Geremi's pre-season performances

Guest Knightrider

He was the signing that excited me the most, I knew he'd be quality but he looks even better than I thought, and definitely looks cut out to play central midfield which I hadn't expected. Seems to have found his level with us.

Really looks a class act in defence and attack, captain material too. He looks like everything Parker should have been but never was. Very impressed so far.

Guest loves the toon

every game in pre season geremi looks world class ,precise passing,getting stuck in,annoyed when failed to make clean tackle.  :angel:

A great move for us, for free as well.

blueyes.gif

Excellent signing. He's looked the dog's bollocks so far and if he's fit, I can see him being the first on the teamsheet in various positions.  :)

Will be wasted at full back, be interesting to see what Sam does when Barton is back.

He'll be wasted anywhere apart from through the middle, he can do more than one job but I'd keep him where he is.

is it just me who finally feel that we are starting to have some real depth in our squad??

Bring a RB and Dragutinovic in and we surely have some competition for places, long time since we had that.

can only make the players work harder and play better since they know that they have players breathing downtheir neck and waiting for a chance to claim a startin spot..

and we also have alot more quality..

FEEELS GREAT....

Barton started on the right of a three against Carlisle, not the central role. Barton and Geremi in a 442 is looking very solid and attacking and all this highlights that the signings that Sam has made all give us lots of options.

[cums prematurely]

Guest BooBoo

is it just me who finally feel that we are starting to have some real depth in our squad??

Bring a RB and Dragutinovic in and we surely have some competition for places, long time since we had that.

can only make the players work harder and play better since they know that they have players breathing downtheir neck and waiting for a chance to claim a startin spot..

and we also have alot more quality..

FEEELS GREAT....

Yeah your right, the club has a shiny feel about it, partyly due to a whole new squad. It feels like the Shearer era has been laid to rest and we're ready to begin a new Toon age.

i think butt is excellent

would always play him

Barton Emre Geremi will be fighting for cm

Butt must struggle for a game when Barton's fit.

Saw Geremi for the first time yesterday and was very impressed. His first touch was amazing, and his all round game was excellent.

Looks like a great signing.

i think butt is excellent

would always play him

Barton Emre Geremi will be fighting for cm

Butt must struggle for a game when Barton's fit.

Saw Geremi for the first time yesterday and was very impressed. His first touch was amazing, and his all round game was excellent.

Looks like a great signing.

And yesterday was his poorest performance so far IMO :lol:

Will be wasted at full back, be interesting to see what Sam does when Barton is back.

----- Geremi --- Barton -----

FTW.

Box-to-box attacker mixer-upper in Barton, while Geremi is the cool, calm and collected playmaker who can play the ball and spread the play - who'd probably sit back. Don't see why it wouldn't work.

----- Geremi --- Barton -----

FTW.

Box-to-box attacker mixer-upper in Barton, while Geremi is the cool, calm and collected playmaker who can play the ball and spread the play - who'd probably sit back. Don't see why it wouldn't work.

Agree. That would be the best midfield 2. Then either one other CM such as Emre or Smith in a 4-3-3. (Those two in a 4-4-2)

I think it has to be clear that we have to get a RB as well as bringing in Dragutinovic. Geremi has to play in midfield and Carr is too s*** to start. Taylor could play there, but he is much better as a CB. Glen Johnson?

Don't know what games you've been watching mate but Carr has looked good in pre-season. Maybe Big Sam has "sorted" him out.

He's not too shit to start! :rolleyes:

Would like to see a RB in so Geremi is more likely to play the majority of games in CM, but I agree Carr has looked better and should possibly be given another chance. It doesn't make any sense to condemn him on last season's evidence when the team and regime are so different now.