José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I keep hearing this argument about him not wanting to play for us. I can't think of any of our players that wouldn't want to go to Liverpool tbh. They're bigger than us, win more, have far more ambition to improve, are far closer to getting into Europe (and have done virtually every year for ages) and pay more. Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?

Marveaux?

By all accounts we simply offered him more money in that instance. Funnily enough, something we 'don't do any more'.

You what? "By all accounts"? What accounts? Most if not all accounts I have read have said nothing of the sort.

As for not being able to see the difference between a player actively wanting to move (preferably to a CL club, but Liverpool will do), and a player who's head might be turned if a bigger club came in for them then I find that fairly surprising.

"Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?" What an absolutely bonkers thing to say. :lol:

Wasn't it contract length or something? Liverpool didn't want to offer him more than a season with a 1 year option, while we offered him 5 years (or something along those lines)?

I keep hearing this argument about him not wanting to play for us. I can't think of any of our players that wouldn't want to go to Liverpool tbh. They're bigger than us, win more, have far more ambition to improve, are far closer to getting into Europe (and have done virtually every year for ages) and pay more. Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?

Marveaux?

By all accounts we simply offered him more money in that instance. Funnily enough, something we 'don't do any more'.

You what? "By all accounts"? What accounts? Most if not all accounts I have read have said nothing of the sort.

As for not being able to see the difference between a player actively wanting to move (preferably to a CL club, but Liverpool will do), and a player who's head might be turned if a bigger club came in for them then I find that fairly surprising.

"Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?" What an absolutely bonkers thing to say. :lol:

Presumably you believe his move to Liverpool broke down at the last minute because he's a crock then, despite it being denied by the player himself.

I hold no ill feeling towards Jose. He was a fantastic player for us and he's shown his class over the past few years. He needs to play for a club that can match his ambition and unfortunately with Ashley in charge we were never going to be that team. Good luck to him.

I hold some ill feeling towards him. He was paid handsomely throughout his time here, had one good season in the Championship, then 6 very good months in the Premiership before his head was turned and he started acting like a prat. The way he practically cut communications with the fans (went from weekly in-depth interviews about the club/players/fans/area/etc to saying f*** all) reaked of agent instructions to maintain radio silence whilst his services were whored out to someone willing to pay him significantly more money. The twitter rant was also pathetic, we let fatty Nolan go and bring in a decent number of players with over half the window remaining and he throws his toys out of the pram.

He's a c***, no different to Owen, or Beye, or any other footballer who sold the fans his PR twaddle then ran as soon as the opportunity arose. I've been calling him a prick/c*** all summer because he turned cold towards the fans as soon as his head was turned, and I'll certainly continue calling him a c*** for as long as he's wearing a Liverpool shirt.

What's more annoying than him going is the fact we haven't got anyone in to replace him.  I mean FFS we got a pretty big hint months ago he wasn't going to be hanging around.  The chance of playing R.Taylor or Simpson at left back on Satruday is just unacceptable, and is yet another fuck up from the board.

I hold no ill feeling towards Jose. He was a fantastic player for us and he's shown his class over the past few years. He needs to play for a club that can match his ambition and unfortunately with Ashley in charge we were never going to be that team. Good luck to him.

I hold some ill feeling towards him. He was paid handsomely throughout his time here, had one good season in the Championship, then 6 very good months in the Premiership before his head was turned and he started acting like a prat. The way he practically cut communications with the fans (went from weekly in-depth interviews about the club/players/fans/area/etc to saying fuck all) reaked of agent instructions to maintain radio silence whilst his services were whored out to someone willing to pay him significantly more money. The twitter rant was also pathetic, we let fatty Nolan go and bring in a decent number of players with over half the window remaining and he throws his toys out of the pram.

He's a cunt, no different to Owen, or Beye, or any other footballer who sold the fans his twaddle then ran as soon as the opportunity arose. I've been calling him a prick/cunt all summer because he turned cold towards the fans as soon as his head was turned, and I'll certainly continue calling him a cunt for as long as he's wearing a Liverpool shirt.

I think you need to grow up and come to terms with the fact that footballers leave clubs from time to time.

