José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Roger Kint

give away at that price!

f***ing joke tbh, especially since the deal has allegedly been held up due to Ashley 'digging his heels in'.

Jesus, Jose, anywhere but f***ing Liverpool.

Eh? Ashley digging his heels in? Isnt that called trying to get the best deal? What a f***ing arsehole making sure he doesnt get totally ripped off. With add ons it will be a good fee just accept it and move on.

give away at that price!

f***ing joke tbh, especially since the deal has allegedly been held up due to Ashley 'digging his heels in'.

Eh? Ashley digging his heels in? Isnt that called trying to get the best deal? What a f***ing arsehole making sure he doesnt get totally ripped off. With add ons it will be a good fee just accept it and move on.

Clearly you misunderstood what I was saying. What I was trying to say was that £5.5 million is a low price considering Ashley was supposedly hodling out for the best price. I would have thought Ashley would have wanted more. I don't know about you but I think £5.5 mil is cheap, especially when there was talk earlier in the summer of higher sums being banded around.

Guest Roger Kint

give away at that price!

Clearly you misunderstood what I was saying. What I was trying to say was that £5.5 million is a low price considering Ashley was supposedly hodling out for the best price. I would have thought Ashley would have wanted more. I don't know about you but I think £5.5 mil is cheap, especially when there was talk earlier in the summer of higher sums being banded around.

Clearly you missed when i said WITH ADD ONS it will be a good fee.

How do you know there will be add ons?

If the fee with add-ons would come to roughly £6.5-7mil, that would be a good price, I agree. I just would have expected Ashley to be holding out for more is all.

If the fee with add-ons would come to roughly £6.5-7mil, that would be a good price, I agree. I just would have expected Ashley to be holding out for more is all.

If Jose was adamant that he was off and we got no offers over £5.5m, then while it's fair for Ashley to try for more, the market has decided that that is his worth sadly.

Guest Brazilianbob

£5.5m is a cracking fee for a player who can go for nothing next summer.  Would have preferred he go anywhere than the bindippers though. 

However, I cant make my mind up with the logic of our transfer policy.  On the one hand when the financial constraints rule kicks in we should be in a position to live within our means ie turnover should support player purchases and wages, but with liverpool they seem to be gambling by spending big while they can in the hope that it generates success which will in turn increase turnover with the knock on effect of then being able to continuie spending big funded by the increased turnover.  It might work but if it doesnt they could crash and burn.  I will rub my hands with glee when that day finally come because the bindippers are horrible arrogant c*nts when it comes to football. 

Mind you its about the only thing they have got going for them.  Horrible horrible city.  Been all over the country with work and Liverpool city centre at night is the only place I have ever felt unsafe.  Its full of druggies drunks and prostitutes.  Its even got a drop in centre for STD next door to Wetherspoons in the city centre.

If Jose was adamant that he was off and we got no offers over £5.5m, then while it's fair for Ashley to try for more, the market has decided that that is his worth sadly.

:sadnod:

I suppose you're right.

It's just so fucking irksome that those twats are splashing millions and millions on average players like Downing and Henderson and are getting a real bargain in Jose. I know circumstances are different in that Jose could leave for nothing next year, but even Wigan were able to get a good fee for Zog.

Oh, bollocks to it all. I'm bitter. Fucking bitter.

:sadnod:

I suppose you're right.

It's just so f***ing irksome that those twats are splashing millions and millions on average players like Downing and Henderson and are getting a real bargain in Jose. I know circumstances are different in that Jose could leave for nothing next year, but even Wigan were able to get a good fee for Zog.

Oh, bollocks to it all. I'm bitter. f***ing bitter.

Same here...

Didn't we buy him for £6.3mil in 2007? How much better is he now?

£5.5mil is an absolute joke! Must be wrong!

His contract is up next summer, man. If we hang on to him until January that will be halved.

He's out of contract in a year. Clubs are not going to pay millions and millions for an asset they can get for nothing in 12 months time. Think about it, man.

He's out of contract in a year. Clubs are not going to pay millions and millions for an asset they can get for nothing in 12 months time. Think about it, man.

If only there was a bidding war between Arsenal and Liverpool.

Guest Roger Kint

Still a joke like.

Its not though. When it doesnt really matter how much we get over what we will spend who fucking cares, he wants out and he's going thats what matters. Concentrate on those who want to play for us and getting a replacement in.

I keep hearing this argument about him not wanting to play for us. I can't think of any of our players that wouldn't want to go to Liverpool tbh. They're bigger than us, win more, have far more ambition to improve, are far closer to getting into Europe (and have done virtually every year for ages) and pay more. Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?

Tbh it wouldn't matter if we sold him for £5m or £35m.. would rather let him go for nothing and still get a year of football out of him

But still, some are thinking about that £5m playing at left back, or the balance sheet  :fwap: :fwap:

if it is £5.5mil, i cant help thinking this is payback for the £35mil for Carroll...if you bump it up to £10mil for Jose and £30mil odd for Carroll, it makes a little more sense...if Jose was english mind we would have probably got double that...

No shock to anyone so it doesn't feel that bad.

If we don't have a left back for the Arsenal game though it's a total farce.

I keep hearing this argument about him not wanting to play for us. I can't think of any of our players that wouldn't want to go to Liverpool tbh. They're bigger than us, win more, have far more ambition to improve, are far closer to getting into Europe (and have done virtually every year for ages) and pay more. Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?

Marveaux?