José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

The notion of Ashley haggling over his fee is laughable. We'll accept a derisory offer of about 5 or 6 million, send him on his way and replace him on the cheap IF we're lucky. More likely is to stick young Ferguson back in there and keep the cash in the bank.

We know how he works.

Ashley's regime has generally been pretty good at getting decent fee's to be fair.

In some cases they've done really well. :thup:

Enrique's contract situation is the decisive thing here though. He won't let him go for nothing next summer and will take whatever is offered for him imo.

No doubt he'll be off. Pardew keeps talking about a plan in place if he leaves. Have to assume he has someone lined up, so if it doesnt happen he will be slaughtered. However, i dont think he'd keep reiterating it if he wasnt confident.

The notion of Ashley haggling over his fee is laughable. We'll accept a derisory offer of about 5 or 6 million, send him on his way and replace him on the cheap IF we're lucky. More likely is to stick young Ferguson back in there and keep the cash in the bank.

We know how he works.

Ashley's regime has generally been pretty good at getting decent fee's to be fair.

Enrique's contract situation is the decisive thing here though. He won't let him go for nothing next summer and will take whatever is offered for him imo.

No doubt he'll be off. Pardew keeps talking about a plan in place if he leaves. Have to assume he has someone lined up, so if it doesnt happen he will be slaughtered. However, i dont think he'd keep reiterating it if he wasnt confident.

That's where we disagree. I think his 'replacement' is already here - Ferguson. No need to spend cash and it gives one of the young lads a chance which fans approve of. Doesn't always work out but the fans will swallow it until Jan.

We know how he works.

That's where we disagree. I think his 'replacement' is already here - Ferguson. No need to spend cash and it gives one of the young lads a chance which fans approve of. Doesn't always work out but the fans will swallow it until Jan.

Totally agree with you. Especially as we've now signed another winger.

We know how he works.

Predicted this weeks ago and it's no surprise that it looks like that's how it will pan out.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would hope that once a fee is close to being agreed we have a bid accepted for his replacement.

This would show foresight, planning and if the replacement is a good replacement, an ounce of ambition.

However...................

We know how he works.

I really dont think so. Pardew was reluctant to even give games to Fergie up until the end of the season. Cant see him being happy going into a new season with an untested youngster. Especially with no back up. Im fairly confident we'll bring someone in and Fergie will be back up.

We know how he works.

Predicted this weeks ago and it's no surprise that it looks like that's how it will pan out.

Yep. Solves a problem without risking any cash. If it works he's a genius, if it doesn't then he gave Ferguson a chance to establish himself.

We know how he works.

I really dont think so. Pardew was reluctant to even give games to Fergie up until the end of the season. Cant see him being happy going into a new season with an untested youngster. Especially with no back up. Im fairly confident we'll bring someone in and Fergie will be back up.

That left hand side of Enrique and Jonas worked well for 2 seasons and Pardew would have been criticised had he dropped one or the other. Ferguson has bided his time and he'll get his chance I reckon. Could be wrong but we'll soon see.

We know how he works.

That left hand side of Enrique and Jonas worked well for 2 seasons and Pardew would have been criticised had he dropped one if the other. Ferguson has bided his time and he'll get his chance I reckon. Could be wrong but we'll soon see.

Wasnt there a point when Enrique was injured though and he opted to play someone else ahead of Fergie saying he wasnt ready?

I just think if that was only the 2nd half of lasy season, I cant see him going into a new one with only Fergie and no back up. Like you say though, we'll see in the next few weeks. Glad when the window is closed.

Ah after we have thrashed Arsenal, Sunderland and Fulham in a superb outstanding manner Jose will sign his new deal before the close of the window.

:D

Welcome to my delusion, leave room for Ian W

Who cares about the fee.. Whatever someone is willing to pay for Enrique is not going to be spent to improve the squad anyway so would rather keep him for this season and let him leave on a free when his contract runs out.

Get a grip man..Of course he'll improve the squad..He's amply proven that already. That's why we need the money for Enrique, so we're able to buy a PROPER replacement. Besides, if he wants to sell the club, he'll get much more for it if the squad is full of prospects and is fighting in the upper tier of the table. From this perspective, he got every incentive to plow the money he earns from player sales back into the team.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3222/unledhjc.png

So a French international in Cabaye isn't a reinforcement? He's cheaper and better than Nolan..BA is better than Shola, and his stats are impressive. .MA managed to haggle over Nolan, Carroll and Routledge's fees.We  got more than they're worth imo. You're so fucking negative that you refuse to see the positive aspects that actually are happening.

We've brought in nearly £40m in transfer fees this calendar year and yet we need to sell Enrique to be able to afford a replacement. Fucking hilarious man.

Who cares about the fee.. Whatever someone is willing to pay for Enrique is not going to be spent to improve the squad anyway so would rather keep him for this season and let him leave on a free when his contract runs out.

Get a grip man..Of course he'll improve the squad..He's amply proven that already. That's why we need the money for Enrique, so we're able to buy a PROPER replacement. Besides, if he wants to sell the club, he'll get much more for it if the squad is full of prospects and is fighting in the upper tier of the table. From this perspective, he got every incentive to plow the money he earns from player sales back into the team.

