José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I don't see how we could possibly convince him to stay with our summer activity.

If I'm Jose Enrique I'm looking for a club that could offer me CL football now or at least have a very good chance of doing so in a year's time, because I'm good enough to be starting left-back for such a club.

No matter how much money we spend this summer, we're not going to be that.

Some statty s*** about PL left backs for you http://www.anfieldindex.com/2685/liverpool-fc-transfer-scouting-stats-left-backs.html

http://www.anfieldindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/LeftBack_Defend.png

http://www.anfieldindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/LeftBack_Attack.png

Clichy better nearly everywhere according to that from a defensive point of view. Strange.

I don't see how we could possibly convince him to stay with our summer activity.

If I'm Jose Enrique I'm looking for a club that could offer me CL football now or at least have a very good chance of doing so in a year's time, because I'm good enough to be starting left-back for such a club.

No matter how much money we spend this summer, we're not going to be that.

We're four players away (CM, RM, ST and another winger) from competing for the top six. Spurs got fifth having their strikers combine for something like 3.2 goals in the Premiership. We're not far away. And it's not like we have to spend £10m on each player, too.

Someone to work the channels up front and create space for our midfield to operate.. £6m on Erdinc?

Someone to pass the ball to our midfielders and dictate the game.. £5m on Cabaye done.

Now two midfielders to create havoc. £9m on Zoggy? Yet to be named winger? Barnetta maybe?

We'll also have HBA back, and in six months time he'll be our best player.

Guest palnese

"We're four players away (CM, RM, ST and another winger) from competing for the top six"

Are we fuck.

Guest palnese

Of course we are. How far do you think we're away then? How many players do we need to replace for us to compete with Liverpool and Spurs?

CM,RM, ST and a Winger?

Add a better RB, a better CB partner for Colo. LB first choice and backup (assuming Enrique leaves). We heed two new strikers as well.

It is a squad game. Our bench is fucking awful.

Come on, look at who Liverpool played last year. They had two kids at RB, a RB at LB, Kyrgiakos playing many matches and Carragher starting. I'd take S Taylor over Carragher at this point. Our defence is comparable to theirs. The difference is up front and on the wing.

I've assumed that Enrique stays. If he goes then we need 5 players.

And we won't need two new strikers if we're planning to play 4-5-1. Best is all right as a sub striker. Remember that we'll have Gosling and HBA back. Gosling is a decent squad player who seems to have good control and technique, and HBA is easily, and I mean easily, a top six player.

We're not far away.

We're probably four really good players off having an outside shot at the top six but we're an infinity away from getting anywhere near fourth place. There's a big difference.

If you are challenging for 6th you are a bad season from a top 4 team away from CL football.

Everton have managed it, Spurs managed it, We managed it.

Villa almost got there a few years ago as well

Without City money its nigh on impossible to go into a season thinking you have a good shout of breaking the top 4, but fairly recent history shows that itsnot impossible for a team to gate crash in any given year. Liverpool and Spurs will be hoping for that next year and we should be working to get to that position as well as quickly as possible

Clichy better nearly everywhere according to that from a defensive point of view. Strange.

I counted 5/3 to Clichy, then again he plays for Arsenal and Enrique plays for us so..

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-Newcastle-transfer-news-Stephen-Warnock-1m-target-replace-Liverpool-target-Jose-Enrique-article747931.html

Newcastle want England man to replace Enrique

Published 23:00 15/06/11 By Alan Nixon - EXCLUSIVE

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew wants to sign left-back Stephen Warnock from Aston Villa - to take over from Jose Enrique.

Pardew is trying to get a straight answer out of managerless Villa for the unsettled former England defender, who was left out in the cold under Gerard Houllier.

The Toon are willing to pay around £1million for Warnock - they are trying to keep the fee down to help them afford his wages, which are in the region of £45,000-a-week.

Pardew has made Warnock his first preference - despite being offered Paul Konchesky by Liverpool as part of a deal for Spanish star Enrique.

Kop boss Kenny Dalglish wants Enrique and is closing in on a deal, with the clubs haggling over valuations and possible exchanges.

Warnock is a more straightforward move and Newcastle hope to get the go-ahead once the Brummies sort out their managerial muddle.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-Newcastle-transfer-news-Stephen-Warnock-1m-target-replace-Liverpool-target-Jose-Enrique-article747931.html

Newcastle want England man to replace Enrique

Published 23:00 15/06/11 By Alan Nixon - EXCLUSIVE

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew wants to sign left-back Stephen Warnock from Aston Villa - to take over from Jose Enrique.

Pardew is trying to get a straight answer out of managerless Villa for the unsettled former England defender, who was left out in the cold under Gerard Houllier.

The Toon are willing to pay around £1million for Warnock - they are trying to keep the fee down to help them afford his wages, which are in the region of £45,000-a-week.

Pardew has made Warnock his first preference - despite being offered Paul Konchesky by Liverpool as part of a deal for Spanish star Enrique.

Kop boss Kenny Dalglish wants Enrique and is closing in on a deal, with the clubs haggling over valuations and possible exchanges.

Warnock is a more straightforward move and Newcastle hope to get the go-ahead once the Brummies sort out their managerial muddle.

Just don't, Dave. Don't.