José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

To be honest i think the "i want to play for spain" thing is a load of old bollocks. What he really means is "i want to play for a bigger club".

I'll admit he should have been called up already. But if he stayed with us and continued to turn in great performances, and improve further, i'm convinced he'd been capped sooner rather than later. He's too good not to be.

So why do you think he hasnt been called up this season?!

To be honest i think the "i want to play for spain" thing is a load of old bollocks. What he really means is "i want to play for a bigger club".

I'll admit he should have been called up already. But if he stayed with us and continued to turn in great performances, and improve further, i'm convinced he'd been capped sooner rather than later. He's too good not to be.

It's a case of banging on the door a bit longer. How old is there cuurent LB? 32 or 33? They need to look for the next LB and Joses time will come whoever he's playing for, just my opinion of course. Like i said above i think he's using it as an excuse to go to a bigger club.

It's a case of banging on the door a bit longer. How old is there cuurent LB? 32 or 33? They need to look for the next LB and Joses time will come whoever he's playing for, just my opinion of course. Like i said above i think he's using it as an excuse to go to a bigger club.

I guess we disagree on why he wants to leave but if i was in his position I'd do the same, if he doesnt get in the squad next year he'll be 28 by the time he plays in his first national tournament. Puts it into perspective for me at least.

I was Googling last night to see if Carroll ever partnered Rossi in our reserves together (don't ask), and it brought up a few messageboards, one I remember clearly was a Celtic one, saying we were mad for rejecting £23m from Liverpool for Carroll. That was obviously in the morning. I don't think anyone laughed at us, but if you look around many questioned Liverpool. As for the managerial appointment fair enough but he's done well so moot point.

I meant the sacking of a manager who had brought us up from the Championship at the first attempt.

Mick you were one of the biggest critics of Hughton when he got appointed and for a long time afterwards. I'm not even sure you thought he should be manager after promotion so I don't know how you can take that stance now.

a wonderful player and likable man, but this is a very cunt-ish way of leaving. maybe we'd be better using his money to strengthen the squad, but there comes a point where that has to stop. the carroll deal was too good to pass up, but this isn't. however, as said earlier, he's progressed faster than we have and we have no chance of getting to champions league level (neither do liverpool btw). we can't match his personal goals so then it just becomes a matter of loyalty - and we know what the modern footballer is all about.

A.B.L. (anywhere but liverpool)

Mick you were one of the biggest critics of Hughton when he got appointed and for a long time afterwards. I'm not even sure you thought he should be manager after promotion so I don't know how you can take that stance now.

I changed my opinion of him and thought that he deserved to have this season as long as we were safe.  Not that this post has anything to do with us being a laughing stock for sacking him.

I changed my opinion of him and thought that he deserved to have this season as long as we were safe.  Not that this post has anything to do with us being a laughing stock for sacking him.

we dont seem to be now.

I'm really not that arsed, after Carroll I doubt any out going transfer is going to matter for some time.

As long as we get a decent fee and a capable replacement who wants to play for us then I'm happy with the outcome.

The most worrying thing about this is our track record with left backs since Bernard left us (the first time). That position was always a pain in the arse and it was sorted with Enrique there. We more than likely wont replace him properly and have to suffer awful left backs once again.

We had two positions sorted for years to come in the PL: LB & #9. Can't see us filling either slot with similar quality any time soon. We're a selling club at the minute and there's nothing that can be done to change it. Just hurts that now we're seemingly on the up, players are jumping ship.