José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

"They’ve promised me that all of the Carroll money will be spent on signings. I hope that’s so."

Hints towards he waiting till the summer activity at least?  :undecided:

He seems pissed off Routledge and Xisco were let go judging by the Carroll paragraph.

"They’ve promised me that all of the Carroll money will be spent on signings. I hope that’s so."

Hints towards he waiting till the summer activity at least?   :undecided:

He seems pissed off Routledge and Xisco were let go judging by the Carroll paragraph.

Not surprised. It's absolutely nonsensical that we loaned Routledge out IMO.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Oh never read that before, yeah it looks like he's basically saying "invest and aim for better or I'm off". Highly justified in what he is saying.

So, according to rumours, another one of our key players are looking for new challenges. Brilliant.

First Carroll, then (maybe) Enrique. Really goes to show you Ashley's ambitions. Yey!  :wav:

And for me, contributes to my growing decision as to whether supporting this team, in the long run, does any good at all for me as a supporter. If selling our best players all the time is our (new) policy, then I find it hard to see Newcastle challenging and establishing as a top team in Europe.

Guest michaelfoster

If he wanted to move to Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City etc or one of the big clubs abroad like Barcelona, Juventus, Inter etc then i would not begrudge him to move, like Roj said he stayed when others buggered off after relegation.

We will never be able to compete with them for players, and thats got nothing to do with Ashley, simply they are a more attractive club who can offer them more money, unlike the 90's where the financial gulf was closer, unless we get a multi billionaire we will struggle to break the top 5/6 clubs.

Hopefully Jose will go abroad though as he would tear us a new one if he played against us.

This has nothing to do with Ashley or the clubs ambition, it's down to Jose and his ambition.  He wants CL football, there's nothing we can do about it.

No? If Ashley hadn't been so stingy with his "billions", he would have invested more cash in the club and team - both wages and transfers - so that we actually could challenge for a CL spot. But, as you know, he doesn't have the resources.

This has nothing to do with Ashley or the clubs ambition, it's down to Jose and his ambition.  He wants CL football, there's nothing we can do about it.

Exactly, I posted something similar earlier. Unless Ashley had spent Man City-style since he came in, Europe would have been very unlikely.

We still might have shown enough to keep the better players happy, but if they want the CL then there's nothing we can do.

No? If Ashley hadn't been so stingy with his "billions", he would have invested more cash in the club and team - both wages and transfers - so that we actually could challenge for a CL spot. But, as you know, he doesn't have the resources.

'kin hell!

He wasn't so stingy when he cleared all our debts.

Stop making me defend Ashley, man! I feel dirty.

Guest firetotheworks

I've just read the full article. Fair enough tbh, I'd be exactly the same if I was in his position. If we can't match that ambition, and have broken promises of ambition in the past, then he can walk away with his head held high. It's down to where the money's spent.

Exactly, I posted something similar earlier. Unless Ashley had spent Man City-style since he came in, Europe would have been very unlikely.

We still might have shown enough to keep the better players happy, but if they want the CL then there's nothing we can do.

Read the interview properly. Of course this is to do with Ashley's ambition (or lack of). Jose draws reference to possibly the most glaring failing of the Ashley era: not maintaining a squad capable of covering key positions. Jose is our only senior left-back (if you accept, given that he was punted out on loan, that Pardew doesn't rate Kadar at all). He has seen our only decent striker at this level sold without a back-up plan in place (after several months of speculation that he would go). He has seen a manager he rated treated like dirt. Fair play to Pardew for his work so far, but even he has been hung out to dry and left looking like a mug by the Carroll saga.

All this while Jose has quietly been proving what a lot of us suspected during the relegation season: that he's a class act.

Nobody will know better than a player as good as Jose that Pardew is succeeding despite Ashley, not in any way because of him.

Tottenham are in the Champions League this season without paying outrageous transfer fees or massive wages just a couple of seasons after they were on the slide. It can be done without throwing City's stupid money at it. It could - only could, I admit - be done here, and Jose knows that. But he knows it won't be done under an owner who only knows how to wing things.

Thats simply not true. In 07/08 AND 08/09 Everton finished 5th, Villa 6th (where are they now?), in 09/10 Tottenham finished 4th, City 5th and Villa 6th.

Now, have any of those teams lost many of their key players? So, it is possible. Everton hasn't splash the cash, Villa have bought a lot of medicore players, and in recent time some expensive ones as well (they have used cash under both MON and Houllier - though not as much as City.), as far as I know Tottenham has bought many players, but they've also sold quite a few for some good money.

Now, I'm not gonna talk about City, but Everton, Villa and Tottenham haven't lost many (if any) of their key players, they have been able to keep the core. Newcastle seem unable to do both..... keep their in-form, key players, and strength the squad to make sure we have a strong and decent-sized squad.

Thats simply not true. In 07/08 AND 08/09 Everton finished 5th, Villa 6th (where are they now?), in 09/10 Tottenham finished 4th, City 5th and Villa 6th.

Now, have any of those teams lost many of their key players? So, it is possible. Everton hasn't splash the cash, Villa have bought a lot of medicore players, and in recent time some expensive ones as well (they have used cash under both MON and Houllier - though not as much as City.), as far as I know Tottenham has bought many players, but they've also sold quite a few for some good money.

Now, I'm not gonna talk about City, but Everton, Villa and Tottenham haven't lost many (if any) of their key players, they have been able to keep the core. Newcastle seem unable to do both..... keep their in-form, key players, and strength the squad to make sure we have a strong and decent-sized squad.

berbatov,carrick,keane.......made healthy profits on them all aswell.

berbatov,carrick,keane.......made healthy profits on them all aswell.

Lescott, Pienaar, Didn't get Donovan on a perm deal.