Carling Cup 2nd Round - Newcastle vs Barnsley (29/08/07)

Guest Geordiesned

Be about 30,000 if Barnsley bring a couple of thousand up for their biggest game of the season i would imagine

we will win 4-1

Troisi, Smith, Milner, Viduka/Martins

Hahaha :lol:

whats so funny?

Guest dreamboy3000

Long may your poor home scoring record continue. Apparently ticket details for us away fans should be announced this morning according to our official site. It's about time.

Long may your poor home scoring record continue. Apparently ticket details for us away fans should be announced this morning according to our official site. It's about time.

*Menacing music*

Be about 30,000 if Barnsley bring a couple of thousand up for their biggest game of the season i would imagine

we will win 4-1

Troisi, Smith, Milner, Viduka/Martins

Hahaha :lol:

whats so funny?

The fact you predict a 4-1 score, and then predict 3 of the scorers but can't decide on the fourth. Crystal ball a bit misty on that one or something?

Things I expect to see:

The left back start

The brazilian start at CB

Owen to start

Shola to start

Given to start

Wasn't going to bother with this match but I may do now.

Expecting all of the above, other than Shola starting. No way he'll drop Viduka now...

Things I expect to see:

The left back start

Owen to start

Shola to start

Given to start

Expecting all of the above, other than Shola starting. No way he'll drop Viduka now...

I'd be shocked to see Viduka start. I expect to see either Smith or Shola partnering Owen.

Things I expect to see:

The left back start

Owen to start

Shola to start

Given to start

I'd be shocked to see Viduka start. I expect to see either Smith or Shola partnering Owen.

Actually on second thoughts yeah - he'll probably rest him. Would be nice to see Shola and Owen up there.

I'd play:

-------------------------------- Harper ------------------------------

Taylor --------- Cacapa ---------------- Rozehnal ----- Enrique

Milner ---------- Geremi ---------------- Emre --------- N'Zogbia

------------------ Ameobi ---------------- Owen --------------------

We've got to nudge N'Zogbia up into his favoured wing position now, that's the most crucial line-up matter of the game, i think. Yeah - we need to blood Enrique and Cacapa now, obviously - but we've got to get Zoggy up there given his latest performances. Chuffed to pieces he's playing well again.

And i think it's a given that we ought to go 4-4-2.

A comfortably dull 3-0, Milner and Ameobi twice to score. :D

This game is a great opportunity to give Cacapa a start and to finally debut Enrique. I hope he puts Smith out there at some point, though, as he needs more time to settle into his role, obviously. Hopefully we get a comfortable win with no injuries.

Things I expect to see:

The left back start

Owen to start

Shola to start

Given to start

Viduka wont be dropped,he will be rested.Sam said himself hes still not fully fit!Like to see Smith and Owen up front