Guest Roger Kint

Anyway ONE thing is for sure, he SHOULD NOT be going anywhere UNTIL we have a new LB signed and sealed, our inability to tie yp deals means its nailed on we won't have a new LB for fkn ages.

Bit late now to think about doing it right

Where did i say anything about where he was going? Its been 8 months at least of him avoiding signing a deal but yeah lets ignore that sort of thing. Imo he wanted to leave regardless this summer, the twitter rant was a desperate plea to aid that but not the main reason.

If it was that obvious he wants out and always has been it's a f***ing joke that we're selling him two days before the start of the season, with nobody else in months ago. All about the coin as per usual, and f*** the team if it suffers.

I didn't just mean you btw.

It may well be all smoke and mirrors from the club, but surely we have actually wait for a bid from another team.

I think binnsy recently said Liverpool wanted Clichy and Jose was the back up plan, if this is true then it makes sense that nothing happened until around now.

Phil Thompson announced it was pretty much a done deal back in April.

So why did this 'done deal' take almost another 4 month to complete?

The reason we never got anywhere near keeping him is he knew already he was on a whacking pay rise NUFC would never go to. Quite easily a done deal in April.

Ambition will be a minor factor to the move.

I hold some ill feeling towards him. He was paid handsomely throughout his time here, had one good season in the Championship, then 6 very good months in the Premiership before his head was turned and he started acting like a prat. The way he practically cut communications with the fans (went from weekly in-depth interviews about the club/players/fans/area/etc to saying f*** all) reaked of agent instructions to maintain radio silence whilst his services were whored out to someone willing to pay him significantly more money. The twitter rant was also pathetic, we let fatty Nolan go and bring in a decent number of players with over half the window remaining and he throws his toys out of the pram.

He's a c***, no different to Owen, or Beye, or any other footballer who sold the fans his twaddle then ran as soon as the opportunity arose. I've been calling him a prick/c*** all summer because he turned cold towards the fans as soon as his head was turned, and I'll certainly continue calling him a c*** for as long as he's wearing a Liverpool shirt.

I think you need to grow up and come to terms with the fact that footballers leave clubs from time to time.

He could've came out and been honest still, instead of lying and saying he was waiting until we were safe.

Everyone on here seems to slate Bassong but at least he had the balls to say he wanted out, rather than the likes of Duff and Beye who pledged their loyalty but the weaseled out when the chance arrived.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

They've taken Carroll and Enrique in the space of seven months. :(

Aye but when we're flirting with the champions league places midway through next season, who cares?  :naughty:

Imagine that.  :lol:

Gutted as hell, especially because it's Liverpool again. Good to see him go though, I'd rather him not be here than sulk about and ruin the mood. To give him credit, he stuck with us through the darkest of times instead of jumping ship when we got relegated. He stayed through the season in the championship and helped stabilise us by helping us stay up last season. I feel that Jose felt he had a lot to owe to Newcastle and now he feels that he's paid off his debt and ready to move on. I find it hard to disagree.

He's a c***, no different to Owen, or Beye, or any other footballer who sold the fans his twaddle then ran as soon as the opportunity arose. I've been calling him a prick/c*** all summer because he turned cold towards the fans as soon as his head was turned, and I'll certainly continue calling him a c*** for as long as he's wearing a Liverpool shirt.

He could've came out and been honest still, instead of lying and saying he was waiting until we were safe.

Everyone on here seems to slate Bassong but at least he had the balls to say he wanted out, rather than the likes of Duff and Beye who pledged their loyalty but the weaseled out when the chance arrived.

Small point, but he never said that. Just like he never said he wanted to sign for a Champions League club.

Small point, but he never said that. Just like he never said he wanted to sign for a Champions League club.

Said something similar didn't he?  Or at least his agent did?

You have to have loved before you can truly hate

:lol: :thup:

Cheers Jose, loved you as a player for us, foolishly hoped you might stay. :thup:

Wish nothing but misfortune on your new club.

:thup:

Will miss him really. Always looked assured on the left with him and Jonas there. I'm still fuming at the club for not having lined anyone else up though. It's just not right that we're thinking of sticking Perch/Raylor/Simpson at LB only 2 days before the season starts. Twats.