Cacapa! How do you think he'll do?

BONTEMPI

Guest David Kelly

From what I saw of him a couple of years ago the guy was absolutely immense in defence for Lyon.  He was just the sort of player I wished we could sign and never thought we would.

If his legs are ok and he can adapt (and since he looks a strong type of player I think he will) I think he could do very well for us.

I can see him playing at RB more than CB, I just hope he has pace if he is played at RB, he is no spring chicken but then again he will have more sense than to over commit like Carr does.

Lets just hope when he does play that he has a very decent first game, no crowd getting on his back or anything, same for Enrique too.

I can see him playing at RB more than CB, I just hope he has pace if he is played at RB, he is no spring chicken but then again he will have more sense than to over commit like Carr does.

Lets just hope when he does play that he has a very decent first game, no crowd getting on his back or anything, same for Enrique too.

If CB is his prefered position, i'd rather he play there and move Taylor to right back.

Or just go 3 CB

I've never seen him play before. He sounds like a good player and I hope he proves to be as if he çan read the game and tidy things up a la Woodgate, it will benefit not only the team, but young Mr Taylor too.

Sounds good, just a little unsure as I have never really rated Brazillian defenders. Not at defending anyway.

I don't reckon he'll feature very often, and will be off next summer.

Shame, as he seems a nice guy, but I can't see him getting past other players.

Yeh, thats what i think and i dont like it, i cant beleive we finally have the headache of keepind 3 maybe 4 "immense" CB happy. (i use the term immense in light of what we have had in the past) I just think Cacapa wont ant to stay, i think Taylor is dead cert to start.

Yeh, thats what i think and i dont like it, i cant beleive we finally have the headache of keepind 3 maybe 4 "immense" CB happy. (i use the term immense in light of what we have had in the past) I just think Cacapa wont ant to stay, i think Taylor is dead cert to start.

In fairness though we are trying to build a side to handle player injuries and resting over worked players before they break down, regardless if he does turn into a back up as many said I would rather be in a position as a manager to make these choices (or feel easier resting a player) than think shit what kids can we throw into the mix which can potentially harm their development.

In fairness though we are trying to build a side to handle player injuries and resting over worked players before they break down, regardless if he does turn into a back up as many said I would rather be in a position as a manager to make these choices (or feel easier resting a player) than think s*** what kids can we throw into the mix which can potentially harm their development.

Yeh mate, i agree, but i if cacapa does turn out to be class then its gona be such a wrench if he goes because of lack of oppurtnity, we aren't a good enough club just yet to keep a player with a rep like cacapa out the team, i think he's just too big a player at the mo to keep out the squad, i thin ksomeone like Roz would be more willig to sit out, but him and Stevie seems to have gelled well so...its just a point. I mean its sods law, you historically struggle to fill the CB with quality, then the oppurtunity to have 3 come at once.

If he's class we'll build a defence around him. I don't see the problem there. All the top teams have competition for places.

The main problem will be keeping him injury-free if his past record is anything to go by. If we can do that he should be a top signing given his pedigree.

Guest David Kelly

I see him playing quite a bit with Taylor playing rightback a fair amount if we don't sign anyone else for there.

Carr is clearly shite and doesn't have the height the Sam likes.

From what little I've seen of them, I think Cacapa might well be our best defender.