Reet, so Jose is gone.

Ferguson might not be match fit.

Dummett is injured.

Kadar is often injured.

Tavernier could play at LB.

PERCH BETTER NOT PLAY AT LB.

Simpson at LB?

Taylor at LB?

I keep hearing this argument about him not wanting to play for us. I can't think of any of our players that wouldn't want to go to Liverpool tbh. They're bigger than us, win more, have far more ambition to improve, are far closer to getting into Europe (and have done virtually every year for ages) and pay more. Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?

Where did i say anything about where he was going? Its been 8 months at least of him avoiding signing a deal but yeah lets ignore that sort of thing. Imo he wanted to leave regardless this summer, the twitter rant was a desperate plea to aid that but not the main reason.

If it was that obvious he wants out and always has been it's a f***ing joke that we're selling him two days before the start of the season, with nobody else in months ago. All about the coin as per usual, and f*** the team if it suffers.

I didn't just mean you btw.

It may well be all smoke and mirrors from the club, but surely we have actually wait for a bid from another team.

I think binnsy recently said Liverpool wanted Clichy and Jose was the back up plan, if this is true then it makes sense that nothing happened until around now.

Phil Thompson announced it was pretty much a done deal back in April.

Guest johnson293

I keep hearing this argument about him not wanting to play for us. I can't think of any of our players that wouldn't want to go to Liverpool tbh. They're bigger than us, win more, have far more ambition to improve, are far closer to getting into Europe (and have done virtually every year for ages) and pay more. Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?

Where did i say anything about where he was going? Its been 8 months at least of him avoiding signing a deal but yeah lets ignore that sort of thing. Imo he wanted to leave regardless this summer, the twitter rant was a desperate plea to aid that but not the main reason.

If it was that obvious he wants out and always has been it's a f***ing joke that we're selling him two days before the start of the season, with nobody else in months ago. All about the coin as per usual, and f*** the team if it suffers.

It may well be all smoke and mirrors from the club, but surely we have actually wait for a bid from another team.

I think binnsy recently said Liverpool wanted Clichy and Jose was the back up plan, if this is true then it makes sense that nothing happened until around now.

So why did this 'done deal' take almost another 4 month to complete?

He was always going and Liverpool was always the most likely destination, so although i really didn't want to see him go I'm not surprised.  What would really bother me is if we didn't have a new left back in by the weekend - we have known for months he was off so not to have a replacement lined up would be criminal.  It's not like Carrol where the bid came out of the blue, they have had the entire summer to sort this out

Reet, so Jose is gone.

Dummett is injured.

Kadar is often injured.

Simpson at LB?

Taylor at LB?

Jonas at LB

Moyo at LB.....

:facepalm:

So why did this 'done deal' take almost another 4 month to complete?

Who knows?

Phil Thompson has clearly got strong ties with Liverpool, and the current staff at Liverpool.  It can't be a coincidence he publicly says this and sure enough Enrique ends up over there.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Reet, so Jose is gone.

Dummett is injured.

Kadar is often injured.

Simpson at LB?

Taylor at LB?

Jonas

:mackems:

Wait.

:kinnear:

I don't think it is a case of players not wanting to play for us, I think it is more a case of the foreign lads wanting to further their careers and seeing that isn't going to happen at Newcastle.

Its different with the likes of Barton and Simpson as I think they know Newcastle is the best they're ever going to get. Nolan of course was completely different and I'm still puzzled as to why he joined West Ham when he had at least 1 good year left in the PL.

Guest Roger Kint

I can speak for everyone here when i say our club's spending strategy lacks any form of sense tbh. IMO they expected it sorted early(hence M'Bengue stuff) then when no bids materialised they faced up to him possibly seeing his contract out. The emergance of Pieters shows they(again) reacted late to him leaving so now we look like having Fergie/Perch/Tavernier/Kitman at LB on Saturday.

Certainly cant disagree with your post at all like about the way we are run.

I don't think it is a case of players not wanting to play for us, I think it is more a case of the foreign lads wanting to further their careers and seeing that isn't going to happen at Newcastle.

Its different with the likes of Barton and Simpson as I think they know Newcastle is the best they're ever going to get. Nolan of course was completely different and I'm still puzzled as to why he joined West Ham when he had at least 1 good year left in the PL.

50 thousand reasons a week, for the next five years is why.