José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

er why the sudden manic depression, this has been coming for 6 months and we all knew he was going to go

I think it's a culmination of the timing (with the Barton shit going on) and the realisation that he's actually being sold now. To Liverpool who many despise.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Hughton's sacking, his rather less than thrilling successor, the sale of our best striker without replacement and simply not believing them saying it would be reinvested. All of those things have played a part in pissing off a number of our senior players. And that's before the club captain, top scorer and inspirational leader was sold, and just recently our player of the year being released.

Beyond me how some just can't seem to grasp why a number of our players are or have been unhappy with the way the club is being run. And not only that, they totally ignore said reasons and just concentrate on slagging off anyone who decides their career would be better served elsewhere.

:sadnod:

It's easier for the simpletons to blame the players, that way they can carry on as if everything in the club is great.

I'm yet to see any post on this forum stick up for Ashley and act as if the club is great. There are people who are blaming the board and the players, rather than just Ashley. I find that the 'simpletons' are those who are acting like you're either against Ashley and for the players, or for Ashley and a 'symphasiser.' Personally, I can't stand the people running our club, but the players aren't really helping things. Carroll could have refused to go to Liverpool if he really wanted, Nolan could have lowered his wage demands if he wanted to stay so badly, Barton could have stopped being a general twat and Enrique could have said that he wants out rather than stringing people along for 6 months.

Fully expected it. When you've a money orientated owner the thought of keeping a player for a season and losing the fee does not compute.

it des when you let barton go on a free

Hughton's sacking, his rather less than thrilling successor, the sale of our best striker without replacement and simply not believing them saying it would be reinvested. All of those things have played a part in pissing off a number of our senior players. And that's before the club captain, top scorer and inspirational leader was sold, and just recently our player of the year being released.

Beyond me how some just can't seem to grasp why a number of our players are or have been unhappy with the way the club is being run. And not only that, they totally ignore said reasons and just concentrate on slagging off anyone who decides their career would be better served elsewhere.

Nolan was sold this summer, Barton has been released this summer, and the Carroll money has not been invested adequately this summer. All of that has occured this summer (bar the Houghton sacking), yet Jose has looked like a player who has wanted out for the past 8 months at the very least, something that turned into a running gag on here but imo had some substance. I have very little doubt that his mind was made up long before this summer's "inactivity", which has merely turned out to be a very convenient excuse where he can turn round and say "it's not me who wants out, it's the owner/chairman who is forcing me out!!!". Said at the time that his most recent twitter outburst looked like being an attempt to force a sale without handing a transfer request in, i.e. rip into the owner knowing full well what he's like, and given what the Star has said about the price dropping (yes, I know it's the Star), nothing about that opinion has changed on this front.

There's nothing wrong with him wanting out, I'm sure Liverpool with their new owners are going to be offering him a much better contract than what we can afford to pay him, and that is almost certainly the biggest factor here. But the way he's done it has been a tad pathetic, especially this outburst - where's the transfer request, Jose?

I don't see what's wrong with both "sides" of the debate being correct here. IMO the club is being run by utter twats who have no idea what they're doing and have no qualms with lying to fans about things (and most likely are happy to mislead fans regarding "pursuits" of various transfer targets, e.g. Zog), yet at the same time the likes of Barton, Nolan and Enrique have used the board's incompetence to further their own selfish agenda, an agenda which involves bullshitting to the fans about things like their desire to stay here.

er why the sudden manic depression, this has been coming for 6 months and we all knew he was going to go

I think it's a culmination of the timing (with the Barton shit going on) and the realisation that he's actually being sold now. To Liverpool who many despise.

yeah the timing re barton is shit and I would rather he'd have gone elsewhere but since he wants out theres little point keeping him, don't like it at all but its the nature of the game now.

Don't expect people to be happy but the manic depression is going a bit far imho

:sadnod:

It's easier for the simpletons to blame the players, that way they can carry on as if everything in the club is great.

I'm yet to see any post on this forum stick up for Ashley and act as if the club is great. There are people who are blaming the board and the players, rather than just Ashley. I find that the 'simpletons' are those who are acting like you're either against Ashley and for the players, or for Ashley and a 'symphasiser.' Personally, I can't stand the people running our club, but the players aren't really helping things. Carroll could have refused to go to Liverpool if he really wanted, Nolan could have lowered his wage demands if he wanted to stay so badly, Barton could have stopped being a general twat and Enrique could have said that he wants out rather than stringing people along for 6 months.

Call me naive but in Enrique's case I genuinely believe he was willing to see if the club stuck to their word and significantly improved the squad by investing the Carroll money (which incidentally could have been used to offer Enrique a better deal if they wanted to go down that route). He clearly wasn't sure at the time and now we all know his real feelings on our business so far.

Let's say you're right though and he's just been a wanker stringing it out, what possible benefit would that have for the player? It would only damage his potential market value, and from his perspective that could even be a good thing if it opens more doors.

Nolan was sold this summer, Barton has been released this summer, and the Carroll money has not been invested adequately this summer. All of that has occured this summer, yet Jose has looked like a player who has wanted out for the past 8 months at the very least, something that turned into a running gag on here but imo had some substance. I have very little doubt that his mind was made up long before this summer's "inactivity", which has merely turned out to be a very convenient excuse where he can turn round and say "it's not me who wants out, it's the owner/chairman who is forcing me out!!!". Said at the time that his most recent twitter outburst looked like being an attempt to force a sale without handing a transfer request in, i.e. rip into the owner knowing full well what he's like, and given what the Star has said about the price dropping (yes, I know it's the Star), nothing about that opinion has changed on this front.

Do you not think that it entirely plausible, nay probable, that the reason Enrique wanted out for such a long time was because he knew earlier than the fans/the public/the media what Ashley was and how little ambition he had for the club? So rather than this summer being the excuse, as you suggest, it is the inexorable next phase of the plan which he knew when Hughton was sacked and Carroll was sold etc

In terms of fact pattern, that fits better than what you're suggesting IMO. Really don't see how someone who gave his heart and soul sticking it out with us during our CC season can reasonably face such unjustified criticism.

the three main eople who delivered last season. Jose, Barton and Nolan - GONE.    I am waiting til tiote is next.

I know I'm a big lad now and all that, but we've almost shifted four of my "main" favourite players (Tiote and Coloccini being the others) in just over six months.

That is worse than shite as a football fan.

As daft as it may sound, but just really to put it on some sort of scale for perspective here, it's more-or-less the equivalent of us selling four of Beardo, Ferdinand, Ginola, Albert, Lee and Gillespie from the 95/96 team, or four of Shearer, Bellamy, Robert, Solano, Woodgate and Given from the 02/03 team (two of my other favourite periods)...

In six months.

I am fully expecting this to be denied by them or us by tea time.

Then happen anyway aye?

Aye much nearer deadline day

Profit

Followed by the "It was too late to get a replacement in etc etc"

Waiting for Kaka and all the other Ashley-supporters to come and blame this one on the player too.

:lol:

He was always away man, we can't keep a player that wants bigger and better things.

Does that go the same for Carroll & Nolan too ?

Waiting for Kaka and all the other Ashley-supporters to come and blame this one on the player too.

He was always away man, we can't keep a player that wants bigger and better things.

Ever wondered why he wanted bigger and better things?

Does that go the same for Carroll & Nolan too ?

Carroll yes, Nolan no.