Hammers eye Solano move - More Oliver bollocks?

Leazes1986

Guest firetotheworks

I don't really think we need to replace him though, as he really didn't have a place int he team to begin with!

His absence will mean more opportunities for Milner and Zoggy, and we still have Duff in the team too. Good news for Milner and Zoggy who deserve more opportunities to play.

Think we ought to still focus on a right back still if anything.

Swiss magpie how are the negotiations for Behrami going?  :smiley6600:

Theres his place in the team. I dont understand why you seem so willing to offload Solano? If he were to go then he would need replacing, even with a back up. With the amount of time left I dont see a replacement of nobbys standard knocking about either.

I'd refuse to sell to West Ham out of spite. They've fucked us around about Dyer, we should tell them to get stuffed or better still, leave them hanging till the 31st, let them think they're in with a chance of signing either/both, then pull it.

Bent cockney cunts.

I think we should give him his move. Unlike Dyer he has been a good servant to the club and here he is not in the first team anymore, we should give him the chance to be near his family.

I'll be absolutely gutted if Solano leaves.

I think it's very important to have someone like him in a squad, loves the club and loved by the fans, an experienced professional and an example for the younger players, someone who can help ease the transition between old era and new. Not to mention he's still a bloody good player on his day and brings qualities to the side that are in short supply.

We're a squad in major transition and if we lose Solano we'll be losing more than just a good player. We should fight tooth and nail to keep him IMO.

I think we should give him his move. Unlike Dyer he has been a good servant to the club and here he is not in the first team anymore, we should give him the chance to be near his family.

I would give him the move to any club but them, not that I want him to go.

I always hoped that Solano would finish his playing career at Newcastle and then move into a coaching role.  He is the best technical footballer we have at the club and his knowledge / ability to read the game is second to none.

Would hate to see him go!!

Guest Texasmag

Reading the first translation, it looks like it could be his agent also that has been unsettling Nobby. Maybe has been putting feelers out. Who knows.

I certainly don't want him to go, but I do feel like he is taking the piss. How come all of a sudden everyones family is moving to London? How come we never heard a thing about this until Dyer's move fell through? Too coincidental for me.

I just think it would be better to let him move, as I think he would be difficult if he was forced to stay and wasn't played. We don't need anyone poisoning the team spirit irregardless of who it is.

When I say I don't think Nobby needs replacing, what I meant was that I didn't think we needed to go out and get another right-winger necessarily.

Don't forget Becks will be coming in on loan after the MLS season too  O0

I know peoples' situations can change quite quickly but you figure he would have had some idea about his family moving to London before the summer so why sign a new contract?

Doesn't give any dates but apparently his wife moved down to London with the kids recently, he said that things happened suddenly and he had not planned to play for any other Premiership club but that has disrupted his plans. Sounds like this may all have happened since he signed the contract.

I'm sure Nobby mentioned months ago that his wife was working in London as a translator or something like that, I don't think things have just changed for him.  It might have been even around the time he returned from Villa that I read something.

I certainly don't want him to go, but I do feel like he is taking the piss. How come all of a sudden everyones family is moving to London? How come we never heard a thing about this until Dyer's move fell through? Too coincidental for me.

Sounds like he and his wife have split up recently and she's taken the kids down to London. One of the Peruvian sites say "ex wife" and another says he's separated as well.

Guest Magpiecn

If Luque and Solano both go, it'll be a shame Enrique will be without a Spanish speaker at the club.

geremi speaks some = )

So does Deco...

Hope he can come,a class player.

If Solano doesn't play tomorrow, anyone reckon Dyer might start?

There would be several ways of reshuffling the pack in a 4-4-2. Playing Ramage LB with Milner switching over to RW and Zoggy LW, for example, or moving Geremi across to the right with Butt and Smith in the middle, Milner LW and Zoggy LB.

Also if we have agreed to let the player move, I'd be bloody surprised if we do West Ham a favour and give him away. They're obviously trying to take advantage of the situation, again.

Sounds like he and his wife have split up recently and she's taken the kids down to London. One of the Peruvian sites say "ex wife" and another says he's separated as well.

Aaaah I see ... in that case will moving down to London really help his situation?

Nout like a woman scorned you know! Doubt he will be seeing those kids much anyway. Should have kept his trumpet in his brief ... case.

His wife ditched him because their marriage has been on the rocks ever since he was caught cheating on her a few years ago (right after he moved to Villa). And FYI she's an architect not a translator.

Every player has a price and I would have to say Nobby's is a bit more than free.

His wife ditched him because their marriage has been on the rocks ever since he was caught cheating on her a few years ago (right after he moved to Villa). And FYI she's an architect not a translator.

Every player has a price and I would have to say Nobby's is a bit more than free.

She was actually a student or something in London originally, I couldn't remember what she was doing.  I've posted a link to what he was up to just before and after his move to Villa.    >:D