José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I keep hearing this argument about him not wanting to play for us. I can't think of any of our players that wouldn't want to go to Liverpool tbh. They're bigger than us, win more, have far more ambition to improve, are far closer to getting into Europe (and have done virtually every year for ages) and pay more. Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?

Marveaux?

By all accounts we simply offered him more money in that instance. Funnily enough, something we 'don't do any more'.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11669_7093105,00.html

Sky Sports sources understand that Liverpool have agreed a fee with Newcastle for Jose Enrique.

The 25-year-old has made it clear he does not want to extend his current contract at St James' Park, which has just one-year left.

A number of clubs had been linked, but Liverpool were always reportedly in pole position and now they have made their move.

It is understood that a fee of £6million has been agreed between the two clubs and Enrique will now travel to Merseyside for a medical.

Newcastle will now be left hunting for a new left-back although they have already expressed an interest in PSV Eindhoven's Erik Pieters.

Guest Roger Kint

I keep hearing this argument about him not wanting to play for us. I can't think of any of our players that wouldn't want to go to Liverpool tbh. They're bigger than us, win more, have far more ambition to improve, are far closer to getting into Europe (and have done virtually every year for ages) and pay more. Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?

Where did i say anything about where he was going? Its been 8 months at least of him avoiding signing a deal but yeah lets ignore that sort of thing. Imo he wanted to leave regardless this summer, the twitter rant was a desperate plea to aid that but not the main reason.

Still hoping for

SSN YELLOW TICKER

"Enrique To Liverpool Deal Falls Apart, players says it does not feel right"

:lol:

:( Farewell Jose. Wish it didn't come to this, but you gave us a good few years.

Where did i say anything about where he was going? Its been 8 months at least of him avoiding signing a deal but yeah lets ignore that sort of thing. Imo he wanted to leave regardless this summer, the twitter rant was a desperate plea to aid that but not the main reason.

If it was that obvious he wants out and always has been it's a fucking joke that we're selling him two days before the start of the season, with nobody else in months ago. All about the coin as per usual, and fuck the team if it suffers.

I didn't just mean you btw.

Guest Roger Kint

Why don't we just call ourselves their f***ing feeder club and be done with it  :facepalm:

Two players in 12 years = Feeder club now

If it was that obvious he wants out and always has been it's a f***ing joke that we're selling him two days before the start of the season, with nobody else in months ago. All about the coin as per usual, and f*** the team if it suffers.

I didn't just mean you btw.

It may well be all smoke and mirrors from the club, but surely we have actually wait for a bid from another team.

I think binnsy recently said Liverpool wanted Clichy and Jose was the back up plan, if this is true then it makes sense that nothing happened until around now.

Guest Big Al

Didn't we buy him for £6.3mil in 2007? How much better is he now?

£5.5mil is an absolute joke! Must be wrong!

He's out of contract in a year. Clubs are not going to pay millions and millions for an asset they can get for nothing in 12 months time. Think about it, man.

Wasn't Zog in his last year under contract at Wigan? He went for 9m. Think about this too.