most of us spotting his obvious quality almost from the first day.

I think we effed up with him, but the main mistake was being too wary of playing him in the relegation season and before. The net result was that we also p*ssed off N'Zogbia by playing him left back instead.

It should be mentioned that neither Fat Sam or Keegan really managed either player very well. It's easy to say it's the owners fault but playing Duff the Puff on left wing and using Zog at left back was a big factor in Zog leaving and obviously Enrique was frozen out despite most of us spotting his obvious quality almost from the first day.

Basically it's all Duff's fault. What a crap signing he was.  :facepalm:

:smitten:

JOSE Enrique is so happy to have stayed at Newcastle United last summer that he is already contemplating the possibility of spending the rest of his career on Tyneside.

Enrique has developed into an outstanding left-back during his time at Newcastle and is arguably the best full-back playing outside of the Premier League. His performances this season and at the end of the last have established the former Spanish Under-21 international as a crowd favourite at St James Park and the former Villareal prospect has responded by claiming he never wants to leave.

At 24, Enrique, in theory, still has his best years ahead of him, but he has formed a strong bond with the city and its football club during his three years in English football.

Im so happy I decided to stay at Newcastle in the summer, said Enrique, who returned to the starting line-up after a hamstring injury in the 3-0 win over Scunthorpe on Wednesday night.

I know we are only in the Championship, but I love the city and the club. All the foreign players hate the weather here, but its not just Newcastle, its England. Im really settled here and I have no desire to go back to Spain. Im happy at Newcastle, in England and in this team.

In my three seasons here I know the fans like me and I love that. That is more important for me than anything else, more important than trophies and cups.

Enrique is not the first foreign import to fall in love with the club and the city it calls home and it is clear Enriques words are not empty pledges of loyalty.

Going back through previous pages randomly found this. Gutted.

I think we effed up with him, but the main mistake was being too wary of playing him in the relegation season and before. The net result was that we also p*ssed off N'Zogbia by playing him left back instead.

If that's how you read it despite both me and stottie explaining what we meant explicitly, then there's not a lot I can do.

JOSE Enrique is so happy to have stayed at Newcastle United last summer that he is already contemplating the possibility of spending the rest of his career on Tyneside.

Enrique has developed into an outstanding left-back during his time at Newcastle and is arguably the best full-back playing outside of the Premier League. His performances this season – and at the end of the last – have established the former Spanish Under-21 international as a crowd favourite at St James’ Park and the former Villareal prospect has responded by claiming he never wants to leave.

At 24, Enrique, in theory, still has his best years ahead of him, but he has formed a strong bond with the city and its football club during his three years in English football.

“I’m so happy I decided to stay at Newcastle in the summer,” said Enrique, who returned to the starting line-up after a hamstring injury in the 3-0 win over Scunthorpe on Wednesday night.

“I know we are only in the Championship, but I love the city and the club. All the foreign players hate the weather here, but it’s not just Newcastle, it’s England. I’m really settled here and I have no desire to go back to Spain. I’m happy at Newcastle, in England and in this team.

“In my three seasons here I know the fans like me and I love that. That is more important for me than anything else, more important than trophies and cups.”Enrique is not the first foreign import to fall in love with the club and the city it calls home and it is clear Enrique’s words are not empty pledges of loyalty.

:troll:

If that's how you read it despite both me and stottie explaining what we meant explicitly, then there's not a lot I can do.

Nah Tron, I agree with you man. The face palm was in relation to how crap duff was.  :lol:

Enrique has developed into an outstanding left-back during his time at Newcastle and is arguably the best full-back playing outside of the Premier League. His performances this season and at the end of the last have established the former Spanish Under-21 international as a crowd favourite at St James Park and the former Villareal prospect has responded by claiming he never wants to leave.

Im so happy I decided to stay at Newcastle in the summer, said Enrique, who returned to the starting line-up after a hamstring injury in the 3-0 win over Scunthorpe on Wednesday night.

I know we are only in the Championship, but I love the city and the club. All the foreign players hate the weather here, but its not just Newcastle, its England. Im really settled here and I have no desire to go back to Spain. Im happy at Newcastle, in England and in this team.

In my three seasons here I know the fans like me and I love that. That is more important for me than anything else, more important than trophies and cups.

Enrique is not the first foreign import to fall in love with the club and the city it calls home and it is clear Enriques words are not empty pledges of loyalty.

Just goes to show all footballers talk utter shite.

See ya Jose, thanks for the memories. Cunt.

Nah Tron, I agree with you man. The face palm was in relation to how crap duff was.  :lol:

Ah ok :thup:

Just goes to show all footballers talk utter s****.

See ya Jose, thanks for the memories. c***.

It's pretty clear now that those words were indeed empty pledges of loyalty.

Best of luck to Jose. Hope he makes it into the Spanish squad in time for the Euros.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If HBAs fit (and that's a big if for sicknote) I think he has the potential to ruin Jose if played on the right. Jose is vulnerable to players cutting in off the right. Going down the line he is fine as he has the power/pace to deal with it

Nothing would please me more the paella munching traitor

The bull yeah right 'bullshitter' more like