José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Just trying to turn the fans against one of our best players tbh. Again.

Do you really believe the club operate this level of PR control? Can't see it myself, and I can't see journalists buying into it when Enrique or his representatives could easily refute it.

Do you really believe the club operate this level of PR control? Can't see it myself, and I can't see journalists buying into it when Enrique or his representatives could easily refute it.

I do, pardue is a puppet of the regime, manipulate the fans so they all think jose is a tosser then they wont all kick off when he is sold and Ashely trousers the cash.

I do, pardue is a puppet of the regime, manipulate the fans so they all think jose is a tosser then they wont all kick off when he is sold and Ashely trousers the cash.

i think your giving them way too much credit in their ability to control the media

Because Pardew obviously hates the idea of Jose signing a new contract? Got it.

I doubt Pardew has much of a say in it. Just like with Carroll, I'd imagine he wants to keep the best players at the club because it makes his job easier. He's just the one shoved out in front of the media to explain things.

Not noticed that everyone who leaves the club is a greedy cunt? It works.

More slagging off his own players in the press, tremendous.

How do you know he's going to slag him off? He might just say Jose doesn't want to sign a contract...then Jose could just as easily say that's bollocks. But I doubt he will.

Obviously I don't know the truth, but it just seems far-fetched that this level of spin is going on. Maybe I'm naive.

Thing is, all it would take is Enrique to say he wants to sign or even he wants to talk, and everyone would take his side anyway.

More slagging off his own players in the press, tremendous.

How do you know he's going to slag him off? He might just say Jose doesn't want to sign a contract...then Jose could just as easily say that's bollocks. But I doubt he will.

He was slagging him off yesterday. "Oooohh Enrique won't talk to me!" Be professional and keep any issues fully behind closed doors ffs.

I doubt Pardew has much of a say in it. Just like with Carroll, I'd imagine he wants to keep the best players at the club because it makes his job easier. He's just the one shoved out in front of the media to explain things.

Not noticed that everyone who leaves the club is a greedy c***? It works.

I'm assuming you're referring to Carroll, who our own chairman defended when Newcastle fans had a go at him around the Liverpool game? :lol:

Pardew said Enrique was going to be offered a fantastic contract to stay. Why doesn't Jose or his agent just call him on it if it's a lie?

I don't doubt Pardew was brought in for slight ulterior motives, but not to the extent where he's purposefully severing ties with players in the media so the look like bastards.

There is absolutely no reason to force Jose out the club and make him look the wrong-un, it would make more sense financialy to give him a new contract and sell him in a years time for double the price. The facts seem to point to Enrique just not willing to sign however.

Guest Mantis

It's simple really.  They know he's off, they're happy for him to be off, Pardews so happy to have this job and they will try and make us believe Jose's been offered big money to stay, which he probably hasn't. Not that it would matter, players like Jose with ambition wont stay here.  The regime tries to turn the good guys into bad guys and Mike and Derek are all of a sudden shrewd football men.  Total bollox. 

i think your giving them way too much credit in their ability to control the media

Nah honestly its a jedi mind trick. They are more switched on than you think. sell all the talent trouser the cash then sell the club.

Pardew said Enrique was going to be offered a fantastic contract to stay. Why doesn't Jose or his agent just call him on it if it's a lie?

Perhaps they have a bit of integrity about them.

I think the most likely situation is that Enrique's career here is just drawing to a natural close.

He is coming to the end of his contract at a time when he's simultaneously getting too good for us and reaching an age when he's starting to think about regular international and European football.

Still constantly amazed at the lack of communication inside football clubs like.

A football agent? :lol:

A football agent? :lol:

His brother isn't it?

said Enrique was going to be offered a fantastic contract to stay. Why doesn't Jose or his agent just call him on it if it's a lie?

Or perhaps they hold all the cards and don't have too.

If Pardew has to play dirty so be it, better than sitting back and letting it happen, sure that would go down well if he did so

I don't doubt Pardew was brought in for slight ulterior motives, but not to the extent where he's purposefully severing ties with players in the media so the look like bastards.

There is absolutely no reason to force Jose out the club and make him look the wrong-un, it would make more sense financialy to give him a new contract and sell him in a years time for double the price. The facts seem to point to Enrique just not willing to sign however.

This

Pardew is not getting any sort of answer, which is why he's having to call him out in the media. The least Jose could do is either confirm he's going or commit his future.  Having this drag out over the transfer window will be just a distraction to Pardew's prep. He has every right to do it.

No different to the Ferguson\Rooney episode imo

Or perhaps big nose Thommo was right and the scousers already have this one in the bag. Just the fee to be bartered down as the season draws closer.

Pardew is not getting any sort of answer, which is why he's having to call him out in the media. The least Jose could do is either confirm he's going or commit his future.  Having this drag out over the transfer window will be just a distraction to Pardew's prep. He has every right to do it.

No different to the Ferguson\Rooney episode imo

Isn't there the whole thing where if he asks to leave though he'll miss some sort of loyalty bonus?