Satisfied?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm over the moon with the players we've brought it, it's just a pity we hadn't spent more on them, that's the only downside for me, we could have spent more money.

I bloody hope you're joking. The amount we've spent makes me even happier.

It doesn't show enough ambition getting these players on the cheap. we look as if we're going to have to sell to buy, not a good sign.

I was quite happy when it was rumoured we were signing Enrique for £4m but now he has cost over £6m I am dancing in the street.

Spot on with that assessment, a bit like when we stuck an extra £300k on the Barton deal.  That's the only ambition we've shown so far

It doesn't show enough ambition getting these players on the cheap. we look as if we're going to have to sell to buy, not a good sign.

To me it shows we've brought in quality players for free and signed an English midfielder for less than he's worth. If we had spent £35m on these players would you have been happier? I thought all of our fans would have learnt from the past. Its not about the price you pay, its the quality you get. We've spent so much on shit over the years. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come with the quality we seem to have brought in.

To me it shows we've brought in quality players for free and signed an English midfielder for less than he's worth. If we had spent £35m on these players would you have been happier? I thought all of our fans would have learnt from the past. Its not about the price you pay, its the quality you get. We've spent so much on s*** over the years. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come with the quality we seem to have brought in.

Am I right in thinking that you don't want to spend money?  If we'd spent £35 million on the 7 players we've bought so far we would have had more chance of them coming good, these low prices just make them think they don't have to play for us, they think anything goes.

Guest sicko2ndbest

To me it shows we've brought in quality players for free and signed an English midfielder for less than he's worth. If we had spent £35m on these players would you have been happier? I thought all of our fans would have learnt from the past. Its not about the price you pay, its the quality you get. We've spent so much on s*** over the years. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come with the quality we seem to have brought in.

Am I right in thinking that you don't want to spend money?  If we'd spent £35 million on the 7 players we've bought so far we would have had more chance of them coming good, these low prices just make them think they don't have to play for us, they think anything goes.

Mick, you have completely lost the plot. We have far and away conducted the best business by any club in the transfer window in terms of value for money. Get a grip!

I'd rather have the players we have for the cash we've spent rather than looking good and ending up like leeds, up s**t creek without any arms to hold the non existant paddle.

Quality summer, good sensible buys, just a little worried that they are not all proven in our league.

delighted with the signings!for once we didnt get nervous and spend over the odds!We got some great bargains,Viduka on a free,roz for only 2.5mil,barton for £5.8, £1.2 less than parker even though hes younger and can pass the ball forward not two yards sideways,Geremi on a free,can play in many different  positions and could be our  next  captain!Alan Smith for £6mil is a fair price,if we sell Dyer for more than £6mil Id say its an excellent deal as I would rate Smith higher than him!Looks like we finally got the right manager with nearly all of our signings saying that Sam wos the  main reason they signed for us! :clap2: :clap: :clap: :celb: :thup: O0 O0 O0

Guest fishman09

i agree with olliemort.  the signings have been awesome for price to quality ratio.  before roader left/take over i would've been happy with just a few of the kind of the signings we've made.  but with all thats happened i'm just chuffed to bits with all the signings we've got.  price, for me is irrelevant, with the frees we've signed being top top class.

i think we're seriously in danger of having a bloody good defence this year

well happy

fish

Satisfied to some extent. We know he wants more in as well. We could do with some pace in midfield . Another centre half and a right back wouldnt hurt.

Guest Dr Jeckl

Quite pleased at the moment but will be chuffed once the deals go through for deco,cannavaro,ronhildino,thuram,heinze,gudjohnson and fanni :laugh:

I'm reasonably satisfied. He's addressed the areas of the squad that we all knew needed attention, and clearly hasn't overspent. That said, we have to see how many of them look good signings once they've settled in. I'll be surprised if they all perform but I've more trust in his judgement than I have in that of the last few managers.

The optimism now doesn't compare with that of summer 2005 in my opinion.

Except we forget with hindsight how happy we all were now we've seen pretty much all the signings made that summer disappoint.

Thus far, I am neutral - we've got the bodies and operated effectively in the market, but arethe players good enough? Ask me in November if I am satisfied.

Really happy. I'm pleased that we haven't gone down the trophy signing route and paid sensible prices for very solid players.

I've also got an air of excitement about the new lads who I've never seen before. Theres something I love about the transfer windows where you sign unknown players for a decent fee.

The potential to unearth an awesome player is brilliant and the best thing about the summer break for me.

I'd love to see Enrique or Rozenthal or someone just turn out to be immense.

Quality.

Guest Knightrider

Lived up to my expectations so far (Big Sam) so very very happy, best is yet to come as well. Happy days.