José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

It's been inevitable (if true) for some time now, but it still feels like another dagger in the back from Mike Ashley. The asset stripping of Newcastle United continues apace - Tiote is bound to be next, even before the end of the month.

Full expect Stephen Warnock or Wayne Bridge brought into the club to replace him. A has been to replace a quality player. :(

Why ? we havent signed a player of that age at all for ages, it'll be a young un, just not a ready one is my fear.

Who else is available this close to the start of the season? Which quality younger player is going to come and sign for the club given what's happened over the last couple of weeks?

Guest bimpy474

Why ? we havent signed a player of that age at all for ages, it'll be a young un, just not a ready one is my fear.

We signed somebody older during the last window.

I'm not counting Campbell, he was back up, the player we sign will be first choice.

I think even though it was always going to happen i think it just still hurts alot cus Enrique was such a well liked player, plus the fact most of us couldn't stand the idea of him going to liverpool and would have preferred almost anyone else. I still cnt get my head around the idea that 4 of our best/key players from last season are now gone. Just doesn't make sense.

I get the feeling because they were all a close bunch and went down together and came up with Hughton that they never really gave Pardew the time of day and obviously ashley/pardew/llambias? didnt like it and has fucked them off out the club. Cunts the lot of them!

Maybe deserving of its own thread, but:

Without descending into a slanging match, what reason is there for fans not to boycott the club financially at this point?

Unless you think Ashley's is on course to sell-up soon, and these last few horrible transfers are the price we are paying to achieve this - I don't see why fans would pump money into the arsehole's account.

I understand the perspective that fans care about the club, even if the owner is a twat - but without getting rid of him the fans have no club of their own. The club can never push on to what the fans want. It'll be undermined at every stage - everything else is just a stall.

Sometimes to create you have to destroy, and all that?

Level-headed sensible replies only please. ;)

Without descending into a slanging match, what reason is there for fans not to boycott the club financially at this point?

Because there are still players going out on that pitch every week that we have to prove that we are the best fans in the world to.

Guest bimpy474

It's been inevitable (if true) for some time now, but it still feels like another dagger in the back from Mike Ashley. The asset stripping of Newcastle United continues apace - Tiote is bound to be next, even before the end of the month.

Full expect Stephen Warnock or Wayne Bridge brought into the club to replace him. A has been to replace a quality player. :(

Who else is available this close to the start of the season? Which quality younger player is going to come and sign for the club given what's happened over the last couple of weeks?

Do you know whats happening at Milan, Monaco, Lille, Porto, Benfica, Munich, nah me neither, oversees players wont look at us in that way, they will see a pay rise and the premiership.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not counting Campbell, he was back up, the player we sign will be first choice.

I'm not counting Campbell either, Shefki Kuqi was 34 when we signed him.

Kuqi, he didn't count at all, permanent long term transfers you nagging git :)

;)

Do you know whats happening at Milan, Monaco, Lille, Porto, Benfica, Munich, nah me neither, oversees players wont look at us in that way, they will see a pay rise and the premiership.

Erdinc didn't.

Because there are still players going out on that pitch every week that we have to prove that we are the best fans in the world to.

With due respect, isn't that somewhat akin to the action of a pissing contest? "We're here supporting with our money no matter what" - irrespective of action which may represent a greater good for the club?

Unless you think Ashley's is on course to sell-up soon, and these last few horrible transfers are the price we are paying to achieve this - I don't see why fans would pump money into the arsehole's account.

I understand the perspective that fans care about the club, even if the owner is a twat - but without getting rid of him the fans have no club of their own. The club can never push on to what the fans want. It'll be undermined at every stage - everything else is just a stall.

As others have said before, a fan boycott of games won't happen because people love going to the match. Folk can stop buying pies and beer inside the group, but I feel in that respect that not enough people care or are that bothered to stop. We can only hope that if the plan is for him to sell the club once it's been stripped bare, it happens soon. To make £60million (assuming The Mail are right) in transfers over the last 4 years is staggering and if people want to know what his intentions are, it's a pretty big marker.

Guest Craig-NUFC

I understand the perspective that fans care about the club, even if the owner is a t*** - but without getting rid of him the fans have no club of their own. The club can never push on to what the fans want. It'll be undermined at every stage - everything else is just a stall.

I could never see a boyco(u)tt happening for a few reasons. The main points are, you have to convince a hell of a lot of people to not going to games and convince season ticket holders not to use their ticket that they just spent a lot of money on. There's also the fact that everyone will run back and forget about pre-season as soon as the club starts winning games.

Guest bimpy474

Erdinc didn't.

Possibly because he is at one of the richest clubs in the world ? and wants to be part of that.

I mean teams like Toulouse, Braga, Wolfsburg etc