José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Mental money if it's suitably reinvested into the first team. Until that happens it's meaningless to me like, sorry.

And since then we've given Tiote a new contract, signed Cabaye, and are in the market for players.

We've been over the Tiote contract, it was obvious that was going to happen in hindsight. He was far better than they expected and so they should revise his terms.

So we've signed one player, by paying the bare minimum we could. I know nothing of the player and hopefully he's great for us, but I doubt we'd have even been in for him had it not been for this clause.

There's ages to go in this transfer window and we'll see. The jury is still out for me, and I'd expect most people including Jose Enrique.

So why's he not telling the club this when we're trying to contact him about his contract to say, "I want to see what players arrive first", or whatever, rather than the silent treatment?

How do you know he hasn't? Do you honestly believe he's just turned his phone off, acting like a child?

I believe he has no interest in signing a new contract, regardless of who we sign.

Mental money if it's suitably reinvested into the first team. Until that happens it's meaningless to me like, sorry.

And since then we've given Tiote a new contract, signed Cabaye, and are in the market for players.

We've been over the Tiote contract, it was obvious that was going to happen in hindsight. He was far better than they expected and so they should revise his terms.

So we've signed one player, by paying the bare minimum we could. I know nothing of the player and hopefully he's great for us, but I doubt we'd have even been in for him had it not been for this clause.

There's ages to go in this transfer window and we'll see. The jury is still out for me, and I'd expect most people including Jose Enrique.

So why's he not telling the club this when we're trying to contact him about his contract to say, "I want to see what players arrive first", or whatever, rather than the silent treatment?

How do you know he hasn't? Do you honestly believe he's just turned his phone off, acting like a child?

I believe he has no interest in signing a new contract, regardless of who we sign.

It's increasingly looking like this :sadnod:.

We're just going around in circles here. All I see is another excellent player possibly leaving the club, the rest I've always said I don't really care too much about. Money in the bank doesn't make me want to go on a Saturday. There's plenty of time to get a replacement but there's plenty of time to sell Tiote as well, the arguments about waiting and seeing work both ways.

We'll see.

There's ages to go in this transfer window and we'll see. The jury is still out for me, and I'd expect most people including Jose Enrique. Being linked to players means nothing if they don't come.

Why does  it make a difference whether we've signed Cabaye because of this clause or not? It just makes good financial sense to exploit such situations and hopefully means that we'll have more money to add other players. You seem to insinuate that because we did not blow the 35M with a huge bid, somehow it is not positive. If anything all fans should support the club making the most of whatever finances we have. 

Money in the bank does fund the players make us want to go on a Saturday though, you're right though, if it's not spent then it's f***ing useless from a fans perspective.

Yup. But we have to give them more than paper talk and longer than two weeks of a transfer window to spend it though.

Like someone said before, let's wait until September 1st, or at least the start of the season. Then we can put a stop to this entire ambition/no ambition/Andy Carroll/greedy c***/transfer request/taking us for a ride/tight c***s/Chris Hughton merry-go-round.

If we don't spend the money and suitably strengthen, then I'll be front of the queue flaming fire-stick and pitch fork in hand.

Bayern have bought Rafinha and want Boateng, so they're out. Barcelona have probably set their sights higher and that pretty much just leaves Liverpool (who are said to be reluctant to pay his wages).

He probably wants to go, but it's no guarantee that somebody wants to get him right now. That's why he hasn't committed yet. He'd like to leave but doesn't want to burn his bridges, just in case he doesn't. Hence the wait. It's annoying, but hopefully Pardew won't make it worse.

Sometimes it seems like people want us to spend money just for the sake of it. To show of some e-peen. I think the board are going the right way about things theese days and they are building a self sufficient club wich will harvest goods for years. Yes some will look at us as a stepping stone for greater things. But is that totally bad? As it is right now we can attract players from france wanting to play for bigger clubs because we show we can let them go there if circumstances appear. But it also allows us to get theese players then rot away like stoke where people go just to hoof it and not play it.

If we suddenly got alot of players, like Lille have done lately, and find us in a good position. We can have a crack at making the CL aswell, and spend abit more on quality to do it. Udinese have made it that way aswell, and sevilla or villareal(not sure about this one)

Interesting reasding, he's a much better attacking LB than some of the best in the business, wile the number of players to dribble past him is over 50% less than the others. There are a few areas he is worse at though like keeping possession (although this is affected by playing for us) and heading.

In tomorrow's papers:

- Interesting/controversial quotes from Pardew on Enrique.

Nothing new really.

Basically; If we don't get into Europe the next couple of years, we will keep on losing our best players.

Guest Antec

In tomorrow's papers:

- Interesting/controversial quotes from Pardew on Enrique.

Nothing new really.

Basically; If we don't get into Europe the next couple of years, we will keep on losing our best players.

The penny has finally dropped for Pardew

Yup.

“We have got to become more competitive as a football club so players like José don’t want to leave. He has Champions League aspirations and he is waiting to see whether anyone who has qualified for that competition is willing to come in for him.

“That is his right and there isn’t much more we can do about it.

“We have tried as hard as we can, in the financial situation we are in, to keep him. We offered him an excellent deal, but he doesn’t seem to be interested in signing it at the moment.

“It is frustrating – but that is the situation we are in.

“It is up to him, but he wants to see what else there is for him.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/

Here's to there being no Champions League club having the slightest bit of interest in the lad. :thup: :lol:

Yep, and we can't let Jose mess us about for the whole window, so I'm hoping the club set him a fair deadline then start really pushing to sell him.

He mustn't be that much in demand or there would already be interest from a top club. Maybe outsiders still don't rate him as highly as we do.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If he comes back on the 4th July and we have a full compliment if players plus cabaye Ba and erding with a few irons in the fire he may look around and think this is actually alright

If he comes back on the 4th July and we have a full compliment if players plus cabaye Ba and erding with a few irons in the fire he may look around and think this is actually alright

True, if you follow on that logic it might also be possible to say we should keep him until next summer anyway, and hope we're more successful and he has a couple of Spain caps by then.

Bit risky obviously.

True, if you follow on that logic it might also be possible to say we should keep him until next summer anyway, and hope we're more successful and he has a couple of Spain caps by then.

Bit risky obviously.

More than a bit risky considering he's set his sights on being at a Champions League club.

I don't think what kind of summer we have etc will make a jot of difference unless nobody comes in for him an he has to set his sights substantially lower frankly.