So a French international in Cabaye isn't a reinforcement? He's cheaper and better than Nolan..BA is better than Shola, and his stats are impressive. .MA managed to haggle over Nolan, Carroll and Routledge's fees.We  got more than they're worth imo. You're so f***ing negative that you refuse to see the positive aspects that actually are happening.

We've brought in nearly £40m in transfer fees this calendar year and yet we need to sell Enrique to be able to afford a replacement. f***ing hilarious man.

Exactly, not forgetting season ticket money, sponsors and TV money.

Lying cunts.

So a French international in Cabaye isn't a reinforcement? He's cheaper and better than Nolan..BA is better than Shola, and his stats are impressive. .MA managed to haggle over Nolan, Carroll and Routledge's fees.We  got more than they're worth imo. You're so fucking negative that you refuse to see the positive aspects that actually are happening.

We've brought in nearly £40m in transfer fees this calendar year and yet we need to sell Enrique to be able to afford a replacement. Fucking hilarious man.

I could understand not getting a replacement in if we were confident of keeping Enrique, but we clearly aren't according to everything Pardew has said to this point. Part of the reason I still believe Ferguson is the back up option stupidly risky though that seems..

Liverpool priced out of a move for FC Porto left-back Alvaro Pereira ...

bettor.com (blog) - Michael Anderson - ‎15 minutes ago‎

Liverpool have now to have turned their attention to Newcastle United's Jose Enrique and are believed to be in advanced negotiations after presenting the Magpies with an €8 million offer for the Spanish U-21 International.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Liverpool-priced-out-of-a-move-for-FC-Porto-left-back-Alvaro-Pereira-Portuguese-Primeira-Liga-News-a89196

So a French international in Cabaye isn't a reinforcement? He's cheaper and better than Nolan..BA is better than Shola, and his stats are impressive. .MA managed to haggle over Nolan, Carroll and Routledge's fees.We  got more than they're worth imo. You're so fucking negative that you refuse to see the positive aspects that actually are happening.

Ma has always said that wages have to be considered as a part of the picture when calculating how much of  the £35 mill from Carroll is used. I'm pretty sure that Mav and Cabaye are both on 40 000 a week, minimum. Over five years, that's £20 mill on two players, in salaries only..On top of that we have sign on- (Mav and Ba)agent fees (Mav, Ba and Cabaye) . And you're forgetting that we actually had a £10 mill bid for Gameiro accepted.   With the current economical climate in USA and Europe,   our current debt situation and turnover vs salary ratio I think MA's conservative spending is a wise approach.

I'm pretty sure that we have a replacement for Enrique ready. Everything depends on him. We cannot use £5-6 on Mbenge and paying him £40 a week without selling Enrique first. What if Enrique decides to finish his contract? Then one of them has to be benched. That is a luxury(sportingly and economically) we cannot afford. And it's not a solution neither Enriqe and Mbenge are satisfied with.

This salary shit has been a joke on here this summer. Can't believe we've been reduced to including five-year contract estimations into player acquisitions. Do we have no other regular income to cover those costs year-on-year like?

It's not like the players who have left have been playing for free either. Nolan and Routledge out versus Cayabe and Marveaux in is fairly even I'd have thought...

Smoke and mirrors man. Any excuse is trotted out and some people swallow the lot.

£20m in wages.... Give the fuck over.

You talk as though we don't bring in any annual income besides player sales.

Of course we do, but the problem is still that we're paying too much salaries compared to what we get in. The player wages are so high, that a couple of high earners that  contribute with little on the pitch can fuck up the club's economy..Right now we have three of them: Barton and Smith are earning £60 a week, and Xisco £50.  Barton has either been injured or acting like an idiot most seasons, except one.Smith has always been shit. Those two has in sum robbed the club for £31 mill. And of course, we have Xisco who'll probably net a cool £13 during his stay with us. And we had Owen, Viduka and Martins too..All three, very expensive flops. All these errors on the transfer market (combined with some administrative fuck ups) put the club in a serious debt situation, that is not instantly fixed. It will take time to turn this club around, a reality some of you refuse to accept.

You talk as though we don't bring in any annual income besides player sales.

Of course we do, but the problem is still that we're paying too much salaries compared to what we get in. The player wages are so high, that a couple of high earners that  contribute with little on the pitch can fuck up the club's economy..Right now we have three of them: Barton and Smith are earning £60 a week, and Xisco £50.  Barton has either been injured or acting like an idiot most seasons, except one.Smith has always been shit. Those two has in sum robbed the club for £31 mill. And of course, we have Xisco who'll probably net a cool £13 during his stay with us. And we had Owen, Viduka and Martins too..All three, very expensive flops. All these errors on the transfer market (combined with some administrative fuck ups) put the club in a serious debt situation, that is not instantly fixed. It will take time to turn this club around, a reality some of you refuse to accept.

Fucking £12.50 too much if you ask me.