José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Roger Kint

One desired effect of Jose's outburst will of course have been to reduce the price we can get for him.

The only people who can reduce the price is us. Why Cunny Dalglish has suddenly decided to play wheeler dealer after spaffing £20m on Jordan Henderson is beyond me. I don't see why we are obliged to drop the price because Enrique's following the scouse prompts.

Its beyond me how you cant see they are two totally different situations.

Henderson is English, overrated, younger and had years on his contract and his club/himself didnt want to leave.

Whereas we could see Jose sign a pre contract in 6 months, wants to go and any chance of getting a fee for him reduces by the day.

I just don't see why Enrique should be able to dictate the price by throwing a strop on behalf of his new scouse overlords. Yes we will have to compromise but that was always going to be the case anyway. It's not a case of Jose throws a hissy and we drop a couple of million on cue.

Who is to say what price it will/should be though, his strop hasnt really changed anything? Ash Young went for £16m, NZogbia for £9.5m both in the same boat although attacking players in general cost more. I said a while ago we may well end up getting £5m and push for heavy future incentives due to the how long we have and it still wouldnt be terrible(obviously in the silly sense that we will replace him properly) unless we end up with some shite at LB for a fraction of that amount.

One desired effect of Jose's outburst will of course have been to reduce the price we can get for him.

The only people who can reduce the price is us. Why Cunny Dalglish has suddenly decided to play wheeler dealer after spaffing £20m on Jordan Henderson is beyond me. I don't see why we are obliged to drop the price because Enrique's following the scouse prompts.

Henderson is English, overrated, younger and had years on his contract and his club/himself didnt want to leave.

Whereas we could see Jose sign a pre contract in 6 months, wants to go and any chance of getting a fee for him reduces by the day.

I just don't see why Enrique should be able to dictate the price by throwing a strop on behalf of his new scouse overlords. Yes we will have to compromise but that was always going to be the case anyway. It's not a case of Jose throws a hissy and we drop a couple of million on cue.

Who is to say what price it will/should be though, his strop hasnt really changed anything? Ash Young went for £16m, NZogbia for £9.5m both in the same boat although attacking players in general cost more. I said a while ago we may well end up getting £5m and push for heavy future incentives due to the how long we have and it still wouldnt be terrible(obviously in the silly sense that we will replace him properly) unless we end up with some shite at LB for a fraction of that amount.

Fine but the post I was responding to initially was by ozziemandias which read:

pre-contract with foreign club. Rather that than selling him for £5-7 million to cunny (!!) dalglish

Never understand this attitude, people gambling on him giving two squirts of p*ss if we deny him a move.

The thing is I rate Enrique very highly, and rather not play against him. We have the money and rather he signed a pre-contract with a foreign club than strengthen one of our competitors. It's not about denying him a move, its about rejecting s*** offers. Enrique is worth a lot of money in todays market, he's still relatively young, got PL experience and is one of the best left-backs in the league. For £5million we wouldn't even be able to sign a decent left-back. It's a position where the World is right now lacking quality. France has couple of decent ones, then there is Marcelo, Lahm, AssCole and Baines.

If he is playing disinterested and halfarsed he wont exactly be playing for us will he? Brilliant for team spirit when the other players know they have a liability alongside them in such a key position.

Quite how you can go from 'we have the money' to 'For £5m we wouldnt even be able to sgn a decent Left Back'........

This isnt Football Manager man, when a player doesnt give a s*** he is worthless(Owen),  you are effectively writing off £8m(including wages etc) and for what? A stupid personal opinion about another team getting him while we still need a replacement which wont happen while he is here?

You don't get it do you, its not about personal opinion of another team. I believe that with him we stand a bigger chance of progressing, I'd take a gamble on Enrique as I believe Jonas and Colo would probably make sure he doesn't play halfarsed. I'm just against letting him go for s*** money to ANY (!!!!!!!!!!!) club in the PL. I just think that if we sell him for £5-7m we probably get someone s*** in or rely on Dummet and Ferguson.

Life is for the adventurous man! Take a gamble ;)

You talk about progressing by holding on to a player who wants away? LOL at Jonas & Colo having some magical hold on him too......You are right though, i dont get it after all theres never been a footballer transferred in history that was a success for under £7m i should have seen sense and accepted it as you have.

O0

My thoughts, not that anyone gives a shit.

