José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

He's a Spanish lad with no real ties to the North East, if top 7 Spanish club wanted him I'd sure he would be off. Can't really blame the lad if he does want to leave.

Guest bmoregeordie

70/30 he leaves.

90/10 he's giving full effort

90/10 the lack of stability is having a subconscious impact on his energy and level of play.

If a player wants to go or isn't sure about staying then that's often enough to take the edge of his game. Enrique hasn't been playing badly, but he hasn't looked quite the same player for the last couple of months. That's all.

We've got a wage policy and it looks like Enrique has been offered more by Liverpool. There's no point in having a policy if you're going to break it whenever a player tries to test it out.

If a player wants to go or isn't sure about staying then that's often enough to take the edge of his game. Enrique hasn't been playing badly, but he hasn't looked quite the same player for the last couple of months. That's all.

We've got a wage policy and it looks like Enrique has been offered more by Liverpool. There's no point in having a policy if you're going to break it whenever a player tries to test it out.

I'm not sure Enrique's desire to move (assuming he has one) will have much to do with wages, he seemed happy to negotiate a new deal before the Carroll sale when the same wage restrictions were in place, think its the fact that he no longer sees the club's ambitions as matching his own and he feels he'll have to move to achieve them. We'll miss him badly as he's a top class player, but I will wish him well and don't think we should paint him as a mercenary purely concerned with his wage packet.

He won't go to Liverpool. Can't see them spending much money.

January was a brilliant move for the owners as it showed intent without them actually spending any money - Torres (£50m) = Carroll (£35m) + Suarez (£15m)

Aren't they still broke?

He can do much better than Liverpool.

If they added Enrique, a centre back and a winger in the summer they'd be top 2 imho.

Err, nar.

The problem with Liverpool is they gutted their midfield which included their best and most important player, Alonso. Until they replace Masch and Xabi they're not going to get back in the top 4.

He can do much better than Liverpool.

If they added Enrique, a centre back and a winger in the summer they'd be top 2 imho.

Err, nar.

The problem with Liverpool is they gutted their midfield which included their best and most important player, Alonso. Until they replace Masch and Xabi they're not going to get back in the top 4.

If they improve the positions mentioned above I'd put a wedge on them breaking back into the top 4.

Alonso was their best player. He made them tick, he made Gerrard play better and he took all the strain off players like Carragher. The fact they didn't replace him has put them back 10 years, it'll take massive investment for them to get back in the top 4.

Well im half with minhosa anyway, still dont think they'd make the top 2

I just think Man Utd will need significant investment over the summer and Chelsea will perhaps need to think of replacing key men soon (having already spaffed £50m on Torres) meaning there may be gap for a new force next year if anyone can get it together over most of the season.

If liverpool line up something like this, then they'd be there or thereabouts is what I'm saying:-

Reina

Kelly/Johnson

New CB

Carragher

Enrique

New Winger

Meireles

Gerrard

Joey Cole

Suarez

Carroll

Granted their defence doesn't look the best but if they did sign a strong centre half, they could be very effective.