José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Reet. You guys who have a lot of spare bedsheets put aside for 'boycoutts' and 'rioyting' should make one to beg Jose stay. You have a week!

I'm getting rather pissed off by all this now. There are many ways to tell us he'd either like to leave or he'd like to stay without actually guaranteeing anything.

I'd actually have more respect for him if he actually said he'd like to leave instead of saying nothing and then just leaving next month.

Reet. You guys who have a lot of spare bedsheets put aside for 'boycoutts' and 'rioyting' should make one to beg Jose stay. You have a week!

The kind of thing that comes back to bite you on the ass if/when he leaves anyway and we look like mugs.

Making a bedsheet with that written on it is the equivalent of telling a girl you love her (and not knowing her response) - risking the guy she actually loves rinsing you... in subsequent seasons... and having sex with her in your house.. and their house... (okay, my extended metaphor has gone awry).

My point is: It's a gamble! ;)

I'm getting rather pissed off by all this now. There are many ways to tell us he'd either like to leave or he'd like to stay without actually guaranteeing anything.

I'd actually have more respect for him if he actually said he'd like to leave instead of saying nothing and then just leaving next month.

Huh? Surely if he doesn't guarantee anything, then he's still not really saying whether he'd like to stay or leave? I honestly don't think he's made his mind up either way himself. I really do think we have more than a chance of keeping him. What we have to do to do so is a different debate, but the possibility has always been there IMO.

I'm getting rather p*ssed off by all this now. There are many ways to tell us he'd either like to leave or he'd like to stay without actually guaranteeing anything.

But looking ahead to next season, Enrique told the Chronicle: “To finish in the top 10 is important this season.

“We’ll see what happens next year and which players come to us.

“We have a great squad here though, and we have been very unlucky with injuries.

“Next season we will hopefully get new players and try to build on a top-10 finish.”

Enrique also poured praise on the Geordie fans who chanted his name on Saturday, with his future still far from certain.

He said: “It is always nice to hear that, but we’ll what happens.

“The most important thing is the team.

“I know the fans like me a lot, but we’ll see.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/09/jose-enrique-sees-positive-nufc-foundations-72703-28660486/#ixzz1MREbYFgU

Drops some pretty heavy hints he might be willing to stay there IMO. I reckon he's waiting to see what investment is made at the beginning of the summer.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much though,only to be let down- excellent performance today.

I'm getting rather p*ssed off by all this now. There are many ways to tell us he'd either like to leave or he'd like to stay without actually guaranteeing anything.

Huh? Surely if he doesn't guarantee anything, then he's still not really saying whether he'd like to stay or leave? I honestly don't think he's made his mind up either way himself. I really do think we have more than a chance of keeping him. What we have to do to do so is a different debate, but the possibility has always been there IMO.

He could say "I'd like to stay under the right circumstances" or something similar. At least then we'd know if he's interested in staying or if he is off, regardless of what contract we offer.

If he isn't telling us anything then I hope he's at least giving some indication to Pardew in the next few weeks.

Results like the one we got today will go some way to convincing him we can compete a bit more next season.

Beat West Brom and I think it gives us a good chance of keeping him here.

Guest Howaythetoon

We'll not see a better left-back at this club than Enrique who is fucking immense defensively and is such a quality footballer with the ball at his feet. I never panic when someone runs at him. Look at today, he had Anelka in his pocket and at one point during the game did a "chop" skill to get the ball away from Anelka and with it away from our own corner area where lesser players would have gave a corner away, kicked it long or out for a throw-in or would have been dispossessed. What did Enrique do when he did the chop and got away? He ran and ran before being edged off the ball some 60 yards away from our own end. I actually agree with Merson, he's one of the best in that position in world football and he's only 23. I don't think he offers quite enough in the very final third but that I think is down to options. I remember many a time during the game Enrique on the ball in the final third and no-one ran past him to be played in while movement in the box was static. Lesser full-backs would have just whipped in any old cross to be eaten up by your Terry but Enrique is clever and either kept possession or switched play rather than blindly swing in a cross. I think he's our only genuine world-class player.