Nobby to Portsmouth? - "No offers yet" says Allardyce

magorific

Imminent apparently, or so I'm told.

EDIT: Quotes today (16th August) from Allardyce

Big Sam On Solano Latest

By Craig Hope

SAM Allardyce says that he would be sad to see Nobby Solano leave Newcastle United but concedes that could happen with the little Peruvian wishing to be closer to his family.

The Toon gaffer has been impressed by the 32-year-old during pre-season and has taken a particular shine to the likeable character of the former Boca Juniors star.

But, with Solano keen to be closer to his children in the South, Allardyce admits that the midfielder could be heading for pastures new.

"Nobby Solano has a similar problem to Kieron in that he wants to be nearer to his family and if that needs to be resolved then it could be the case that he leaves the club," said the 52-year-old boss.

"At the moment there has been no offer and I don't particularly want him to leave, but we will discuss these problems and see how things work out.

"Nobby's had a great pre-season and was disappointed not to start at Bolton last week.

"He is a smashing lad and I've particularly enjoyed listening to his band and I would be sad to see him go if that was to happen."

Guest elbee909

Magorific... You have the mate who works at the chronicle or something, right? Or is that someone else?

If it is you then I'm inclined to believe this.

Aye, that's me.

But the mate isn't AO!

Alan 'No Mates'.  Aw.

West Ham players don't live in London anyhow normally, they live in nice South East pads. In that sense, it would be the same distance to London from where Nobby would live if he got a pad in Hampshire.