José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Club simply have to give him 48 hrs to suggest what his intentions are.

then what, transfer list him so his price drops even further ?

Not 48 hours for a decision but for contact, he cannot just fkn ignore them

Not 48 hours for a decision but for contact, he cannot just fkn ignore them

he can and seemingly is.

The next decision will define the rest of his career, so I can understand him wanting to take his time.

I actually think he'll struggle to get an offer from a bigger club, or one with better prospects. He may get an opportunity but those clubs might well have other targets who they prefer to go for at this early stage.

Providing he's happy with the club and the area, he'd be as well to throw in his lot with us. I certainly don't think he'll get an offer from a risk-free mega-club eg Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Arsenal etc

The other headlines this has generated

:D

Alan Pardew pessimistic over future of Liverpool target Jose Enrique: It looks ...

Goal.com - Mark Fordham - ‎24 minutes ago‎

Pardew plays Enrique waiting game

Soccerway - ‎4 minutes ago‎

Enrique may not sign new deal ESPN

Magpies hit Enrique impasse Belfast Telegraph

Newcastle losing battle to keep Enrique

MirrorFootball.co.uk - ‎21 minutes ago

The other headlines this has generated

:D

Alan Pardew pessimistic over future of Liverpool target Jose Enrique: It looks ...

Goal.com - Mark Fordham - ‎24 minutes ago‎

Pardew plays Enrique waiting game

Soccerway - ‎4 minutes ago‎

Enrique may not sign new deal ESPN

Magpies hit Enrique impasse Belfast Telegraph

Newcastle losing battle to keep Enrique

MirrorFootball.co.uk - ‎21 minutes ago

:frantic:

Personally, I reckon he wants to leave but let's give him some time to "rethink." I think a decision will be made certainly before pre-season.

I'm sure we could give him some sort of clause similar to what we've supposedly offered Nolan, but whereby if he signs a long-term deal and we don't finish 7th or higher or whatever, he can leave for a fixed price.

^ this sounds very reasonable imo.

He clearly wants to leave. It's now just a question of whether we can get a fee for him. Most likely, no one else will be offering what we're paying at present, so, like Barton, he'll run down his current lucrative contract and then leave on a Bosman.

He clearly wants to leave. It's now just a question of whether we can get a fee for him. Most likely, no one else will be offering what we're paying at present, so, like Barton, he'll run down his current lucrative contract and then leave on a Bosman.

Fine. We get him for one more season then.

As harsh as it might sound I think the best thing the club could do is give him a deadline in the near future, if he hasn't made his mind up by then go out and sign M'Bengue and tell Jose he should find another club.

No, what you do then is nothing. You wait til a vulture swoops in the last 24hrs of the window then play until Xmas with no recognised left back.

Case very clearly of the tail wanting to wag the dog. It can't be allowed to happen.

The last thing i want to happen is to have no left back come september. IF we lose Jose it doesn't matter what money we get for him, what matters is that we have replaced him.

It's hard enough replacing someone who wants to leave, let alone replacing someone who won't make his mind up. I like Jose but it's on our terms, not his.

As harsh as it might sound I think the best thing the club could do is give him a deadline in the near future, if he hasn't made his mind up by then go out and sign M'Bengue and tell Jose he should find another club.

That's not harsh imo. It's just fair.

He's had enough time to decide on whether what to do and his agent should know if there are clubs interested in him by now.

That's not harsh imo. It's just fair.

He's had enough time to decide on whether what to do and his agent should know if there are clubs interested in him by now.

:sadnod:

Will the club want to pay two top class left backs for a full season in the event Enrique decides he's going to see out his contract?

Will the club want to pay two top class left backs for a full season in the event Enrique decides he's going to see out his contract?

That's an incredibly unlikely scenario TBH.

There will be plenty of suitors for him and he's already "undecided" at best.

He'll regret leaving. No idea why just can feel it. Like all the other guys who have bailed on the club. Given, Oba, Owen, Habib Beye, Bassong have all argubly done fuck all since they left and got shitter or are in worse situations now that they were with us.

He'll regret leaving. No idea why just can feel it. Like all the other guys who have bailed on the club. Given, Oba, Owen, Habib Beye, Bassong have all argubly done fuck all since they left and got shitter or are in worse situations now that they were with us.

Owen? He just won a medal for doing what he loves. Which is fuck all, admittedly, but he seems happy enough. Duff also seems to be better off.