José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Still, both Tottenham (many) and Villa (Bent, Makoun) have been able to replace those who have left.

Everton however is a special case, and struggle. But they still have Baines (which many compare to Enrique), that Afro-dude Fellaini (?), Arteta and Tim Cahill, Jack Rodwell and Jagielka.

But I don't see why Newcastle can't do they same as Villa and Tottenham, if Ashley is not a stingy and unambitious chairman (as some of you argue)?

Still, both Tottenham (many) and Villa (Bent, Makoun) have been able to replace those who have left.

Everton however is a special case, and struggle. But they still have Baines (which many compare to Enrique), that Afro-dude Fellaini (?), Arteta and Tim Cahill, Jack Rodwell and Jagielka.

But I don't see why Newcastle can't do they same as Villa and Tottenham, if Ashley is not a stingy and unambitious chairman (as some of you argue)?

he's put over 100million of his own cash in above what he spent on buying the club.

So, according to rumours, another one of our key players are looking for new challenges. Brilliant.

First Carroll, then (maybe) Enrique. Really goes to show you Ashley's ambitions. Yey!  :wav:

And for me, contributes to my growing decision as to whether supporting this team, in the long run, does any good at all for me as a supporter. If selling our best players all the time is our (new) policy, then I find it hard to see Newcastle challenging and establishing as a top team in Europe.

:fishing:

:lol: because we know you're not seriously saying that you support Newcastle based upon their success :lol: O0

he's put over 100million of his own cash in above what he spent on buying the club.

That may well be true, but as I've said before (in other threads), Ashley is a poor business man (in terms of financial resources), and should not own and run an EPL-side. As far as I'm concerned he doesn't have the financial muscles needed to improve the club or team beyond the current state. I think he just stays around to try squeeze as much money as he can out of the club, cause he knows that he has lost on his investment.

That may well be true, but as I've said before (in other threads), Ashley is a poor business man (in terms of financial resources), and should not own and run an EPL-side. As far as I'm concerned he doesn't have the financial muscles needed to improve the club or team beyond the current state. I think he just stays around to try squeeze as much money as he can out of the club, cause he knows that he has lost on his investment.

except he hasn't took any monies out and no-one.....N O    O N E! was prepared to put a penny in let alone 100million.

So, according to rumours, another one of our key players are looking for new challenges. Brilliant.

First Carroll, then (maybe) Enrique. Really goes to show you Ashley's ambitions. Yey!  :wav:

And for me, contributes to my growing decision as to whether supporting this team, in the long run, does any good at all for me as a supporter. If selling our best players all the time is our (new) policy, then I find it hard to see Newcastle challenging and establishing as a top team in Europe.

:lol: because we know you're not seriously saying that you support Newcastle based upon their success :lol: O0

No :lol: :no: Unfortunately I'm stuck here, forever. Pulling my hair, or atleast whatever's left of it  bluerazz.gif , until we one day conquer the football world ;) Hopefully that happens before I get relegated to the non-league  :pow:

Who do you think Ashley should sell the club to?

No :lol: :no: Unfortunately I'm stuck here, forever. Pulling my hair, or atleast whatever's left of it  bluerazz.gif , until we one day conquer the football world ;) Hopefully that happens before I get relegated to the non-league  :pow:

...and lets say this whole episode with the FCB goes terribly wrong and we do end up the the BlueSqBet Premier, are you still going to support the team then?

except he hasn't took any monies out and no-one.....N O    O N E! was prepared to put a penny in let alone 100million.

There's a reason for that. Without that money Newcastle would have been bankrupt.  :pow:

...and lets say this whole episode with the FCB goes terribly wrong and we do end up the the BlueSqBet Premier, are you still going to support the team then?

yes  :weep:

Edit: I wrote I will be relegated (as in; before I die), not Newcastle ;)

There's a reason for that. Without that money Newcastle would have been bankrupt.  :pow:

your catching on.

Because Villa and Spurs had both been run notoroiusly tightly in the past and are benefitting now from that frugality. We on the otherhand had an terminally underperforming squad and very little manouverability for wages.

Anyway don't want to de rail this thread, I'm oooot.

your catching on.

Yes, I hate Ashley. But let's leave it there until next transfer window :)

Guest Slippery Sam

"..if Ashley hadn't been so stingy with his billions"

He's only a billionaire on paper.  Oh, so you want him to sell everything he owns so he can spend it all on Newcastle United? I should have realised. Maybe he isn't aware of your thinking? If you write him I'm sure he'll think it a good idea.

"..if Ashley hadn't been so stingy with his billions"

He's only a billionaire on paper.  Oh, so you want him to sell everything he owns so he can spend it all on Newcastle United? I should have realised. Maybe he isn't aware of your thinking? If you write him I'm sure he'll think it a good idea.

Good idea = sell up to someone who can afford to splash some cash and have more ambitions. Anyway, don't wanna spoil this thread with this. PM me if you want to discuss it more :)

Alan Pardew would be reluctant to lose the services of the left-back but would let him leave if all the proceeds from the sale were added to the £35m received for  Andy Carroll to reinvest in the team.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Alan Pardew would be reluctant to sell his team, but would let them all leave if the proceeds from the sale went back into the..oh.

I think as long as they get some EARLY business done - even tying up pre-contracts for the Marveaux type deals it would intrigue him and make him stay for a bit longer through the summer... if we get to early August and at least 2 BIG signings have not been made, that's when I think he will slap in transfer request.

Ball is still in our court to an extent... show him our hand, both in terms of an excellent contract offer, and also ambitious signings. This is one make or break summer for us - we will truly know which way we are heading towards after this summer. Crucial.