José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Don't really mind Jose, he is the only one of the recent departures who I believe left for genuine reasons even if he did string us all along for a while regarding a new contract and claimed to want champions league football but left for one that didn't currently have it.

‘The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy (Carroll), Nobby ( Kevin Nolan) etc etc.’

‘This club will never again fight to be among the top 6 again with this policy.’

Still consider him to be a total cunt for this comment. Players should have no right to question their employers so publicly on things like players sales and transfer policies. If the club want to sell high (as all mid-table clubs do), move the dross on and then instead of spending big on replacements, opt for gambling on players who've fell out of favour elsewhere, or sign hungry players looking to make the step up, or bring through some of the youth players, then who the fuck is he to pass judgement on a policy like that? Especially when "Andy, Nobby, etc etc" were players who developed into "major players of the team" because of such a transfer policy.

Guest Dontooner

Its true, if you dont spend, its difficult to  achieve top 6 or stay in it...He had good reason to leave imo...Bigger pay package , in a club willing to spend, at his age ...its probably the most important time.

On a individual level i respect his decision....just hope he jinx liverpool when he plays against us ....but overall was proud to have a future spanish international that played his heart for us ..

Don't really mind Jose, he is the only one of the recent departures who I believe left for genuine reasons even if he did string us all along for a while regarding a new contract and claimed to want champions league football but left for one that didn't currently have it.

He never claimed that.

From the same interview as his "training hard"

"When I signed here I wanted to play Champions League football with this club and also to try and go to the national team. If I go I'll be happy but for me the national team is an extra. It's important but for me it's my club first."

maybe he had the idea that a club who had appeared in the champion's league 8 times in the past 10 seasons, making the final twice and winning it once, and were busy spending lots of money, had a better chance of qualifying for the champion's league in the next few years. just a thought.

maybe he had the idea that a club who had appeared in the champion's league 8 times in the past 10 seasons, making the final twice and winning it once, and were busy spending lots of money, had a better chance of qualifying for the champion's league in the next few years. just a thought.

fuck it

Johnny I don't think most people begrudged him for leaving to a club that most would perceive to be better and more ambitious, it is just the way he dragged things out and stringed us along.

Plus after all his confession about how much he loved the fans, his latest comment about training in Liverpool is better than at Newcastle was unnecessary and just disrespectful. 

And also talking about going to a Champions League club and then decide that Liverpool was good enough. Fair, they will probably go there before us, but still it is not  sure they will be going there either for some time.

And yes. I agree that a lot of his latest comments, and the way he left, is really disgraceful and I can honest say that I don´t like him for one bit any more. apparently Suarez is a good friend of his now, and good. I like him, Enrique, as much now as I like Suarez... :icon_puke_r:

‘The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy (Carroll), Nobby ( Kevin Nolan) etc etc.’

‘This club will never again fight to be among the top 6 again with this policy.’

Still consider him to be a total c*** for this comment. Players should have no right to question their employers so publicly on things like players sales and transfer policies. If the club want to sell high (as all mid-table clubs do), move the dross on and then instead of spending big on replacements, opt for gambling on players who've fell out of favour elsewhere, or sign hungry players looking to make the step up, or bring through some of the youth players, then who the f*** is he to pass judgement on a policy like that? Especially when "Andy, Nobby, etc etc" were players who developed into "major players of the team" because of such a transfer policy.

I just find it amusing that he was 100% wrong with those comments.  Well, at least 50% wrong for now.

Think our good start has really softened the blow of him leaving.

Not to mention how our excellent transfer policy has contributed to softening that blow...

Oh and that 'harder' training appears to be paying dividends on the pitch :thup:

He never claimed that.

From the same interview as his "training hard"

"When I signed here I wanted to play Champions League football with this club and also to try and go to the national team. If I go I'll be happy but for me the national team is an extra. It's important but for me it's my club first."

He never claimed that before he left; thought it was pretty obvious that's what I was correcting from Jon's post.

Still consider him to be a total cunt for this comment. Players should have no right to question their employers so publicly on things like players sales and transfer policies. If the club want to sell high (as all mid-table clubs do), move the dross on and then instead of spending big on replacements, opt for gambling on players who've fell out of favour elsewhere, or sign hungry players looking to make the step up, or bring through some of the youth players, then who the fuck is he to pass judgement on a policy like that? Especially when "Andy, Nobby, etc etc" were players who developed into "major players of the team" because of such a transfer policy.

Same, I like him but like Nolan and Barton he should have kept his mouth shut on these issues. Footballers always get attached to their teammates and think they're brilliant and irreplaceable, they're about the least qualified to comment on this stuff.

Training doesn't even matter that much - look at Shola, king of the training field. Dogshit on matchdays when it counts. I personally couldn't give a fuck if Pardew's training sessions consisted of McDonalds and cuban cigars if we were still winning games every week.

Having said that, I think if that was reality then Nolan may have dug his heels in a lot more. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Claiming he's a prick won't stop him being the best left back we've ever had in the Premier League. We don't know what happened behind the scenes, but I'd much rather we'd succeeded in keeping him.

This thing about looking at the league is funny like. I forgot that a season is 6 games long.

Claiming he's a prick won't stop him being the best left back we've ever had in the Premier League. We don't know what happened behind the scenes, but I'd much rather we'd succeeded in keeping him.

This thing about looking at the league is funny like. I forgot that a season is 6 games long.

Clever lad, you.

Coloccini will be a money-hungry traitor this time next year.

Coloccini will be a money-hungry traitor this time next year.

nice of you to remind everyone just in case they hadn't picked up on it the first 100 times they heard it.

On your second point I'd say it's almost entirely tongue in cheek.

On your second point I'd say it's almost entirely tongue in cheek.

Nah, he's right. We'll lock the forum and open it up again in May. There's no point in discussing anything until the season is over... ;)

Don't understand the point of this post, nobody was arguing he wasn't a class player for us.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't understand the point of this post, nobody was arguing he wasn't a class player for us.

I know, I was making the point that dismissing him as a prick won't make it any easier to swallow that a player of that calibre has gone.

I know, I was making the point that dismissing him as a prick won't make it any easier to swallow that a player of that calibre has gone.

Who said that the the reason was to make it easier? People were having a go at him for talking down on his former club, Newcastle. Quite simple tbh.