José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest icemanblue

We should be actively securing a replacement already. It's certain he will leave, so there can be no excuses.

We should be actively securing a replacement already. It's certain he will leave, so there can be no excuses.

I still reckon M'Bengue is are repacement plan. The reported bid at the start was probably just a test the water bid to see how much they wanted. Then we will probably hold out for a bid for Enrique that can cover that + a bit of profit for Ashley.

Absolutely, actually this should have been the approach weeks ago. But you called it, it's a cert to happen he'll leave on the last day perhaps in the last hour of the window and we'll be fed the line that there was no time to find a replacement, we'll be trawling through the free transfer lists in september look for Olli Bernard again.

I still reckon M'Bengue is are repacement plan. The reported bid at the start was probably just a test the water bid to see how much they wanted. Then we will probably hold out for a bid for Enrique that can cover that + a bit of profit for Ashley.

¨

Would be happy with M'Bengue. He has the potential to become a top class LB.

Yes indeed, but that would involve the gift of 'foresight', something these twats simply don't have.

Guest ykmkmdd

Sod a replacement plan we need a new left back regardless of whether Enrique goes or not. If he does go we need 2.

Think Ferguson is fine as backup if Enrique stays. Very, very Big IF of course.

Sod a replacement plan we need a new left back regardless of whether Enrique goes or not. If he does go we need 2.

Think Ferguson is fine as backup if Enrique stays. Very, very Big IF of course.

I'd rather see him continue on the left wing than left back, I don't believe Pardew agrees with me though.

No concrete offers?

Obviously trying to cut out the middleman on the next lot of ground repairs, the builders are obviously right rip off merchants on materials. :eek:

Pardew himself has said on so many occasions that it looks like Jose will be off and is pessimistic he will stay. So it would be either stupid or tight in the extreme if they are not looking to bring someone in because no firm bid has come in.

No concrete offers, will start against Fiorentina.

Good news

Indeed it is, but the Fiorentina game is probably Jose's swansong :undecided:

That's how I see it. I know he's dicked us around a lot with the whole contract issue, but I hope he's given a good send off for everything he's done for us.

So long, gaaaayboy!

Guest taps01

Will do well at Liverpool.

Got a link?

I edited my post as I didn't have one. I do now!

Liverpool have reportedly agreed a fee with Newcastle of £10m for the services of Spanish defender Jose Enrique.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/08/04/Defender-deal-agreed/gnid-102938/

I dont doubt he will join Liverpool but there is nothing new in that report that we havent seen elsewhere in the past 48 hours.