José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest neesy111

Even though Jose was good last season, I'd put Baines way ahead as the best LB in the division.  Ashley Cole is no-where near the best now.

Even though Jose was good last season, I'd put Baines way ahead as the best LB in the division.  Ashley Cole is no-where near the best now.

Even if this is true, we're only the 12th best team, so to have the 3rd or 4th best LB is a decent result.

Guest neesy111

Even if this is true, we're only the 12th best team, so to have the 3rd or 4th best LB is a decent result.

Ofcourse.  I think we have one of the best CB's as well in Coloccini.  He was my player of the season.

Guest neesy111

:kinnear:

He was very poor last season by his high standards and getting on a bit now (age wise).

:kinnear:

He was very poor last season by his high standards and getting on a bit now (age wise).

While I agree he wasn't at his best to say 'he is no where near the best' is ridiculous, especially given Baines's defensive frailties.

Err, yeh...some are all "fuck him", "get rid if he doesn't want to play", "his mind is obviously somewhere else"...etc etc

Paraphrasing of course.

But how does anyone know his mind is elsewhere?

For me, the danger lies in what could happen from January onwards if he decided to leave next summer, making sure he doesn't suffer any injury that could affect his summer move and pulls out of games at the slightest twinge in a muscle  (see Michael Owen in our relegation season).  Basically, the worry is that he wouldn't put the effort into games because he wouldn't want to jeopardise a future move.

I'm not saying that it will happen, just that it could, and has happened in the past, and for that reason I'd rather take the money now & reinvest it in another player.

can't believe you picked me up on that. many players are high profile because they're very good. and we should be looking for one of those.

many players  are high profile and are nowhere near as good as their profile would suggest. how high profile was enrique when we first signed him ?

http://www.lavanguardia.com/deportes/futbol/20110609/54167709212/el-representante-de-jose-enrique-niega-contactos-con-el-barca.html

Salvador Sanchez, brother and agent of Newcastle left-back Jose Enrique, has said he's had no contact from Barcelona over the services of the defender from Valencia. "We know nothing about it, only what has been written in the press", the player's agent told La Vanguardia.com.

The name of Jose Enrique has came up in the past few days as a possibility to reinforce Barcelona next season. Still though, Salvador Sanchez explained that the player "has not yet considered" a change of scenery because, as yet, nothing has materialised with the Catalan club or Liverpool, the other club linked with the footballer.

@SkyBet_Jonathan: What a transfer kitty for Barca to spend! Pep's men are 1/2 favourites to snap up Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal, 1/4 favs to buy Guiseppe Rossi from Villarreal and 11/10 to sign up Newcastle's Jose Enrique.

http://www.lavanguardia.com/deportes/futbol/20110609/54167709212/el-representante-de-jose-enrique-niega-contactos-con-el-barca.html

Salvador Sanchez, brother and agent of Newcastle left-back Jose Enrique, has said he's had no contact from Barcelona over the services of the defender from Valencia. "We know nothing about it, only what has been written in the press", the player's agent told La Vanguardia.com.

The name of Jose Enrique has came up in the past few days as a possibility to reinforce Barcelona next season. Still though, Salvador Sanchez explained that the player "has not yet considered" a change of scenery because, as yet, nothing has materialised with the Catalan club or Liverpool, the other club linked with the footballer.

Interesting update there.

Salvador Sanchez explained that the player "has not yet considered" a change of scenery because, as yet, nothing has materialised with the Catalan club or Liverpool, the other club linked with the footballer

Strange that. I had assumed that Liverpool would have sounded Enrique's people out by now if there was interest.

I'd be pretty honoured to see him go off and play for this barca team, one of the greatest in football history without doubt.

eurgh, honoured? the only thing i'd be thinking about is who's gonna play left back for us next season

I'd be pretty honoured to see him go off and play for this barca team, one of the greatest in football history without doubt.

eurgh, honoured? the only thing i'd be thinking about is who's gonna play left back for us next season

U r amazing lyk. Propa toon fan, pure black and White.

Guest icemanblue

U r amazing lyk. Propa toon fan, pure black and White.

Black and White super fan alert.

Perhaps, but he's right. I'd be thinking the same, too.