I suspect that Jose had his mind made up long before Carroll was sold, probably last summer, that he was leaving this summer. One big season in the premier league shop window and that's me away, he thought. Off to a big club and hopefully the national side.

If Jose is frustrated right now, it has little or nothing to do with Ashley / our transfer policy. It's because he expected to be starting pre season at new club, but no fucker's came in for him.

My thoughts, not that anyone gives a s***.

You're right

But honestly, I do think it has loads to do with just like you say the national team. That's what he wants, and if he could get a call-up with us I think he'd be pretty happy though. It's every players dream to play for their national team.

I suspect that Jose had his mind made up long before Carroll was sold, probably last summer, that he was leaving this summer. One big season in the premier league shop window and that's me away, he thought. Off to a big club and hopefully the national side.

If Jose is frustrated right now, it has little or nothing to do with Ashley / our transfer policy. It's because he expected to be starting pre season at new club, but no fucker's came in for him.

I generally agree with this post.  I think the no ambition thing is just a smokescreen to help get the fans on his side more than anything.

Tend to agree.

I generally agree with this post.  I think the no ambition thing is just a smokescreen to help get the fans on his side more than anything.

That's basically it, as regards the outburst. Engineer a move but divert the blame.

If that is the case, what is 'the blame'? And why would any diversion make it acceptable that another of our best players wants to leave? At what point do you stop and wonder why our best players keep wanting to leave?

Fine but the post I was responding to initially was by ozziemandias which read:

It has the effect of alerting clubs to the fact that he definitely, 100% wants away. It also wrecks any chance at all of him signing a new contract. We now have to sell, if we can. It's an incentive for clubs to wait until the last minute of the transfer window to come in with a meagre offer in the hope of taking advantage. We no longer have any position of strength in terms of negotiation.

Fuck knows why half the people on here have been celebrating his self-serving tweets.

considering pardew said it looks like Enrique doesn't want to negotiate with us, and that he wants to leave the club, i don't think his tweets have changed much at all actually. the idea that the tweet has suddenly "alerted" clubs to his availability is far fetched. i also don't think enrique tweeted as some sort of clever strategic ploy. to the contrary i'd say it wasnt particularly bright on his part.

considering pardew said it looks like Enrique doesn't want to negotiate with us, and that he wants to leave the club, i don't think his tweets have changed much at all actually. the idea that the tweet has suddenly "alerted" clubs to his availability is far fetched. i also don't think enrique tweeted as some sort of clever strategic ploy. to the contrary i'd say it wasnt particularly bright on his part.

I think they were just born out of frustration as to the fact that he is still here and clearly doesn't want to be.

If that is the case, what is 'the blame'? And why would any diversion make it acceptable that another of our best players wants to leave? At what point do you stop and wonder why our best players keep wanting to leave?

By "blame" i meant that Jose wants away but wants somebody else to be the bad guy. Ie Ashley.

Still absolutely beyond me why Liverpool haven't made a move for him like.

Reckon these comments were half anger at the clubs total lack of ambition, half a "come get me" plea to the big clubs. Cant say I blame the lad for wanting to leave like, if we'd showed theslightest bit of ambition to progress then I think he'd be happy to stay, at theend of day his career must come first, and here, its going no where.

End of August and Liverpool will make a move and we will end up with no left back, this is my biggest fear for the season.

It will happen, i can see it from a mile away.l

Reckon these comments were half anger at the clubs total lack of ambition, half a "come get me" plea to the big clubs. Cant say I blame the lad for wanting to leave like, if we'd showed theslightest bit of ambition to progress then I think he'd be happy to stay, at theend of day his career must come first, and here, its going no where.

We have progressed.

End of August and Liverpool will make a move and we will end up with no left back, this is my biggest fear for the season.

It will happen, i can see it from a mile away.l

Only Tioté can see from that far away mate.

We have progressed.

We had progressed. We're stagnating at the minute though.

My memory needs a refresh, do me a favour and list them all please. :)

We have progressed.

How do you mean we have progressed? I can't see how we have progressed at all seeing as the season hasn't even begun yet?

We have progressed.

How do you mean we have progressed? I can't see how we have progressed at all seeing as the season hasn't even begun yet?

BA, Mav, Cabaye, Gosling and HBA are all players that's capable of creating progress though..

We have progressed.

BA, Mav, Cabaye, Gosling and HBA are all players that's capable of creating progress though..

Scary as it is, it's all a case of having a bit of faith in the unknown for now imo